Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who's the fastest (by brand)? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/241882-whos-fastest-brand.html)

Pro1 11-03-2010 07:46 PM

Rumor has it Romers 388 Skater ran the speeds with transmissions and pump gas.

Catmando 11-03-2010 07:48 PM

Fastest MTI pleasureboat is Phat Cat-over 200mph with 1850hp turbines.

thisistank 11-03-2010 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Plowtownmissile (Post 3245706)
Who has the baddest Cigarette? etc regardless of what's powering it (gas, alcohol, turbine, piston).

"baddest"? That's open for interpretation. "Fastest"? That's pretty simple. As far as Vee's goes here's the top three "officially":

Fastest Fountain ever built is "cat killer" at 171 mph "official" /177mph un-official.

Fastest Cigarette (yes, with construction assistance of Peter (as was "cat killer)) is the Kilo/Strength & Honor/black boat @ 163 "official" / 172mph un-official.

Fastest OL ever built is "XXX" 161 "official" / Unk. un-official but prob somwhere right at 170.

dykstra 11-03-2010 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 3245763)
"baddest"? That's open for interpretation. "Fastest"? That's pretty simple. As far as Vee's goes here's the top three "officially":

Fastest Fountain ever built is "cat killer" at 171 mph "official" /177mph un-official.

Fastest Cigarette (yes, with construction assistance of Peter (as was "cat killer)) is the Kilo/Strength & Honor/black boat @ 163 "official" / 172mph un-official.

Fastest OL ever built is "XXX" 161 "official" / Unk. un-official but prob somwhere right at 170.

That's what I was thinking.:drink:

SDFever 11-03-2010 09:27 PM

I think "Hot For Teacher" is the "baddest" Cig I've ever seen so far anywhere and they enjoy the heck out of it!

OL40SVX 11-03-2010 09:35 PM

I didnt think Cat Kiler was built by Skater? OL has been north of 170 un-officially and built and designed all by OL. Cat Killer is also not the record holding Fountain. The record boat is currently for sale in the classifieds and is owned by a guy in IL. I dont think cat killer ran those numbers anyways but thats what I've heard.

Brad Zastrow 11-03-2010 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm (Post 3245825)
I didnt think Cat Kiler was built by Skater? OL has been north of 170 un-officially and built and designed all by OL. Cat Killer is also not the record holding Fountain. The record boat is currently for sale in the classifieds and is owned by a guy in IL. I dont think cat killer ran those numbers anyways but thats what I've heard.

The Cat Killer was a nick name given to the 47' Fountain that showed up to Poker Runs that was not the fastest hull for Fountain. The record setting hull is the 42' (40') that is for sale now in IL. The owner Mike Lovergine is a friend who loves Fountains. I think he has lost count of how many he has owned.

OL40SVX 11-03-2010 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow (Post 3245857)
The Cat Killer was a nick name given to the 47' Fountain that showed up to Poker Runs that was not the fastest hull for Fountain. The record setting hull is the 42' (40') that is for sale now in IL. The owner Mike Lovergine is a friend who loves Fountains. I think he has lost count of how many he has owned.

Yes, I know that and thats basically what I posted. But Cat Killer and the record boat was built (laid up) by Fountain werent they? Not Skater

thisistank 11-03-2010 11:05 PM

My mistake, I was under the impression the fountain kilo boat and the cat killer were one in the same. As I'm still under the impression they are both epoxy boats layed up by skater as was other fountain race boats. I dont think fountain has/had the means to build an epoxy boat. Not knocking it. Companies like cigarette, fountain, heck even baja don't deal in epoxy regularly and when the need is there they go to those that are renowned for their epoxy work and high speed/low drag hull designs (Douglas marine). Of course, I by no means claim to be all knowing when it comes to all things fountain (or much else for that matter).

So, just to clear it up, I was refering to the fountain kilo boat that holds the Vee bottom record and is fountains fastest hull to date.

Cigarettes kilo boat is officially the second fastest Vee bottom ever built. OL's XXX (although never officially sanctioned) is renowned By most (me included) as the third fastest Vee hull.

You can claim OL has gone over 170 (in a vee) just as some claim Reggie had a boat that was ready to do 200 or that the Cig kilo boat had a lot more than 172 in it like JT said, but all that really doesn't matter - talk is cheap, the numbers are what they are.

I wouldn't turn down any of those boats.

VetteLT193 11-04-2010 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow (Post 3245857)

Cat killer is the nick name of both boats, so it is confusing. The original Cat Killer made it to poker runs too.