Notices

who runs the xpower drive

Old 11-03-2010, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

There was a whole thread on PB about the xpower drive on a howard sportdeck with big power. The guy's handle is KAP.

I did a search and it appears gone but I know he did extensive documentation on his testing and what he did to make it work. He initially had some issues with the company but at the very end and with the attention he was getting on the board, they made it right.

I'd reach out to him on there for detailed info.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The new drive needs the Big SS Gimbal as I put in the a photo on another thread. There are gears sets in testing that fit right into Stock XR but they are not available, we have a set in the 32 Spectra w/775 HP and have no problems so far.I have a pair on the way for another 32 Spectra with similar power and we will have a good comparison.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

hay guys was out on the water testing a boat not mine i wish the drives have been awsome so far 50 hrs just sent them back for inspection looked eccellent should be getting them back here in the next day or so and heading down to fla towards franks place the gimbale issuse is solved by them they have a stanleess steell ginball ring for the bravo transom assembly will keep you updateed from fla
Old 11-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by C_Spray
It looked as if the geartrain/power transmission capabilities were good, but pushing that kind of power through a Bravo-stlye gimbal and transom assembly would seem to be the weak link. Could be a good bolt-on upgrade for Bravo-equipped boats, kind of along the lines of some of IMCO's offerings.
Good observation and on point in a lot of areas.

Originally Posted by Philm
If they can get the price down a more reasonable level, they would be great. Last I heard they were still in the $35k a side level, which IMO is a bit out of touch with the general boating public that is searching for a stronger bravo style replacement.
Take Imco SCX for example. seems to be pretty strong, and only $13k.
Philm:

You could put the best Arneson has to offer in a variety of colors and still put about 30-40K back in your pocket in savings. This parallels what you wrote above absolutely correct if you target the purchase price down to reasonable levels you will attract buyers. At the current price it simply does not make economic sense. This financial disparity is greater in a twin engine configuration when you have other proven high performance drives such as Arneson, Zeiger, BPM and Mercury for less money.

Keep in mind you are only paying for the back leg of a drive...no, transom assembly, gimbal, helmet, spacers, low oil warning lights, rams or gimbal.

Dre:

Yup I remember my hard work on running the X-Power Drive.

I'm curious to see what the Strut people do with this product. Scott Struthers is a nice person and ambitious. Hopefully, he can take this product to the next level. In my opinion it does have potential in the Bravo conversion market place.

NOTE & FYI---I am kinda guarded in my comments herein but will say this much---if people are going to make bovine idiotic comments which misrepresents the quality of a product or attempt to unduly influence the marine public by concealing a know defect or weak link in the public domain. I will be more than happy to chime in!

KAP

P.S. Hey Jimkid if I were you I would be very careful about what I say! Don't go cheerleading with half the facts you did that the last time. I.E...Telling us how bit chin stuff is with 3 hours under your belt.

P.P.S. Hey Tres is the stainless gimbal cast or forged? Is it standard on the drive or an add on feature the customer must pay an additonal fee for? Do you have any photos of this gimbal? As for the XR gear sets what is different about them if anything at all? Do they have the same amount of surface area on the pinion and ring gear?

Hope you get the picture.

Carry on!
Old 01-25-2011, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tres
The new drive needs the Big SS Gimbal as I put in the a photo on another thread. There are gears sets in testing that fit right into Stock XR but they are not available, we have a set in the 32 Spectra w/775 HP and have no problems so far.I have a pair on the way for another 32 Spectra with similar power and we will have a good comparison.

Any update on these gears??
Old 01-25-2011, 03:33 PM
Registered

It is the type of metal and the strength properties that make it unique. Will be trying them on our skater shortly then loto s dist.if they perform.drive will be complete when we sell. It is also much more efficient
Old 01-25-2011, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mr buttonhead
It is the type of metal and the strength properties that make it unique. Will be trying them on our skater shortly then loto s dist.if they perform.drive will be complete when we sell. It is also much more efficient
Darr,
I thought you were selling your "44" Skater? Isn't it still in the classifieds???
Old 01-25-2011, 03:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SS930
Darr,
I thought you were selling your "44" Skater? Isn't it still in the classifieds???
Will be another one along soon
Old 01-25-2011, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I will try the new gears if you need some test boats
Old 01-25-2011, 09:44 PM
Registered

Wink

Originally Posted by kap328
Good observation and on point in a lot of areas.

Philm:

You could put the best Arneson has to offer in a variety of colors and still put about 30-40K back in your pocket in savings. This parallels what you wrote above absolutely correct if you target the purchase price down to reasonable levels you will attract buyers. At the current price it simply does not make economic sense. This financial disparity is greater in a twin engine configuration when you have other proven high performance drives such as Arneson, Zeiger, BPM and Mercury for less money.

Keep in mind you are only paying for the back leg of a drive...no, transom assembly, gimbal, helmet, spacers, low oil warning lights, rams or gimbal.

Dre:

Yup I remember my hard work on running the X-Power Drive.

I'm curious to see what the Strut people do with this product. Scott Struthers is a nice person and ambitious. Hopefully, he can take this product to the next level. In my opinion it does have potential in the Bravo conversion market place.

NOTE & FYI---I am kinda guarded in my comments herein but will say this much---if people are going to make bovine idiotic comments which misrepresents the quality of a product or attempt to unduly influence the marine public by concealing a know defect or weak link in the public domain. I will be more than happy to chime in!

KAP

P.S. Hey Jimkid if I were you I would be very careful about what I say! Don't go cheerleading with half the facts you did that the last time. I.E...Telling us how bit chin stuff is with 3 hours under your belt.

P.P.S. Hey Tres is the stainless gimbal cast or forged? Is it standard on the drive or an add on feature the customer must pay an additonal fee for? Do you have any photos of this gimbal? As for the XR gear sets what is different about them if anything at all? Do they have the same amount of surface area on the pinion and ring gear?

Hope you get the picture.

Carry on!
Thanks for posting, after I started this thread I was sent to a thread about your efforts to get yours running right. what a hassel you went threw I feel bad for you. konrad has been a great help to me . I am not in the water yet, but they gave me contacts on company that did install the ace drive on a 800hp single drive boat plus other twins .we talked and I should have mine right on for the X. but these x drives come with zip, the konrad comes with a box/ext steering/drive/gimbal/tranny/ plans. the arenson comes complete with full steering. and both are a lot less than that unproven x drive. hey they get there heads together and figure out that its better to help the customer include all the parts sell the drives for what imco does they will be millionaires quicker than selling 3 a year for triple the money. at 15 grand they would move. thanks kap and konrad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.