Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anyone Else Find T2x Bitter,,,,, (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/244105-anyone-else-find-t2x-bitter.html)

monstaaa 12-15-2010 04:28 PM

Anyone Else Find T2x Bitter,,,,,

just curios. dont know the guy but sure seems to hate on a guy who helped to bring this industry to the mecha it has become. for guys like me who feed their families while doing what they love to do....i just dont get it...ohhh,,, and merry christmas T2 and happy new year.

glassdave 12-15-2010 04:43 PM

i do to . . . . but i respect it, honestly.

Pete B 12-15-2010 04:46 PM

No Just opinionated, and has the knowledge and background that backs up what he says. us mere mortals that have opinions and share them get shot down in flames if it isnt what the majority think.!

Back4More 12-15-2010 04:49 PM

Beak envy big time.

DaveP 12-15-2010 05:24 PM

Not bitter just no tolerence for B.S. or non-sense.

Comanche3Six 12-15-2010 05:33 PM

No, T2x is fine.......he's from Jersey! LOL!

DollaBill 12-15-2010 05:43 PM

bitter guy who seems to hate everyone and know everything. I'd love to know more about him. Other than announcing races and restoring a wing....

cosmic12 12-15-2010 05:47 PM

No......
Calls it as he see's it and I for one have alot more respect for him than the guy everyone seems to be all upset about.

monstaaa 12-15-2010 05:47 PM

seems bitter and willing to bash on reggie at any turn. just sayin. i have no tolerance for b.s or liars or nonsense for that matter, yet i donot heckle or bash an individual whom is not even in the presence of my realm.
i might find it easier to except his vast knowledge if it werent hindered my such as hes stated low brow or ignorant comments.

monstaaa 12-15-2010 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by DollaBill (Post 3275476)
bitter guy who seems to hate everyone and know everything. I'd love to know more about him. Other than announcing races and restoring a wing....

+1

sy goldberg 12-15-2010 05:48 PM

My Kind Of Guy !

I've never met Rich,but I hope to do so someday.I was just like him when I was young and I've gotten much worse as I've aged and fine :evilb::evilb::evilb: tuned my outbursts of tact and diplomacy.

monstaaa 12-15-2010 05:49 PM

wing

DollaBill 12-15-2010 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by monstaaa (Post 3275481)
+1

Seriously. Where in the marine industry has he been? And I'm not saying it insulting so don't go in that direction. I'd like to know. Building, selling, racing, etc etc

monstaaa 12-15-2010 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by cosmic12 (Post 3275479)
No......
Calls it as he see's it and I for one have alot more respect for him than the guy everyone seems to be all upset about.

i try to call it as i see it too, with out being such a hatefull individual.. plus reg is a friend of mine and i dont really care for people bashing my friends, but more importantly why be so brash if you have done and accomplished so much.

DollaBill 12-15-2010 05:54 PM

Cosmic..

Why? Please explain

monstaaa 12-15-2010 06:02 PM

Bitter?

I don't think I'm bitter.....

kinda sounds it to me....

monstaaa 12-15-2010 06:03 PM

come on wheres ma boy Matt,,,,

Kelly O 12-15-2010 06:11 PM

Seems like an old salt that could headline the 'grumpy old' oso section if there was one.

Seems his allergies have gotten much worse as of late.:lolhit:

DollaBill 12-15-2010 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Kelly O (Post 3275498)
Seems like an old salt that could headline the 'grumpy old' oso section if there was one.

Seems his allergies have gotten much worse as of late.:lolhit:

Thats what I'm curious about. "Old Salt". Needs some explanation. And not on the subject of riding in a helicopter chasing race boats or the resto project on the 50 year old prototype thing

Coolerman 12-15-2010 06:18 PM

lmao, nice avatar dolla! :drink:

apache727 12-15-2010 06:19 PM

His posts tend to be brutally honest and I have to agree with him at least 95% of the time. I have always thought his posts were the most entertaining on OSO or S&F...

Padraig 12-15-2010 06:21 PM

Never found him bitter. Opinionated, knowledgeable, a talented writer, yes.

monstaaa 12-15-2010 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by apache727 (Post 3275505)
His posts tend to be brutally honest and I have to agree with him at least 95% of the time.

he may be right and honest but if and i say IF, he is so honest, knowledgeable and truthful why browbeat....

monstaaa 12-15-2010 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by DollaBill (Post 3275501)
Thats what I'm curious about. "Old Salt". Needs some explanation. And not on the subject of riding in a helicopter chasing race boats or the resto project on the 50 year old prototype thing

funny,,,,

TeamSaris 12-15-2010 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by DollaBill (Post 3275485)
Seriously. Where in the marine industry has he been? And I'm not saying it insulting so don't go in that direction. I'd like to know. Building, selling, racing, etc etc

He built and raced Challengers and Shadows.

I agree, before I met Rich I didnt agree with him on every level...but...
I had the chance to spend some time with him and his wife this summer. Rich is one of the nicest guys youll meet. He is full of knowledge, can run a boat damn well, and was extremely nice and thankful to everyone he met.
And the wing is a work of art, that will out accelorate just about ANY boat on this board. Garunteed.

wot 12-15-2010 06:36 PM

This thread should be moved to the stupid sh!t people should keep to themselves section of OSO.

monstaaa 12-15-2010 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by wot (Post 3275522)
This thread should be moved to the stupid sh!t people should keep to themselves section of OSO.

why because someone else has an opinion? a valid one.
i may be alot of things , but stupid is not one. i will repeat, why bash if so secure in his attributes and accomplishments. especially on reggie.
he could be a little nicer. more uplifting. you know u catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

monstaaa 12-15-2010 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by fast fun 2 (Post 3275512)
He built and raced Challengers and Shadows.

I agree, before I met Rich I didnt agree with him on every level...but...
I had the chance to spend some time with him and his wife this summer. Rich is one of the nicest guys youll meet. He is full of knowledge, can run a boat damn well, and was extremely nice and thankful to everyone he met.
And the wing is a work of art, that will out accelorate just about ANY boat on this board. Garunteed.

as in the lil 21's with o/b's?
and im not saying hes not a nice man nor an educated man.

US1 Fountain 12-15-2010 06:47 PM

He's just jealous, that's all.
Everyone knows Reggie. Who is T2x?

I do enjoy reading his post when he uses big words. :D

Matt Trulio 12-15-2010 06:49 PM

I used the word "bitter" in describing my friend T2X in another thread. It probably was not the best word choice, though I have found him consistently negative/critical/strident on anything regarding Fountain. (And don't even get the man started on West Coast catamarans, or pretty much any contemporary catamaran other than a Skater ... sorry, Rich, I couldn't resist.)

Padraig is dead right on all counts. T2X is all that ... and more.

However, the amount of coverage this story has been given and the response to it (like T2X, everyone else on this board is entitled to an opinion) has been entirely appropriate given the man involved. Whatever the reason, Mr. Fountain has been one of the biggest names in the high-performance boat business for the past 20 years. His departure, regardless of anyone's opinion of him, is big news

Since the rumors of Fountain's departure began circulating two weeks ago, I have written four stories on the subject. They are:

• Commentary: Fountain Became the Game
• Industry Reaction to Reggie Fountain’s Departure
• Fountain Moving Forward
• Reggie Fountain: Still at Fountain

Nothing inaccurate was contained in those stories. And I think the commentary might have surprised a few folks. It was not all sunshine. Far from it.

If Peter Hledin left Skater or Fred Kiekhaefer left Mercury Racing, I would provide the same level of coverage.

I will continue to write about the goings-on at Fountain Powerboats. As for Mr. Fountain himself, I'll write about him in my blog again if or when he reenters the market. If he starts a boat company, I'll provide continued coverage of its development. If starts, let's say, a clothing company, I might—and I mean might—mention it. One is news worthy. The other rates a mention on a slow news day.

wot 12-15-2010 06:49 PM

..ill explain why in a few minutes when I finish my sushi and get off this droid...:)

TeamSaris 12-15-2010 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by monstaaa (Post 3275528)
as in the lil 21's with o/b's?
and im not saying hes not a nice man nor an educated man.

You say lil like its a silly little game....running a 21 foot boat offshore with twin 2.4s against boats much much bigger...and winning...is no game. Yes the 21s from Long Island and NJ

DollaBill 12-15-2010 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio (Post 3275532)
I used the word "bitter" in describing my friend T2X in another thread. It probably was not the best word choice, though I have found him consistently negative/critical/strident on anything regarding Fountain. (And don't even get the man started on West Coast catamarans, or pretty much any contemporary catamaran other than a Skater ... sorry, Rich, I couldn't resist.)

Padraig is dead right on all counts. T2X is all that ... and more.

However, the amount of coverage this story has been given and the response to it (like T2X, everyone else on this board is entitled to an opinion) has been entirely appropriate given the man involved. Whatever the reason, Mr. Fountain has been one of the biggest names in the high-performance boat business for the past 20 years. His departure, regardless of anyone's opinion of him, is big news

Since the rumors of Fountain's departure began circulating two weeks ago, I have written four stories on the subject. They are:

• Commentary: Fountain Became the Game
• Industry Reaction to Reggie Fountain’s Departure
• Fountain Moving Forward
• Reggie Fountain: Still at Fountain

Nothing inaccurate was contained in those stories. And I think the commentary might have surprised a few folks. It was not all sunshine. Far from it.

If Peter Hledin left Skater or Fred Kiekhaefer left Mercury Racing, I would provide the same level of coverage.

I will continue to write about the goings-on at Fountain Powerboats. As for Mr. Fountain himself, I'll write about him in my blog again if or when he reenters the market. If he starts a boat company, I'll provide continued coverage of its development. If starts, let's say, a clothing company, I might—and I mean might—mention it. One is news worthy. The other rates a mention on a slow news day.

Matt, you are correct. But this last post of yours has nothing to do with why this thread was started. And, the reality is this has been coming for a looooooooooooooooooooong time regarding Rich.

As for Shadows, my firend just bought and totally restored an early 80's (I believe) 21'. Nice looking and fun but. Now if the speed/design problems can be worked out he'll be happy.

TeamSaris 12-15-2010 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by DollaBill (Post 3275553)
Matt, you are correct. But this last post of yours has nothing to do with why this thread was started. And, the reality is this has been coming for a looooooooooooooooooooong time regarding Rich.

As for Shadows, my firend just bought and totally restored an early 80's (I believe) 21'. Nice looking and fun but. Now if the speed/design problems can be worked out he'll be happy.

Desing problems? My Challenger is the same bottom...no issues here. And as far as I know...your buddies boat seems to be the first boat with a "problem" of one of the most copied desgins ever.

DollaBill 12-15-2010 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by fast fun 2 (Post 3275556)
Desing problems? My Challenger is the same bottom...no issues here. And as far as I know...your buddies boat seems to be the first boat with a "problem" of one of the most copied desgins ever.

I'll retract that for now. No need to distract from the thread. Didnt mean to hijack. Back to the grumpy old man. This is Monstaa's thread

TeamSaris 12-15-2010 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by DollaBill (Post 3275564)
I'll retract that for now. No need to distract from the thread. Didnt mean to hijack. Back to the grumpy old man

Then PM me. Im curious to say the least about the "issues".

As to the grumpy old man, If anyone on here has paid his dues to be a little judgemental, its him. At least he backs up his calls with facts, unlike about 99% of people on this board.

Back4More 12-15-2010 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by apache727 (Post 3275505)
His posts tend to be brutally honest and I have to agree with him at least 95% of the time. I have always thought his posts were the most entertaining on OSO or S&F...

Agreed with him once over the years and I can't even remember what it was...

monstaaa 12-15-2010 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by wot (Post 3275534)
..ill explain why in a few minutes when I finish my sushi and get off this droid...:)

too funny

DollaBill 12-15-2010 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by fast fun 2 (Post 3275568)
Then PM me. Im curious to say the least about the "issues".

As to the grumpy old man, If anyone on here has paid his dues to be a little judgemental, its him. At least he backs up his calls with facts, unlike about 99% of people on this board.

Thats my question.. what "dues"?

monstaaa 12-15-2010 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by fast fun 2 (Post 3275548)
You say lil like its a silly little game....running a 21 foot boat offshore with twin 2.4s against boats much much bigger...and winning...is no game. Yes the 21s from Long Island and NJ

not at all just the way i type. in fact i had a couple. 21 shadow, 280 2.5 15" mid 2.0-1's with a foot throttle. loved it and till this day still go hangin and bangin. and i too have hunted down bigger and faster boats with said machine. no insult intended nor disrespect i grew up runin out of jones inlet in one of them. it is where i started to venture off shore after the hydro streams and talons.
BUTTT,,,, he is still bitter, and im not quoting you matt i am voiceing my opinion of exactly that