Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
My mom just passed away tonight >

My mom just passed away tonight

Notices

My mom just passed away tonight

Old 11-11-2010, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for your loss. Remember her Good times and she will always be with you. God Bless you and yours
Old 11-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Registered

Frank, sorry for your loss. She was one hell of a tough fighter all the way to the end. Now I know where you get that from. RIP Alice.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:38 PM
Registered

sorry for your loss....lost my mom a few years ago....always suck.....hang in there......
Old 11-11-2010, 10:52 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would like to thank all of my friends and fellow powerboaters here for all the warm thoughts and well wishes. Today was a tuff day as I had to look through all of our moms personal papers and belongings. Making all the funeral arrangements, picking out her clothes, looking through tons of paperwork to try and find all her insurance policies, Trying to find her book that has ALL of our relatives and friends contact #'s in. (Never found it yet) Along with the dozens of calls from friends wanting to know what happened.

The best we can figure, is that she went to sleep about 8:30 last night, within 15 minutes later she must've had a stroke or lung failure that took her life suddenly. She lived a full life to 88. The past few years after my dad died, she just was'nt happy without him anymore, and just gave up on everything, eating, they had to feed her with a spoon, she would'nt eat, would'nt take her 9 pills per day. She got to where she could'nt even move her legs and arms the last few days. She lost most of her blood circulation from not moving for 2 weeks. A few days before she passed, I picked up her legs to help her into the bed, and her legs felt like she had ice running through her veins. Felt like a cold piece of meat that just came out of the fridge. That was last friday, and after that I had a bad feeling that she was near the end of her journey on earth.

I know in my heart that she is in a much better place now with my dad. Don't feel any regret of anything I did for her cause we went way beyond what anyone in our situation probably would've done. The last few years were very difficult for her and our family. We spent the whole summer with her in and out of the hospitals and rehab centers from week to week. The same as we did over the last 2-3 years. Now, finally she can have the peace that she was looking for, and be pain free, able to move her arms and legs again, feed herself, and do all the things that she was'nt able to do for the last few years.

Again, thank you all, your kind words mean alot to me and my family at this difficult time in our life.

Frank & Lois
www.chicagopowerboat.com

Last edited by 10x; 11-11-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:15 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Unhappy

R,I,P she is in a better place now,our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:58 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 11-12-2010, 08:28 AM
coolrunning racing
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:35 AM
Registered

Sorry for your loss you two are in our prayers
Old 11-12-2010, 08:40 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for your loss.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by 10x
I would like to thank all of my friends and fellow powerboaters here for all the warm thoughts and well wishes. Today was a tuff day as I had to look through all of our moms personal papers and belongings. Making all the funeral arrangements, picking out her clothes, looking through tons of paperwork to try and find all her insurance policies, Trying to find her book that has ALL of our relatives and friends contact #'s in. (Never found it yet) Along with the dozens of calls from friends wanting to know what happened.

The best we can figure, is that she went to sleep about 8:30 last night, within 15 minutes later she must've had a stroke or lung failure that took her life suddenly. She lived a full life to 88. The past few years after my dad died, she just was'nt happy without him anymore, and just gave up on everything, eating, they had to feed her with a spoon, she would'nt eat, would'nt take her 9 pills per day. She got to where she could'nt even move her legs and arms the last few days. She lost most of her blood circulation from not moving for 2 weeks. A few days before she passed, I picked up her legs to help her into the bed, and her legs felt like she had ice running through her veins. Felt like a cold piece of meat that just came out of the fridge. That was last friday, and after that I had a bad feeling that she was near the end of her journey on earth.

I know in my heart that she is in a much better place now with my dad. Don't feel any regret of anything I did for her cause we went way beyond what anyone in our situation probably would've done. The last few years were very difficult for her and our family. We spent the whole summer with her in and out of the hospitals and rehab centers from week to week. The same as we did over the last 2-3 years. Now, finally she can have the peace that she was looking for, and be pain free, able to move her arms and legs again, feed herself, and do all the things that she was'nt able to do for the last few years.

Again, thank you all, your kind words mean alot to me and my family at this difficult time in our life.

Frank & Lois
Sounds just like my grandma in her last years. Grandpa had passed, she had a stroke, and pretty much lost all use of her entire right side. She spent her time watching television in her kitchen chair, all day. It was all she could really do. she was constantly in and out of the hospital, which was no easy task on mainly my dad, who took her everywhere she needed to go, as she could not really walk. Towards the end, she began telling us strange things. Her mind was going. she left the bedroom door closed which was next to her where she sat in the kitchen. she asked us to keep it closed, as there were people in there, bothering her. She repeatedly mentioned to me that she just wished God would take her already, and that she missed "papa". It killed us to see her like that. She passed at 87 years old.

I am very close with my parents, and have always been a mama's boy. Im 31, and my mom still calls me sometimes in the middle day to ask me if i ate lunch. I know that someday i will be in your shoes frank, and the thought frightens me. Sounds like you were a great son, and took care of mom. Stay strong, and take care of yourself now. Joe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.