Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OSO Scandal,  ALL MUST READ!!!! >

OSO Scandal, ALL MUST READ!!!!

Notices

OSO Scandal, ALL MUST READ!!!!

Old 05-14-2002, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What an unfortunate situation. I have to say that after all that has happened, I will be thinking twice about considering either company's boats in the near future. And, I am in the market for a 32-38 footer very soon. What a shame it is when people have to resort to badmouthing competitors in order to achieve better standing in the marketplace. The bottom line is that these company's should let the product do the talking. Hopefully both companies can move forward in a positive direction and learn from this situation.
Old 05-14-2002, 08:53 PM
GOT MERC?

Cool

Hey HP-J,
Don't let this situation turn you away from the Powerplay name.
I to have dealings with Powerplay on a regular basis. I also live
in the melting pot of performance boating and deal with most of the boat builders on a parts dept basis. Trust me dealing with
Powerplay is very stress free. (from my point of view) Dealing with alot of other boat builders in our area is not. Lying is second nature, selling the same boat 1 2 or even 3 times is a regular accurance. Writing bad checks knowing there isn't a dime in the bank. I can go on and on. It's not only that it is a very beautiful well built product, The main reason why you should consider one is that you feel very very safe and secure in the 33 Sport Deck or 33 Center Console. I have many hours of ride time in both with many different people on the sticks.
Attached Thumbnails OSO Scandal,  ALL MUST READ!!!!-small-38-powerplay.jpg  
Old 05-14-2002, 11:47 PM
Registered

INTEGRITY\In*teg"ri*ty\, n. [L. integritas: cf. F.
int['e]grit['e].

1. Moral soundness; honesty; freedom from corrupting
influence or motive; -- used especially with reference to
the fulfillment of contracts, the discharge of agencies,
trusts, and the like; uprightness; rectitude.

Some people have it, some people don't.

Shane
Old 05-15-2002, 12:04 AM
Registered
Platinum Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HP-J,
I agree with the last couple of posts, both boat builders build great boats in the size range you are interested in. You would be selling your self short if you did not look at BOTH PowerPlay and Active Thunder.
But what this one individual has done is damaged BOTH companys and affected BOTH companys employees. There is no excuse for Steve's actions, this is SLANDER and done with MALICIOUS intent! Why am I MAD, because I'm a CUSTOMER and this has had an effect on my boat building experience. Anyone that thinks custom boats are built overnight is fooling themself, it is a long process to building a made to order custom boat!
One of the negative aspects of Offshore Only is exactly what happen in this sad affair, someone with an axe to grind hiding behind there screen name (NAMES) damaging someone else. HP-J your reaction to the above situation is the outcome, it is the desired consequence that Steve set out to accomplish. You take the economy after 9-11 and couple it with this and now you know why this is so serious. How many boat deals for PowerPlay have gone south due to this crap? I apology for using your name in this response but I used it to hightlight the very real damage that this cowardly action has caused, not just Powerplay, Active Thunder also. Active Thunder builds a great boat, look at the feedback that people have given them, but now you are not interested in an Active Thunder. That is the real loss in this whole bag of sh*t! Two great boats that a potential buyer wants nothing to do with!
The performance boat industry does not need b*llsh*t like this, I hope that you guys can police this crap so customers can feel better about the process. Again the stand up thing to do is a very public apology from Pat @ ACTIVE THUNDER and Steve the ACTIVE THUNDER SALE MANGER without excuses both on OSO and writen apologys to the employees at PowerPlay! The ball is in Active Thunders ballcourt

Robbie
Old 05-15-2002, 12:09 AM
Registered

What a sad situation..........I will not support AT due to this & will tell all of my boating associates in Canada of this thread ...too bad, Pat sent me an email, video, etc they had definately made the short list up until now! Apology definately required, and employee accountabilty required!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-15-2002, 08:07 AM
GOT MERC?

Cool

Hello Pat are you out there?
The soap box is vacant, I suggest you jump in and make it happen!
Old 05-15-2002, 09:03 AM
Registered

So was this happening when he was using the computers at Active Thunder?
If not, why is everyone grilling Pat for something that one of his employee's is doing on his own time? I mean come on. I am not saying it looks good for the company, but can all of you control your employee's? Are you responsible for what they do on their own time?
Ok now lets say he was doing this from Active Thunder, how many of you all work for a company (and surf OSO)? Does your company know you surf the net? Are they liable for what you are doing on the net while you are at work? See where I am going here?
Anyway, I think Steve is a big boy and can take the rap for himself on this one.

Just my .02 and I cant afford a boat from either company

Last edited by Red Stripe; 05-15-2002 at 09:32 AM.
Old 05-15-2002, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once again Pat has chosen to post his reply in the AT forum. He says its his last post on the subject. He doesnt even acknowledge the discussion on this forum. He even says he didnt see any slander or malious content in his employees posts. I wonder if he has read all of the posts. You would think he would reply in the main forum that gets more traffic instead on the AT forum. It seems he feels slighted by OSO.

Pat's Position

Ron
Old 05-15-2002, 09:40 AM
Jeff

NOW ALL THE Active Thunder cheer leaders need to take a hike!

Old 05-15-2002, 09:57 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Jeff
NOW ALL THE Active Thunder cheer leaders need to take a hike!
What??

Quick Reply: OSO Scandal, ALL MUST READ!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.