Notices

Real Cigarette?

Old 11-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
PS- Didn't the legendary steckz have that boat at one time???
Looks like it, then seano? was asking $4k in the last year or so.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:40 PM
Registered

Anyone know who ended up with this boat?
Old 11-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by twin screws
Anyone know who ended up with this boat?
That would be me. Not sure what the plan is yet. Got it off the trailer and up in the air today. The bottom looks good. Pretty straight, maybe a 1/16" hook about 18" fwd of the transom. The transom needs replaced. Stringer tabbing is all delaminated. Some heavy damage on the nose. I like the idea of the project for sure...

Been searching the threads for pics and ideas and such.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:38 PM
Registered

Good luck, please keep us updated.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WOTW2E
That would be me. Not sure what the plan is yet. Got it off the trailer and up in the air today. The bottom looks good. Pretty straight, maybe a 1/16" hook about 18" fwd of the transom. The transom needs replaced. Stringer tabbing is all delaminated. Some heavy damage on the nose. I like the idea of the project for sure...

I like this idea!!! I know it a 24 but looks AWESOME!!!
Attached Thumbnails Real Cigarette?-102708%2520005.jpg   Real Cigarette?-img_1153%2520-large-.jpg  
Old 11-24-2010, 11:30 AM
Registered

That boat was mine for several years. Dave bought it from GL and I bought it from Dave...Like my 28SS, its the new OSO bicycle...

Best of luck with it. Keep us up on the progress.

Last edited by Sean; 01-25-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:42 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Originally Posted by WOTW2E

Getting the structure right, is the most important thing, so don't skimp there. You'd hate to have it all ready to go, with a new paint job & parts, then have it delaminate out there, possibly sinking your project.

Those are the things people don't budget when they start one of these "projects". There's a lot more to it than picking interior colors, gauges & a paint job.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:43 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
Is this a real cigarette or just a "Cigarette Style" boat?
-Mike
Looks exactlly like the Cig 20 i found in Quebec years ago. Back then the guy in Quebec got it from a yard in NY where the guy had not paid his fees.

Boat was set up for a 3 Drive and is a Cigarette 20.

I got it and sold in within 20 hours to Stecz I think it went to offshoredrilling after or tantrum or something like that. Sure looks like it.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:51 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

there was another boat built in the early mid 70's that was an exact copy of the 20 cig - and I mean exact - insert in the bow - everything - except a flat hatch, which I believe the first cig 20's had as well. I have seen a magazine ad for them, but I can't remember the name...I'll have to search my pic files, I think I have a pic of the ad still...point being, is there no doubt it's a cig? just curious....
Old 01-25-2011, 05:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hang Time 27
there was another boat built in the early mid 70's that was an exact copy of the 20 cig - and I mean exact - insert in the bow - everything - except a flat hatch, which I believe the first cig 20's had as well. I have seen a magazine ad for them, but I can't remember the name...I'll have to search my pic files, I think I have a pic of the ad still...point being, is there no doubt it's a cig? just curious....

Do you have pics of this 20?

The boat in question was mine and has a CRT HIN. Oddly, it is engraved in the boat backwards. I am told there was one other like this and this was done on the early boats. Upon inspection of the layup, stringers, etc, it is consistant with a CRT layup...I've had enough of them to tell...but hey...I could be wrong. At the time, i was confortable with the HIN and the proper paperwork.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.