Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   VIDEO: Uncle Toys jamming up the river, Miss Amy and a helicopter.....and more!!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/24275-video-uncle-toys-jamming-up-river-miss-amy-helicopter-more.html)

PhantomChaos 05-13-2002 05:53 PM

VIDEO: Uncle Toys jamming up the river, Miss Amy and a helicopter.....and more!!!!!!

This is a HUGE video file (22Meg) with almost 9 minutes of video with Uncle Toys and I cruising up the Colorado River from Lake Havasu. This is taken late April after the AHBA Poker Run. Notice how the background changes from open lake, to river, to a gorge-like area. LutzParty, Miss Amy, KV, AudioFN and myself were on Universal Chaos. Use your imagination while listening with the chopper hovering.

It is best to RIGHT CLICK here, and "Save Target As" onto your comupter.

Enjoy!!!!! This is a WMV type file.

Changed to different server on 05-15-2002. If you want to view, please download and save to your computer. Repeated downloads by the same people will overload our server.

Havasu Hangin 05-13-2002 06:22 PM

Well Nort...

Very nice video...makes me want to get back there ASAP....

...however, a couple suggestions to help make our LOTO friends feel at home:

1. Photoshop some snow in the background.
2. More Bayliner shots.

and finally...

3. Polka music.

:D

Mack312 05-13-2002 06:26 PM

PhantomChaos,

THANK YOU!!!!!!:D

Have not been able to boat on the Ohio yet this year. River is way out of control. Boy did I need that video! The tunes were good too.

Again, THANKS!!!!

Joe

PS Would like to see more of your 38 and "the girls" :eek: :D

MissAmy 05-13-2002 06:41 PM

WoooHooooo!! That video came out AWESOME!!!!!!! :cool:

I WANNA GO BAAAAAAAACK!!! :mad:

:D :D :D

Audiofn 05-13-2002 07:00 PM

Nice job on the edit there Nort. I think that the shake is very similiar with the anti shake off as on and the video seems a little better. Unle toys I hope you like it :D:D

Jon

mfb357 05-13-2002 07:03 PM

Nort, I downloaded it . plays great, good choice of music!!Sign me up.

mfb357 05-13-2002 07:08 PM

ADD TO RULE BOOK.....NO F*%#N GLITTER ON THE BOATS!!!!
addendum to new rule:
UNLESS SHES A STRIPPER!

wwwTOPDJcom 05-13-2002 07:16 PM

Damn good, I feel sorry for the dial up users 22megs would be a long wait

MissAmy 05-13-2002 07:22 PM

Nort...yeah you did a good job with the music. Thank you for sharing. I'm re-living that weekend all over again.

UT....you are NEVER gonna get that smile off your face at this rate! :D

Audio...great job with the camera!

Semper Fi 05-13-2002 07:25 PM

Nort, nice job with the video, good music also

Uncle Toys, cool boat

LakeRacer 05-13-2002 07:32 PM

Uncle Toys

I saw you this past weekend at Havasu and was trying to catch you to say hello. I gave up when your boat became a pinpoint on the horizon. You need to slow that thing down :eek: :D

I'll be back in Havasu for Memorial Day.

Gassticks 05-13-2002 07:50 PM

Great job on the video. it looked real nice out there. send more . :D :D :D

Steve_H 05-13-2002 07:57 PM

WWWWOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!

talk about giving someone boating fever.
my temp just went way up.

Hauling Trash 05-13-2002 08:10 PM

that was cool, nice job.

mike

MrCIG 05-13-2002 09:06 PM

Awesome video now if it would only warm up and stop raining we could have fun too.

Great Job

rjcardinal 05-13-2002 09:07 PM

Awsome video!

Scope's server rocks! I downloaded the 22 meg file in less than 2 minutes at 155KB!

Ron

PhantomChaos 05-13-2002 09:18 PM

Was that an ICE BREAKER for you LOTO folks????

Thanks for the comments, but I enjoy it too! Thanks to AudioFN for operating the camera nearly the whole weekend. I wish we had taken more video that weekend Jon, but as you might remember, it's hard to even remember that weekend! There was NO WAY that I was going to let the LOTO ambassadors (LutzParty, Miss Amy and AudioFN) visit Havasu without running up the river to see the Topoc area. I think I’m gonna get SCOPE to buy me one of those SteadyCam things to see how they work while boating, plus add some remote microphones somewhere.

I think one of the funniest parts is when the chopper is coming around (second pass was on video) for a second look………and you can hear in the video…. “I did it, I did it”………LMAO. Miss Amy and Lutz……we have to party more in the near future.

PhantomChaos 05-13-2002 09:24 PM

Originally posted by rjcardinal
Awsome video!

Scope's server rocks! I downloaded the 22 meg file in less than 2 minutes at 155KB!

Ron

I would say so...........that is F A S T ! ! ! ! !

We have to thank JNJHost ( www.JNJhost.com ) for the IP service. A good friend of ours (Chris Johnson of SoCal Hot Boats) is the provider, and we've been very pleased!!!!!!!! He may be speaking to us SOON about bandwidth usage issues though! :D :D :D :D

Audiofn 05-13-2002 09:33 PM

My bandwidth is 11".........around :D:D:p ;)

PhantomChaos 05-13-2002 09:50 PM

Originally posted by Audiofn
My bandwidth is 11".........around :D:D:p ;)

Think about it....................

Hey Jon, SMAFB!

MissAmy 05-13-2002 09:51 PM

"I did it, I did it, I did it"......I waved to the chopper! ;)

:D :D :D

Yeah, Nort we definately need to party some more....AT LOTO!!! :p :D

Audiofn 05-13-2002 09:55 PM

Yup that is what I remember hearing........NOT ;) ;) :p :p

Playn 05-13-2002 09:58 PM

GREAT VIDEO!!! Thanks for sharing it:D :D :D

Steve_H 05-13-2002 10:02 PM

i forgot to ask this earlyer.

wheres all the bare boob shots.

ohhhhhh wait , im thinking of loto:D

PhantomChaos 05-13-2002 10:18 PM

Originally posted by lotoparty
i forgot to ask this earlyer.

wheres all the bare boob shots.

ohhhhhh wait , im thinking of loto:D

lotoparty....................in the personal archives. Now come on......SCOPE is a "family" club. Ask Lutz and Amy to copy the video they will be getting soon.

mxz800 05-13-2002 10:57 PM

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D AWSOME VIDEO!!!!!!

candyman35 05-14-2002 01:06 AM

Excellent video! I’d hate to have a dial up connection for this one.
I want to go boating. Maybe we'll get some good weather here by June. :(

Dan

Shane 05-14-2002 06:58 AM

AWESOME!

THAT WAS KICK ASS!:D :D :D :D :D :D

hp500efi 05-14-2002 07:31 AM

Nort, very nice. :)

I liked the choice of lowering the music volume to hear those motors :D

BTW, nice music selections

OldSchool 05-14-2002 07:34 AM

Nort, that is very cool:D :D :D :D

That's what boating should be all about!!

LutzParty 05-14-2002 08:29 AM

Yes Nort............Great Music selection and Great video I was looking at that and kept saying thats pretty good since it was being shot at 70 mph and above. :D :D Im telling you that ride up the canyon was awesome.

Milord 05-14-2002 08:50 AM

UT ... boat looked awesome!

Nort & Audio ... killer job on the video.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. It will make the rainy 60 degree weather here feel just a little bit better! :D

eliminator219 05-14-2002 09:28 AM

Video

Nort,
Thanks for reminding some of us less fortunate boaters what we can expect when it quits raining and warms up..
come-on Summer!!
Great shots and sounds,
eliminator219 :p :p

jrocket 05-14-2002 09:48 AM

Killer video!!! Great Job Ya'll "Puddle of Mud" Great Choice to on the tunes!! I likes the way you smack my ass! :D :D :D :D

CV-23 05-14-2002 10:15 AM

I think Nort is trying to get me to move to AZ.....I've been there a few times and its alot better than PA. Our river is running almost at flood stage thanks to all the rain. Great Video!...Mike.

Uncle Toys 05-14-2002 11:56 AM

Ahh Nort, your video makes me miss my boys. They are way up in Fresno and they have never been away from home this long.:( Miss Amy, the smile just keeps coming back. Amazing stability there Audiofn, good job. But I don’t remember you looking that stable back at the docks:D

I don’t have speakers on the computer at work, so I had my wife download it at home. It took about 45 minutes on the dial up and by then I fell asleep on the couch. Damn, still haven’t heard the music.:mad:

LakeRacer - Sorry dude, but Philip and Advantage Rob said I need to keep the speed up so I smooth out the ride by staying on top. At least that's the story I tell my wife (and I'm sticking to it!):D :D See you Memorial Day weekend in the channel - wouldn't miss it!

Miss Amy, we need to talk seriously. You made us all promise not to talk about the helicopter and I have been busting a stitch every since. GEEZE! Oh well, as someone said yesterday, just a case of “good friends enjoying a good case of the sillies.”

PhantomChaos 05-14-2002 12:20 PM

Originally posted by Troutly
I got a chuckle out of the part where U T is off to starboard of Norty. You can see they are slowly gaining on another boat judging by how a wake is appearing in between them. You then get a short pick of a wake increasing and some spray, and that boat is GONE :eek: . Musta put the throttles to the wall and took off :) .

Got any more video of the upper river area in the canyon? I want to see SCENERY, not DIRT
:p

Troutly-

I think that was a smaller Eliminator or HTM with some serious power in it. He was hanging back, then, as you said........."put the hammer down".

As far as more scenic canyon video.........no, but I still have about 350 more photos that were sent to me, about 10-20 of them from the Topoc area and Amy's "the Helicopter" incident.

PhantomChaos 05-14-2002 12:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)

PhantomChaos 05-14-2002 12:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)

PhantomChaos 05-14-2002 12:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)