Notices

Trim Tabs What Size?

Old 12-24-2010, 09:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
Lencos are nice tabs and easy to install. I do find their actuation to be a bit fast, but one can get used to it.

Dual ram Bennett Sport Tabs aren't bad, but more of a paint to install.

Boat Leveler makes a heavy duty tab, but the hose mount to the cylinders is problematic without some re-work.

K-Planes are awesome, but so is their price.

As for size, don't scrimp. I'd go 12"x12" minimum and longer if at all possible. Remember, trim tabs can effectively lengthen your hull by the length of the tab - which is usually cheaper than buying a longer hull.

When you do select your tabs, make sure you do some reading on how to mount them. Lots of posts here if you search. Mounting them incorrectly is not only a paint to fix, but will rob you of speed.
I was looking at the Lencos cause of the price and you can get a pretty ong tab with them. With the Bennets you are limited on length. Also heard that the longer tabs are better cause with the short tabs you have to drop them more to react and tha they will scrub speed.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:33 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

I agree with Steve, Id go with long tabs...when run even with the bottom ittl be like having 2 more feet of boat
Old 12-25-2010, 10:50 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by scottw
I was looking at the Lencos cause of the price and you can get a pretty ong tab with them. With the Bennets you are limited on length. Also heard that the longer tabs are better cause with the short tabs you have to drop them more to react and tha they will scrub speed.
Absolutely agree on the length thing. As with many things in life, size does matter. The longer the tabs though, the more critical proper mounting becomes.
Old 12-25-2010, 01:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is why I was going to go with the Lencos.. They come from 14" to 25" in length. Bennets the biggest you can get is 12" in length I believe.