Notices

OT: From Bad to Worse

Old 05-15-2002, 03:12 PM
BTJ88

Angry OT: From Bad to Worse

From the moment I woke up this morning I have been in a funk. Today just hasn't been going that well. So, I thought that I would finally get around to doing the tuneup on my truck to make me feel better. All is going well and I notice I am starting to feel better - but as soon as I relize this and almost put a half smile on my face - spark plug hole no. 6 cylinder - stripped At this point in time all I want to do is go back to bed - but I have to do something with the truck. I guess I'll try and very carefully run a tap into the hole to see if that will work - other wise it's off with it's head (literally)

Any ways - just needed to vent and take a break to read about my favorite things.

Thanks for listening

Old 05-15-2002, 03:20 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you sure the threads are stripped in the head? It is very unlikely to be able to damage the cast iron threads of the head with the softer metal of the plugs. Check the threads on the plug.
Old 05-15-2002, 09:49 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have sucessfully heli-coiled vertical plug holes with the head on the car. Just coat the bit and tap with a heavy grease to catch the shavings and stop frequently to clean them off.