Like Tree0Likes

Gold digger

Reply
Old 11-19-2010, 03:50 PM
  #21
Registered
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lake Conroe, TX.
My Boats: 39' Sea Ray, 38' Nortech, 18' Taylor SJ
Posts: 14,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1 View Post
Those guys are really nice!!! They did a great job that week.
jeff1000man is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 03:56 PM
  #22
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: East Coast
My Boats: 1985 22' Velocity, 2003 38 Powerplay
Posts: 2,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastercraft240 View Post
When you're sitting on a million dollar highly depreciating asset, why not have the sale option? Says nothing about the performance aspect.
Wasnt implying anything about performance. Just wanted to show braceyourself mucho take it ease
cowisl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:37 PM
  #23
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ottawa
My Boats: powerquest 522 535/570
Posts: 505
Default

my way.......you mean the new twin turbine 1800hp 50'mystic myway, its going to be fun watching aquamania & myway tear up the 1000 islands, seems like bill didnt like the ol so he went with mystic...........
paintman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:43 PM
  #24
Registered
 
OL40SVX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bristol, RI
My Boats: Outerlimits
Posts: 7,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintman View Post
my way.......you mean the new twin turbine 1800hp 50'mystic myway, its going to be fun watching aquamania & myway tear up the 1000 islands, seems like bill didnt like the ol so he went with mystic...........
He wanted to go even faster than the OL went, which means a cut down 4 person canopy cat which is what the mystic is.
OL40SVX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:02 PM
  #25
Registered
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Boca Raton, FL
My Boats: None
Posts: 3,682
Default

Golddigger is at National Liquidators in Ft. Lauderdale sitting on its trailer with crime scene tape wrapped around it. Saw it just today.
Edward R. Cozzi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:05 PM
  #26
Registered
 
Whipple Charged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Fresno, CA, 93722, USA
My Boats: Engine, speed, powerboats, Outerlimits SV43 with Whipple 1375SCI's
Posts: 1,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintman View Post
my way.......you mean the new twin turbine 1800hp 50'mystic myway, its going to be fun watching aquamania & myway tear up the 1000 islands, seems like bill didnt like the ol so he went with mystic...........
He loved the OL, but went with a more race version, smaller canopy, 4 person boat. Truly 2 different boats. The OL MyWay runs just near 200mph and has so many times. The current owner, along with Larry raves about the boat. The OL is a blend of pleasuure/comfort and performance, the current Mystics have been mainly only performance, very little interior, very light layups, etc. Nothing wrong with them, but you guys make comparisons that aren't warranted. OL's got a couple of cats coming that will really suprise some people. I can assure you, between Michael Peters design and OL mfg'ing techniques are at the top of the class.

GD will be hitting the water again and it will perform well.
Whipple Charged is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:28 PM
  #27
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Frankfort,ill
My Boats: 40 SKATER
Posts: 12,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple Charged View Post
He loved the OL, but went with a more race version, smaller canopy, 4 person boat. Truly 2 different boats. The OL MyWay runs just near 200mph and has so many times. The current owner, along with Larry raves about the boat. The OL is a blend of pleasuure/comfort and performance, the current Mystics have been mainly only performance, very little interior, very light layups, etc. Nothing wrong with them, but you guys make comparisons that aren't warranted. OL's got a couple of cats coming that will really suprise some people. I can assure you, between Michael Peters design and OL mfg'ing techniques are at the top of the class.

GD will be hitting the water again and it will perform well.
Dustin dont have a dog in this fight but was Michael Peters involved in GD this OL 50 footer ???? i know you mention some belt issues but i have to say that if anyone can /could setup and make this boat (or any boat ) run it would of been 3
Olives & Red Bull out of Jax Fla, hell he got us dialed in and where we're at all over the phone and never spent seat time like he did in GD. good luck will make someone a great poker run boat ,too bad were not lookin for a project or she'd be in my shop.
RunninHotRacing163.1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:35 PM
  #28
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
offshoredrillin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Maryland
My Boats: 00 Cig Tiger,74 Cig 20'
Posts: 10,942
Default

Guess what amazes me is the people that think that 140-150 is slow...
offshoredrillin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:42 PM
  #29
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
lucky strike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pompano Beach, Florida
My Boats: Using LS JR. TG
Posts: 8,467
Default

The boat is still available as of now.
Anyone interested call my buddy Bobby Magee
He told me $260k buys it
__________________
www.mercedeshowroom.com
lucky strike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:17 PM
  #30
Registered
 
Whipple Charged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Fresno, CA, 93722, USA
My Boats: Engine, speed, powerboats, Outerlimits SV43 with Whipple 1375SCI's
Posts: 1,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158 View Post
Dustin dont have a dog in this fight but was Michael Peters involved in GD this OL 50 footer ???? i know you mention some belt issues but i have to say that if anyone can /could setup and make this boat (or any boat ) run it would of been 3
Olives & Red Bull out of Jax Fla, hell he got us dialed in and where we're at all over the phone and never spent seat time like he did in GD. good luck will make someone a great poker run boat ,too bad were not lookin for a project or she'd be in my shop.
Yes, Michael Peters designed the OL 48/50 Cat, its a later version of the Qatar boat, and tencara boat. Very similar to the Mystic. While the Mystic has a few changes, the overall bottom is very similar to the Tencara, Platinum, Victory and Mystic.

Is there some magical reason this boat doesn't work, but our 48' does? Or Justice's? No magic, it works. Ran 160 wtih 1200's at Lake Cumberland Poker Run and will run similar with the new owner. It was really only run a few times with motors that lived. The first few broke belts everytime it went WOT. Next motor lost oil line. Then it ran really well with 1200's, then some Sterling motors went in, and it ran well, I think 165 or so. Last time it was in the water.

The boat needs some work to be sea worthy again, but really not that much. Its a steal at the price its going for, with BPM's, trailer and 48 carbon boat.
Whipple Charged is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.