Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OSO Scandal,  ALL MUST READ!!!! >

OSO Scandal, ALL MUST READ!!!!

Notices

OSO Scandal, ALL MUST READ!!!!

Old 05-14-2002, 08:03 AM
BDFREE

Originally posted by Goodfella
Let's see if AT Pat has the same cojones as PP Dan? If I were Pat right know I would get on my computer and start typing and eat alot of crow becaues of my SORRY ASS EMPLOYEE! Apologies go a very long way. Everybody res
pects a man that can say I fd up.

I COULD NOT AGREE MORE.

Old 05-14-2002, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pat from Active Thunder replied under the Thunderousdaze reply thread on the Active Thunder forum. Here is the link.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forum/sh...threadid=24267
Old 05-14-2002, 08:28 AM
BDFREE

THANK YOU FOR POINTING THAT THREAD OUT.

Old 05-14-2002, 01:55 PM
GOT MERC?

Cool

Hey ThunderDan!
That's LAME! He needs to post it on this thread!
Old 05-14-2002, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree its lame that he wont post in the general forum. Maybe its because he does not have all the facts yet. That would be his only excuse because I didnt buy Steve's or whatever his name is explanation.

HERE IS THE PROBLEM:
He is acting like he did nothing but offer his opinion when in fact he started a negitive post and then chimed in under different names to support his position. This is about as decietful as you can get. Its even more wrong because he is employed by AT and believes he will gain financially for the deception. This is low down dirty salesman tricks at their worst. Whats even more disturbing is that the owner of AT hasnt been more firm about him on this board. Heck the guy wont even post a response on the general forum. Every organization will have bad employees from time to time. Its the way the company deals with the problem thats really important. You would think the AT ownership would handle this differently.

Ron,

Fountain and Scarab owner with no affilation with anyone in the boat business.

Last edited by rjcardinal; 05-14-2002 at 03:18 PM.
Old 05-14-2002, 03:23 PM
Registered

Personally if I were buying a boat from AT, I would hope the owner of the company was WAY to busy building boats than to know the in's and out's of the OSO board.
All I am saying is perhaps he posted there because that is where Steve W. posted his reply, which I agree wasn't much of a reply. Very disappointing.
As stated above, I guess the only thing for "us" to do is to see how the owner of A/T handles all this. I wouldn't wish it on anybody. Not a good scene.

BTW: Again with the disclaimer. I am in NO way affiliated with either of the interested parties nor the OSO board (other than a member obviously), and in fact own an eliminator, so I have nothing to gain.
Old 05-14-2002, 05:09 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
VIP Member

I have been a long time customer of PowerPlay, since 1994, I am having a 38' built as we speak! Over the last year I've I have watched this thing unfold with all the screen names of Steve from ACTIVE THUNDER. Steve (using other screen names) has personlly attacked me for my choice in PP and my decision to continue building our new 38'. This has caused a great deal of friction with PowerPlay and myself because I have followed up on some of the allegations with Dan & John. All along I've stated that I would not "carry someone elses water", PP needs to defend themself. At the same time I also stated that I would not slam another boat manufacture or a customer choice of product and I am not about to start now! BUT,
This brings me to why I am responding to this sad situation. I have read both Steve's & ACTIVE THUNDER (Pat's) response! They both fall short of offering explanation let alone an apology! For Steve to say he has issues with PP is not enough, in posts with one of Steve alias (Supercharger) it was all attack with no facts, I asked at the time give facts. He did not, that is just one example. If you go back and read the treads in question Steve was having conversations with himself (using 3 or 4 different names) to SLANDER PowerPlay. This is MALICIOUS! I have heard great things about Pat and what a stand up guy he is! BUT, to post a responce on the ACTIVE THUNDER forum and not on this thread is disingenuous if not out right avioding the situation.
What Pat does with Steve is his problem, but to blame OSO for letting him back on the forum is unbelievable! Nothing short of 100% responsiblity for your actions (Steve) and 100% responsiblity for your employee's action (Pat) with no excuses is just for starters.
I personally have e-mails from ThunderousDaze (Steve) that are Malicious and Slanders to PowerPlay, I find them totally inappropriate. I'm a big boy, I can deal with that, BUT there has been real damage from this SLANDER. The men & women that work for PowerPlay have suffer through this. They have familys to take care of, food to put on their tables, kids in school and life in general. Their quality of life is tied to how well PP is doing, there has been posts from some that only know PP & AT from these threads and they stated they would not buy a PowerPlay due to this info. Nothing short of MALICIOUS! ACTIVE THUNDER (Pat) And ACTIVE THUNDER sales manger (Steve) owe everyone on OSO an apology on a new thread named "Apology from ACTIVE THUNDER" but most importantily written apologys to every empoyee at PowerPlay!!!

If Pat or Steve has issues with anything I've said I can be reached @ 812-2566624
Robbie

Last edited by DEFYN GRAVITY; 05-14-2002 at 05:18 PM.
Old 05-14-2002, 05:15 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

I think somebody is lucky that somebody doesn't drive over to sombodys place and start kicking somebodys ass.
Old 05-14-2002, 05:25 PM
Registered

Rereading Pat's post that I felt did not address the issues I have come to the conclusion that he probably does not know the depth of the situation. His employee has probably not owned up to everything he did. He probably told him he was supporting the product under a different name and left it at that. If Pat is busy it may be a while before he has time to search for all of the names Steve used and read all of the posts to get a better idea of what went wrong.

Ron
Old 05-14-2002, 06:10 PM
BDFREE

DEFY'N GRAVITY

HIT IT RIGHT ON THE HEAD.STEVE WAS F*** WITH PEOPLES
LIVELY HOOD.YOU JUST HOPE SOMEONE AT P/P DOSN'T TAKE
MATTERS INTO THIER OWN HANDS.AND PAY HIM A VISIT.
BOTH PARTIES INVOLVED NEED TO SETTLE THIS FAST. AND GET ON
WITH BUISNESS.I DONT KNOW IF A SIMPLE SORRY WILL DO?

Quick Reply: OSO Scandal, ALL MUST READ!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.