Notices

Huge Thanks to GLH

Old 11-16-2010, 08:48 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Huge Thanks to GLH

Key west was a great time as always, but this time extra special.

I'm in key west not more then 30 minutes walking to find friends and I run across GL and 10 minutes later I'm on his boat running 130 mph plus. I can say first hand GL knows his boat and the ride was fantastic. Solid, level, and fast.

Then on saturday run into him again and he makes room for myself and girlfirend.

All I can say is thank you and for anyone that dosen't know GL. I can say he lives life and is a class act.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

He's the kind of guy who will take the time to check out a boat for an OSO buddy and save him two days of travel time. Thanks again.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BraceYourself
Key west was a great time as always, but this time extra special.

I'm in key west not more then 30 minutes walking to find friends and I run across GL and 10 minutes later I'm on his boat running 130 mph plus. I can say first hand GL knows his boat and the ride was fantastic. Solid, level, and fast.

Then on saturday run into him again and he makes room for myself and girlfirend.

All I can say is thank you and for anyone that dosen't know GL. I can say he lives life and is a class act.
LOL, how many times did he have to "hug" you before ya got a boat ride
Old 11-16-2010, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

GL is a class act.

Great of him to share his boat.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brace,

Did we meet in the pits Saturday as that azzhat was telling y'all to leave? If so, nice meeting you, and GLH, wish it were under better circumstances so we could have hung and had a beer or 12, and wish I could have helped more, but couldnt get involved due to sponsor commitments.

Rick
Old 11-16-2010, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Airpacker
LOL, how many times did he have to "hug" you before ya got a boat ride
Depends if he was drinking!

But since he was boating and not drinking, probably about 5 times

GL is truly a great guy that will help anyone for the sport.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:31 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Brace,

Did we meet in the pits Saturday as that azzhat was telling y'all to leave? If so, nice meeting you, and GLH, wish it were under better circumstances so we could have hung and had a beer or 12, and wish I could have helped more, but couldnt get involved due to sponsor commitments.

Rick
Yep, no sweat on staying out of it. Really came from out of no where with those guys. Story was GL had a flat on the trailer. Went there to repair. Was told you have to pay in here and we both said ok who do we pay. Then two guys say out of here now. I said we have a flat and he says you came in on a flat you can leave on a flat. Then he persists to sit on his tractor as if he was going to push the boat out.

Very classless and I still don't know what pissed those guys off so much. Oh well. We just drove it to a hotel parking lot.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:40 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GL is my bro for the same reasons!

He's great in the clutch as well, especially when you get a cab driver that only speaks French!
Old 11-16-2010, 11:44 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Yep, one of the good guys, his hospitality to us when we visited for the milk run was outstanding.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BraceYourself
Yep, no sweat on staying out of it. Really came from out of no where with those guys. Story was GL had a flat on the trailer. Went there to repair. Was told you have to pay in here and we both said ok who do we pay. Then two guys say out of here now. I said we have a flat and he says you came in on a flat you can leave on a flat. Then he persists to sit on his tractor as if he was going to push the boat out.

Very classless and I still don't know what pissed those guys off so much. Oh well. We just drove it to a hotel parking lot.

The thing that makes me mad is the whole bunch of them think their chit dont stink, would have probably taken us a few minutes to round up a jack capable, and switch out the tire, heck we had engines in and out of the boats all day in there. Unfortunately had I got involved and they realized I was crewing on a boat, they woulda went crying to their boss(which is all you asked for in the first place was to talk to him), and next thing ya know they would be over in my pits taking that chit out on my sponsor. Their boss has let me keep my pleasure boat in the pits a few times while crewing for a team, but not in key west, its like the ground is holy or something Oh Well, next time y'all get to south Florida lets meet up.

Rick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.