Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Reggie Resigns (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/243855-reggie-resigns.html)

Jason Johnson 12-10-2010 02:13 PM

Reggie Resigns

It's official Reggie Fountain has resigned from Fountain Powerboats:

http://www.powerboatmag.com/reggie-f...direction.html

cigracing1 12-10-2010 02:52 PM

http://www.tradeonlytoday.com/home/5...resigns-as-ceo

Steve 1 12-10-2010 02:52 PM

The Man built the place and always tried to stay on top of the game.

DENNYB 12-10-2010 02:58 PM

fountain resigns

Wish you well. Reggie you did alot for performance boating.

thirdchildhood 12-10-2010 03:12 PM

Best wishes on your new endeavor Reggie Fountain, and thanks for all you've done for the industry up until now.

Rik 12-10-2010 03:20 PM

http://www.boating-industry.com/outp...m_medium=email

chattviper 12-10-2010 03:28 PM

A shame. Met him last year at factory. Super nice guy and hope he does well in the future.

Joe Todesca 12-10-2010 03:53 PM

Good Luck Mr. Fountain. Jo

SHARKEY-IMAGES 12-10-2010 04:03 PM

Best of luck Reggie.

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/im...46176742-4.jpg

Matt Trulio 12-10-2010 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by DENNYB (Post 3271528)
Wish you well. Reggie you did alot for performance boating.

I'm with Denny.

MiniHawk 12-10-2010 04:12 PM

What's going to happen to the company now?

stainless 12-10-2010 04:38 PM

Best of luck Reggie, Im sure you've got something your working on!

thirdchildhood 12-10-2010 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by MiniHawk (Post 3271583)

They will continue on without Reggie. Don Aronow started many boat companies that are still in business today. I'd like to see Reggie build a new premium boat.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 12-10-2010 04:44 PM

Perhaps he and Mike Fiore can work together on the next big project for the industry ??? :drink:

DollaBill 12-10-2010 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES (Post 3271610)
Perhaps he and Mike Fiore can work together on the next big project for the industry ??? :drink:

I don't think Reggie needs anything from Mike LOL. This is very exciting news. I've emailed him to say congrats on the future and what it could hold and I will def be a part of any new building he does if the opportunites are there.

I know of a great boat building facility in Washington NC that will be available soon.

DollaBill 12-10-2010 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by MiniHawk (Post 3271583)

Liberty will be gone by Feb. I could be wrong but thats my bet and it's here in print

wrinkleface 12-10-2010 04:53 PM

I wish him the best!! I have talked 2 him a few times over the years, always enjoyed his enthusiasm 4 the sport!!:coolcowboy:

dreamer 12-10-2010 04:57 PM

The performance boat business is changing fast and there are certain basic elements that must be in place to succeed.”

Earlier this year, Fountain Powerboats emerged from bankruptcy thanks to the financial backing of Liberty Associates.

so the guy that spent it into the gound .... critisizing the ones who rescue it

OL40SVX 12-10-2010 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES (Post 3271610)

Ehhh I dont think that would ever happen!!:D:D Good luck to Reggie and his future endeavors!!

SHARKEY-IMAGES 12-10-2010 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by DollaBill (Post 3271617)
Liberty will be gone by Feb. I could be wrong but that's my bet and it's here in print

If my crystal ball is correct, they will sell and most likely to a company that has been on a fast pace of growing over the last year or so.... ;)

fountain1fan 12-10-2010 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by DollaBill (Post 3271617)
Liberty will be gone by Feb. I could be wrong but thats my bet and it's here in print

i'm with u on this bill now it will get run in the ground . bean counters destory every thing they touch . bombs away . wishing u the best reggie . u wil overcome .robbie

DollaBill 12-10-2010 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES (Post 3271631)
If my crystal ball is correct, they will sell and most likely to a company that has been on a fast pace of growing over the last year or so.... ;)

Could be. Either way they are done Tim.

budd 12-10-2010 05:23 PM

Can't wait to see what he does, modern Don aronow!

thirdchildhood 12-10-2010 05:39 PM

So we may be on the verge of losing Fountain, Donzi & Baja??:eek:

RaggedEdge 12-10-2010 05:42 PM

Wow! What a focking shame! Spend your life doing something you loved, put your heart and soul into, and were actualy pretty damned good at, only to find yourself in a position where your only choice is to walk away.

Save the comments, he made mistakes, he was a little over the top at times. But this industry, the sport we all love so much, might not have advanced to the level it is at today without the drive and passion he had for so many years. I have owned a lot of performance boats in my life and the Fountains have been the best of the batch, if nothing else the man knows his chit. So, if Fountain is done maybe I'll just keep this one and y'all can just dig a big ole hole and bury my azz in it.

Love hin or hate him, when it comes to performance boating as we know it, he is the man!

Back4More 12-10-2010 05:46 PM

Wow! Talk about a fresh canvas. Maybe go into cats?
The Fountain company will not work without Reggie.
Would be cool if he setup a shop that repowers and dials in Fountains.

endeavor1 12-10-2010 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by stainless (Post 3271605)
Best of luck Reggie, Im sure you've got something your working on!

+ 1 :drink:

Brad 12-10-2010 05:53 PM

Billion dollars in boats! I wonder how many they did produce under his watch!

scarabman 12-10-2010 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES (Post 3271631)

Frisini??????????

SHARKEY-IMAGES 12-10-2010 06:03 PM

I am not certain, but that would be my guess with all of the other companies they have been acquiring lately ....

thirdchildhood 12-10-2010 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Back4More (Post 3271672)
The Fountain company will not work without Reggie.

Well, Cigarette, Formula & Donzi have managed without Don Aronow.

Jupiter Sunsation 12-10-2010 06:14 PM

Reggie should hook up with Neil Hernandez.......Reggie can make the boat fast, Neil can bling it out and rig it right! :D

AB From Windsor 12-10-2010 06:21 PM

Reggie fountain!

A lot can and is said about him. Love him or hate him he has been a huge influence to the sport of Offshore Powerboat Racing and Performance boating. I just loved to read about him or see him on TV or racing. There are not many who can match what he has accomplished over the decades. I wish Reggie Fountain nothing but the best and want to thank you for everything you have done for the performance boating industry and racing. Reggie you really deserves to take it easy now and enjoy life or whatever you may want to do but I don't think we have heard the last from Reggie Fountain. Racer, Boat Builder and Salesman, extraordinaire.

Kelly O 12-10-2010 06:23 PM

As Reggie goes, so does Fountain.

More than just his name was attached to that company. It was a passion and desire few could possess as it applies to performance boating. Business philosophy could not dampen his competitive spirit, so Reggie risked it all to continue racing and winning.
Poor business move for sure, especially with the market's downturn; but it ultimately proved the factory was a means to support the desire to race and compete.

His resignation signifies that he has yet to be defeated.

It is a move showing he is once again ready to compete.

Catmando 12-10-2010 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 3271697)
Reggie should hook up with Neil Hernandez.......Reggie can make the boat fast, Neil can bling it out and rig it right! :D

This. Would be a great pairing as long as they got along together...

mattyboy 12-10-2010 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood (Post 3271693)
Well, Cigarette, Formula & Donzi have managed without Don Aronow.

That's some what true . all of Don's startup that weren't named after him continued, the ones directly connected to his name didn't.

for the sake of all the employees I hope the new company is successful.

also remember the companies Don Left really took on their own identities formula, donzi,magnum were not the same companies after Don left. Cigarette really stayed the same.

I guess my point is in 67 if you wanted the biggest, fastest, out there you went to where Don was not formula or donzi at the time but to magnum where he was.

I feel fountain without reggie isn't fountain. plus also remember Don took his people with him when he went .

If I were liberty I would be worried who else is going to resign

Good luck Reggie wish you well :)

Expensive Date 12-10-2010 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Kelly O (Post 3271700)
As Reggie goes, so does Fountain.

More than just his name was attached to that company. It was a passion and desire few could possess as it applies to performance boating. Business philosophy could not dampen his competitive spirit, so Reggie risked it all to continue racing and winning.
Poor business move for sure, especially with the market's downturn; but it ultimately proved the factory was a means to support the desire to race and compete.

His resignation signifies that he has yet to be defeated.

It is a move showing he is once again ready to compete.

Very well put,This ain't over....trust me.

AO31 12-10-2010 06:59 PM

This is not an obituary, more like a second Birth Certificate!

smokin' joe 12-10-2010 07:07 PM

:sport009: Glad I have my personally signed copy of Fountain's 25th anniversary pictorial history. I wonder if Reggie minds that boats which bear his name will be built without his involvement. Anyway, he is an entertaining personality that just like Elvis, has left the building...