Like Tree0Likes

Huge Thanks to GLH

Reply
Old 11-16-2010, 09:48 AM
  #1
VIP Member
VIP Member
Thread Starter
 
BraceYourself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Oh
Posts: 1,030
Default Huge Thanks to GLH

Key west was a great time as always, but this time extra special.

I'm in key west not more then 30 minutes walking to find friends and I run across GL and 10 minutes later I'm on his boat running 130 mph plus. I can say first hand GL knows his boat and the ride was fantastic. Solid, level, and fast.

Then on saturday run into him again and he makes room for myself and girlfirend.

All I can say is thank you and for anyone that dosen't know GL. I can say he lives life and is a class act.
BraceYourself is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:26 AM
  #2
VIP Member
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
Marginmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Indianapolis, Lake Cumberland
My Boats: 38 Donzi ZRC, 29 Advantage XFlight
Posts: 3,471
Default

He's the kind of guy who will take the time to check out a boat for an OSO buddy and save him two days of travel time. Thanks again.
__________________
The Beak be gone
Marginmn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:40 AM
  #3
Registered
 
Airpacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Aurora Ontario
My Boats: little cat...BIG MOTOR
Posts: 4,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraceYourself View Post
Key west was a great time as always, but this time extra special.

I'm in key west not more then 30 minutes walking to find friends and I run across GL and 10 minutes later I'm on his boat running 130 mph plus. I can say first hand GL knows his boat and the ride was fantastic. Solid, level, and fast.

Then on saturday run into him again and he makes room for myself and girlfirend.

All I can say is thank you and for anyone that dosen't know GL. I can say he lives life and is a class act.
LOL, how many times did he have to "hug" you before ya got a boat ride
Airpacker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:58 AM
  #4
Registered
 
Catastrophe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,936
Default

GL is a class act.

Great of him to share his boat.
Catastrophe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:59 AM
  #5
Registered
Trade Score: (1)
 
rchevelle71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Boca Raton
My Boats: 1982 Pantera 24sport
Posts: 7,392
Default

Brace,

Did we meet in the pits Saturday as that azzhat was telling y'all to leave? If so, nice meeting you, and GLH, wish it were under better circumstances so we could have hung and had a beer or 12, and wish I could have helped more, but couldnt get involved due to sponsor commitments.

Rick
rchevelle71 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:16 PM
  #6
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mahopac New York
My Boats: Sunsation/Outerlimits
Posts: 969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airpacker View Post
LOL, how many times did he have to "hug" you before ya got a boat ride
Depends if he was drinking!

But since he was boating and not drinking, probably about 5 times


GL is truly a great guy that will help anyone for the sport.
MahopacMarine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:31 PM
  #7
VIP Member
VIP Member
Thread Starter
 
BraceYourself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Oh
Posts: 1,030
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchevelle71 View Post
Brace,

Did we meet in the pits Saturday as that azzhat was telling y'all to leave? If so, nice meeting you, and GLH, wish it were under better circumstances so we could have hung and had a beer or 12, and wish I could have helped more, but couldnt get involved due to sponsor commitments.

Rick
Yep, no sweat on staying out of it. Really came from out of no where with those guys. Story was GL had a flat on the trailer. Went there to repair. Was told you have to pay in here and we both said ok who do we pay. Then two guys say out of here now. I said we have a flat and he says you came in on a flat you can leave on a flat. Then he persists to sit on his tractor as if he was going to push the boat out.

Very classless and I still don't know what pissed those guys off so much. Oh well. We just drove it to a hotel parking lot.
BraceYourself is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:40 PM
  #8
Charter Mod
Charter Member
 
BLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: E Dock
My Boats: Cigarette - "90MPH" Edition
Posts: 6,551
Default

GL is my bro for the same reasons!

He's great in the clutch as well, especially when you get a cab driver that only speaks French!
BLee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:44 PM
  #9
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
offshoredrillin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Maryland
My Boats: 00 Cig Tiger,74 Cig 20'
Posts: 10,942
Default

Yep, one of the good guys, his hospitality to us when we visited for the milk run was outstanding.
offshoredrillin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:50 PM
  #10
Registered
Trade Score: (1)
 
rchevelle71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Boca Raton
My Boats: 1982 Pantera 24sport
Posts: 7,392
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraceYourself View Post
Yep, no sweat on staying out of it. Really came from out of no where with those guys. Story was GL had a flat on the trailer. Went there to repair. Was told you have to pay in here and we both said ok who do we pay. Then two guys say out of here now. I said we have a flat and he says you came in on a flat you can leave on a flat. Then he persists to sit on his tractor as if he was going to push the boat out.

Very classless and I still don't know what pissed those guys off so much. Oh well. We just drove it to a hotel parking lot.

The thing that makes me mad is the whole bunch of them think their chit dont stink, would have probably taken us a few minutes to round up a jack capable, and switch out the tire, heck we had engines in and out of the boats all day in there. Unfortunately had I got involved and they realized I was crewing on a boat, they woulda went crying to their boss(which is all you asked for in the first place was to talk to him), and next thing ya know they would be over in my pits taking that chit out on my sponsor. Their boss has let me keep my pleasure boat in the pits a few times while crewing for a team, but not in key west, its like the ground is holy or something Oh Well, next time y'all get to south Florida lets meet up.

Rick
rchevelle71 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.