Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Spy Pics---Check out the new 39 Kryptonite! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/24290-spy-pics-check-out-new-39-kryptonite.html)

Sean 05-13-2002 07:59 PM

Spy Pics---Check out the new 39 Kryptonite!

1 Attachment(s)
I snuck in the factory this weekend and snapped some photos while Kirk was out testing one of the 29 Sport models and guess what I found??!!!

This bad boy has some trick steps and a very trick looking deck...the first boat out of the mold is staggered with HP500EFI motors with the new Mercury ITS dirve packages...here is a sneak peek! More pics to follow! We will have the website updated soon as well... http://www.kryptoniteboats.com

Sean 05-13-2002 08:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh yeah...there's a notch in the transom also!

Sean 05-13-2002 08:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Stringers in the engine compartment...look beefy enuff???

Sean 05-13-2002 08:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Check out the deck...ready for some F-16 canopies...

Hauling Trash 05-13-2002 08:13 PM

The next one is going to Typhoon marine in jersey.

It looks great:)

Sean 05-13-2002 08:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Did I mention that there were some really trick steps in this bad boy???

JackL 05-13-2002 08:59 PM

The new king

Better looking then an Outerlimit stronger then a Cigarette and made on Long Island. I would like to get into this company now because it is going to be big!

Indy 05-13-2002 09:04 PM

Sweet boat Sean...Make sure you "sneak" in again for some more pics as it comes along.

nebulous 05-13-2002 09:33 PM

Even "SUPERMAN" would like that:D :D

SunseekerNY 05-13-2002 11:28 PM

Dear Kirk:

Beautiful job on the new rig! I am very proud of what you have accomplished with the company. LI is a rough place to start up a high performance powerboat company. Keep up the great work.

Call Peter at Skater for the best price on canopies. He is having them custom made now because he orders so many.

Please tell Charlie and Dalsha I send my best (I hope your mom is feeling wonderful, and I hope to see them around this summer), and tell your sister to register with classmates.com already! Looks and brains definitely run in your family.

My best regards,
Jennifer

Hot Duck 05-13-2002 11:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys. This boat belongs to my throttleman. He sold his F1 27' Kryptonite (named "Wanted") to build this boat. At the same time, I sold my pleasure boat to build us a new canopied F2 boat for this year, so this Kryptonite is going to be our joy riding boat. I'll post more pictures as they become available. I was not going to be the first to post pics of it, but I guess that it is OK now that there are already a few posted!

Lynch Mob (F2-3)

Hot Duck 05-13-2002 11:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:)

Hot Duck 05-14-2002 12:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:cool:

Hot Duck 05-14-2002 12:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:eek:

Hot Duck 05-14-2002 12:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:D

SunseekerNY 05-14-2002 01:03 AM

Hot Duck:

I stayed in your hotel last year at the race. It sure has some history! You upgraded us for free and gave us the nicest room in the place, one of the newly renovated ones. Thank you. I believe the team is staying there again. I'll try to make it down by boat. How far is OC from Annapolis by boat?

Good luck with the new ride!

Jennifer

Sean 05-14-2002 10:10 AM

TTT:D

WaterMoose 05-14-2002 10:23 AM

SWEEEET! Interesting step design, great looking boat!

WM

Dean Ferry 05-14-2002 10:26 AM

H2OMoose,
I just read your sound bite at the bottom of your post!:D
MD

BODYSHOT1 05-14-2002 10:35 AM

Very Sharp!..Good Luck with it guys...:cool:

eyezlee 05-14-2002 10:48 AM

Looks great, keep us up to date with photos as it nears completion.

WaterMoose 05-14-2002 12:12 PM

Ok, one question...the steps are wayyy different than anything I have seen or driven. What's the thought behind the staggered smaller steps???

Enlighten the Moose!

WM

Cord 05-14-2002 01:11 PM

I find it interesting how the second lifting strake continues across to become the notched transom. Very clean detail.

BODYSHOT1 05-14-2002 01:24 PM

T2x

..wonder what he'll have to say about this design?? :eek: ;)

Don99 05-14-2002 05:05 PM

Man O' Man thats some crazy looking bottom did anyone check to see if it floats .Who's design is that? Good luck.

Hot Duck 05-14-2002 05:55 PM

The hull floated until the transom was cut out for the drives. Something about big holes...they make the boat sink. :D

SunseekerNY - Hey, thanks for the compliments on the hotel. We do our best to keep people happy. I believe that the races scheduled in OC for June have been moved to Septmeber. I don't think that it is set in stone, but that was the last I had heard. As far as running here from the Annapolis area, you may want to ask some others on this board that have done some distance trips in the area. Post a message and I am sure that there are people here that can tell you all of the details as I am not very familiar with the waters North and West of here. Now as far as the local coastal bays go, I can give you all of the details that you would like! :D

Hot Duck

BODYSHOT1 05-14-2002 11:07 PM

OC moved to Sept

..Hot Duck,

any more info on the race being moved to Sept??

Sean 08-15-2002 08:57 AM

As previously mentioned, the 39 Kryptonite will be making it's debut VERY soon...:D :D

I saw the boat last week and Kirk was finishing up the throttles and getting ready to throw some props on her...

Word from the factory is the boat ran 90mph right out fo the box with a set of stock 32" props!

I'm supposed to get pics later today, so I'll post 'em for ya'll

ssherman 08-15-2002 11:49 AM

just keeping it near the top

rjcardinal 08-15-2002 11:55 AM

Cord,

I like the strake, notched transom detail also. By the way thats exactly how Fountain does it. My 27 is exactly the same. Seems to work well for Fountain. This is going to be a hell of a boat!

Ron

wannabe 08-15-2002 01:04 PM

Test Results?

The pics look really good, can't wait to see pics of it running. I love the profile ofthe boat EXCEPT the stern deck extension. If I were buying one I would want the straight chopped off stern- I am a traditionalist.

Keep us posted Sean.

Wannabe in Motor City

dkwestern 08-15-2002 01:26 PM

I like the looks of the steps. I think the smaller non-ventilated steps are there to keep as much of the air trapped under the bottom as possible. great profile.

T2x 08-16-2002 12:25 AM

There was a post on here wondering what I thought.

What do you think?

Doodads, thinga ma humps, front of the boat has compound curves, aft section looks like it was designed with a ruler....by a different person.........................................

All in all another attempt to be "different".........

Bet it would run a LOT better if you carried the original bow design all the way to the rear.........

But what do I know...I'm obsolete

:p

T2x

jb 08-16-2002 01:02 AM

tx2 and scarabs...obsolete. its a sad day. Chin up son!

Bottom looks real busy, no really, real busy.
Trying to accomplish to much in my eyes.
I love the smaller ones, I am sure I will love this one as well.
Good luck with testing!!!

ViciousOne 08-16-2002 01:31 AM

Sweet looking hull!!!!!!! She sure has some rocker in her if she run's she sure will run nose hi!!!!!!!

Miami 08-16-2002 08:29 AM

Good, bad or mediocre - it's great to see people pushing the envelope. New R&D will help us all. Good Luck with the hull.

Jennifer - ride from OC to Annapolis is long. Assuming a cruise speed of 45 to 50 mph, a stop half way for fuel, food and combing ones hair - it is approximately 4 hours. Annapolis, however, is a great boating area.

T2X - you should not hold your punches. You need to be more direct and really tell us how you feel ( we luv ya man ).

Hot Duck - which hotel in OC is yours. Let us know so we can send you client's.

rockstrmkr 08-16-2002 11:36 AM

hhhmmmmm....

1 Attachment(s)
Am I not seeing things the right way, or is this a carbon copy of the Nor-Tech ??
Just wonderin'

rockstrmkr 08-16-2002 11:38 AM

one more

1 Attachment(s)
is it me ?

rockstrmkr 08-16-2002 11:41 AM

another Nor-tech

1 Attachment(s)
Are my eyes playing tricks on me ?

Hot Duck 08-17-2002 10:27 PM

Miami - Commander Hotel www.commanderhotel.com

Hey guys. The Lynch Mob Cigarette is awaiting parts to repair a broken drive, so we raced the new 39' Kryptonite in place of the Cigarette in Point Pleasant this past Friday. The boat is owned by my throttleman, Bill Purnell, and it was driven by Mark Henderson. The boat ran extremely well and was very impressive. It traded blows with the Rio Roses Fountain for second place until the left engine encountered some problems and forced the boat out of the race in lap 5 of 9. I cannot say enough about the boat. I personally was not sold on the bottom design until I saw the boat run. Granted, the water was on the rough side, but the box stock Kryptonite pleasure boat was hanging with one of Fountain's hot rods! I was impressed. I will post pictures after I get them developed tomorrow.