Positive experience with engine shop-Kurt's >

Positive experience with engine shop-Kurt's

Notices

Positive experience with engine shop-Kurt's

Old 11-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Positive experience with engine shop-Kurt's

I just wanted to post the about the positive experience I've had with Kurt's Marine in Brick NJ.
Last spring I found that my 496 was siezed due to in part not being winterized properly by another marina (not Kurts). I brought the engine to Kurts and delt with Drew-the new owner of Kurts, and Dan Crank.
During the rebuild, Dan and Drew explained all the options and benefits of different parts and combinations. Everytime I stopped in (unannounced) they took the time to show me the engine, explain where they were in the process of the build and answered all of my questions. When the engine was completed, they highly suggested to have it dyno'ed. I agreed, and was very happy with the results. I don't want to post the results due to this engine going in my raceboat.
The engine was completed on time and came in at the price estimated!
Too many times we read about difficulties with shops, my experience was great with Kurts!
Bob G
Old 11-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just curious...have you run the engine in your boat yet? Sometimes everything is great through the dyno run. Then all of the sudden, Boom. Happened to me once. (not at Kurts) That's why I ask.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He sealed my motors in factory 1 for me. I am a Merc dealer and he did a stand up job. My boat was left clean. I went out and won a world championship with the motor. Had it torn down after winning and it was in full complience. No fears with him.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:41 PM
PHIL
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Kurts is the BEST - hands down ! - Quality, Timely -