Like Tree0Likes

What is a better boat?

Reply
Old 12-27-2010, 09:42 AM
  #21
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Smarty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Pitman, NJ
My Boats: Boatless
Posts: 2,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
OK Kid, I'll explain...since you just don't get it. Look at the above two posts from the "rough water boats" thread. In the first, you proclaim that you know alot of people who aren't happy with Pantera....then do a 180 when called on it...but throw in a lil cheerleading for Outerlimits. 99.9% of the people who frequent this website know that outerlimits builds an awesome boat, but it is a boat that very few can afford. That's a fact. In the past year, you post on every phucking thread how great Outerlimits are and how everything else sucks (except for Sutphens). Someone starts a thread asking what peoples opinions are between a Cig 46 and a 43 Nor-Tech...and here you come telling everyone how far superior an OL is to both of them. See what I mean?? I owned a Sutphen for 14 years. I know that they are well built boats......and so are Outerlimits, but I work for a living, own a house, just finished putting two kids through college, have three boats that are paid for, etc. We have a rule in my house and that simple rule is that toys don't get financed. An Outerlimits is out of my budget range. Period. I certainly don't think that my kevlar 1988 Cigarette with 800's and #6 drives is superior to every boat out there, but I love the chit out of it and it's mine.
I've never met you, don't know you, and have nothing against you. I started this thread because it's winter, it's cold as chit, it's snowing outside, the wind is blowing like a MoFo and I thought it would be a good winter time thread for the site. Don't get your panties all in a wad. Post your opinion on which brand is better!

Hopefully you can take this constructive criticism and see that you are doing more damage to OL than you are helping them. Part of growing up is learning how to laugh at yourself. Try it!!
A well put post, I couldn't have said it any better. It was about time it was said, thank you Craig.

Stephen
Smarty is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:00 AM
  #22
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9,590
Default

I think a lot of owners (no matter what the brand) take any comparison directly towards their current boat. If a guy asks how is Cigarette in rough water (thinking of a 2-3 year old 38,39,42) and the guy with the 1990 31 Bullet responds about what a wavecrusher he has and how it runs 63 with a pair of 20 year old 454's it really isn't relevant. How that turns into defending your brand against every boat out there I'm not sure.....

I know nothing about Sutphen, I like the little 21 and have seen Lucky Strike's race boat but other than that I have no experience with them. I love Dan's Motion and think that is one of the best deals in the classifieds right now but once again I know nothing about the boat brand. I understand cheerleading your own boat brand and take his OL cheerleading with a grain of salt. As Craig says everyone knows they build great boats that run fast.

The thread was very funny and I think Dan will laugh when he re-reads it.
Jupiter Sunsation is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:14 AM
  #23
Driver-441
Racer
 
TeamSaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lake George
My Boats: 32 Cobra Raceboat, 27 Avanti Raceboat 27 Kryptonite Raceboat
Posts: 11,350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
OK Kid, I'll explain...since you just don't get it. Look at the above two posts from the "rough water boats" thread. In the first, you proclaim that you know alot of people who aren't happy with Pantera....then do a 180 when called on it...but throw in a lil cheerleading for Outerlimits. 99.9% of the people who frequent this website know that outerlimits builds an awesome boat, but it is a boat that very few can afford. That's a fact. In the past year, you post on every phucking thread how great Outerlimits are and how everything else sucks (except for Sutphens). Someone starts a thread asking what peoples opinions are between a Cig 46 and a 43 Nor-Tech...and here you come telling everyone how far superior an OL is to both of them. See what I mean?? I owned a Sutphen for 14 years. I know that they are well built boats......and so are Outerlimits, but I work for a living, own a house, just finished putting two kids through college, have three boats that are paid for, etc. We have a rule in my house and that simple rule is that toys don't get financed. An Outerlimits is out of my budget range. Period. I certainly don't think that my kevlar 1988 Cigarette with 800's and #6 drives is superior to every boat out there, but I love the chit out of it and it's mine.
I've never met you, don't know you, and have nothing against you. I started this thread because it's winter, it's cold as chit, it's snowing outside, the wind is blowing like a MoFo and I thought it would be a good winter time thread for the site. Don't get your panties all in a wad. Post your opinion on which brand is better!

Hopefully you can take this constructive criticism and see that you are doing more damage to OL than you are helping them. Part of growing up is learning how to laugh at yourself. Try it!!
Very well said
TeamSaris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:44 AM
  #24
Registered
 
Catastrophe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,936
Default

Who gives a chit anyways ?

There are 10 guys on here that can buy anything they want, the rest of the folks buy what is made available to them at a certain point in their life.

The criteria about how any boat handles in rough water is so far down the list of whats important it doesnt really matter.

Whether you have a local support shop or dealer close by is more important than how fast you can make a boat go or how big the waves are when you go play with it.

90% of the people on here cant afford to bust up their toy in rough seas anyway or risk blowing it up by pushing their engines to the limits.

I suggest that the number of cup holders that are in the boat and whether your wives like it and whether your kids are safe in it far outweigh the rest of the dialogue.

People should learn to love what their family can afford rather than worry about what sticker is glued on the side.

In todays marketplace and economic environment any boat builder that doesnt provide a very well built product wouldnt exist.

Just have fun with what ya got and enjoy the experience you can afford, safely and share it all with your family and friends.
Catastrophe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:57 AM
  #25
Driver-441
Racer
 
TeamSaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lake George
My Boats: 32 Cobra Raceboat, 27 Avanti Raceboat 27 Kryptonite Raceboat
Posts: 11,350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post
Who gives a chit anyways ?

There are 10 guys on here that can buy anything they want, the rest of the folks buy what is made available to them at a certain point in their life.

The criteria about how any boat handles in rough water is so far down the list of whats important it doesnt really matter.

Whether you have a local support shop or dealer close by is more important than how fast you can make a boat go or how big the waves are when you go play with it.

90% of the people on here cant afford to bust up their toy in rough seas anyway or risk blowing it up by pushing their engines to the limits.

I suggest that the number of cup holders that are in the boat and whether your wives like it and whether your kids are safe in it far outweigh the rest of the dialogue.

People should learn to love what their family can afford rather than worry about what sticker is glued on the side.

In todays marketplace and economic environment any boat builder that doesnt provide a very well built product wouldnt exist.

Just have fun with what ya got and enjoy the experience you can afford, safely and share it all with your family and friends.
But an Outerlimits is the safest boat ever built!
TeamSaris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:15 AM
  #26
Registered
 
OL40SVX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bristol, RI
My Boats: Outerlimits
Posts: 7,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
OK Kid, I'll explain...since you just don't get it. Look at the above two posts from the "rough water boats" thread. In the first, you proclaim that you know alot of people who aren't happy with Pantera....then do a 180 when called on it...but throw in a lil cheerleading for Outerlimits. 99.9% of the people who frequent this website know that outerlimits builds an awesome boat, but it is a boat that very few can afford. That's a fact. In the past year, you post on every phucking thread how great Outerlimits are and how everything else sucks (except for Sutphens). Someone starts a thread asking what peoples opinions are between a Cig 46 and a 43 Nor-Tech...and here you come telling everyone how far superior an OL is to both of them. See what I mean?? I owned a Sutphen for 14 years. I know that they are well built boats......and so are Outerlimits, but I work for a living, own a house, just finished putting two kids through college, have three boats that are paid for, etc. We have a rule in my house and that simple rule is that toys don't get financed. An Outerlimits is out of my budget range. Period. I certainly don't think that my kevlar 1988 Cigarette with 800's and #6 drives is superior to every boat out there, but I love the chit out of it and it's mine.
I've never met you, don't know you, and have nothing against you. I started this thread because it's winter, it's cold as chit, it's snowing outside, the wind is blowing like a MoFo and I thought it would be a good winter time thread for the site. Don't get your panties all in a wad. Post your opinion on which brand is better!

Hopefully you can take this constructive criticism and see that you are doing more damage to OL than you are helping them. Part of growing up is learning how to laugh at yourself. Try it!!
No. I suggested to the guy looking at both that an OL is in his price range. Did you not see where he thought it was out of his range and would of included the OL??? I always said it was my opinion on how the Outerlimits could be a better offering since he was looking for speed and an luxury cabin. Did you not see all the people that own Cigarette's say buy a Cigarette?? Or all the Nor-Tech owners say buy a Nor-Tech? There is no difference between what I said and them.
The price of an Outerlimits is the same as a Cigarette. Its not an exclusive only millionaires club as many think. I also said what I said because I know information about peoples Pantera's that shouldnt be aired on a public forum. I personally thought the 41 Pantera came out nice. I was also just stating, since it was "the best rough water" thread which ended up best build quaity as well, that a Carbon/Epoxy built boat is will be stronger. I have never said Outerlimits is the best creation on the face of the earth. I laugh at myself all the time and its great that you enjoy your Cigarette. In light of this thread you should have been there when Richie Sutphen and I went over this subject for hours on end!!!
OL40SVX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:18 AM
  #27
Registered
 
OL40SVX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bristol, RI
My Boats: Outerlimits
Posts: 7,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast fun 2 View Post
But an Outerlimits is the safest boat ever built!
Show me another Vee that rolls over(due to hard racing) at close to 120mph and the two walk away unscratched. Just sayin.............
OL40SVX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:21 AM
  #28
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
omerta one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: LOTO
My Boats: 2009 Lip-Ship Gladiator; 1995 Cig 20
Posts: 2,865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post
Who gives a chit anyways ?

There are 10 guys on here that can buy anything they want, the rest of the folks buy what is made available to them at a certain point in their life.

The criteria about how any boat handles in rough water is so far down the list of whats important it doesnt really matter.

Whether you have a local support shop or dealer close by is more important than how fast you can make a boat go or how big the waves are when you go play with it.

90% of the people on here cant afford to bust up their toy in rough seas anyway or risk blowing it up by pushing their engines to the limits.

I suggest that the number of cup holders that are in the boat and whether your wives like it and whether your kids are safe in it far outweigh the rest of the dialogue.

People should learn to love what their family can afford rather than worry about what sticker is glued on the side.

In todays marketplace and economic environment any boat builder that doesnt provide a very well built product wouldnt exist.

Just have fun with what ya got and enjoy the experience you can afford, safely and share it all with your family and friends.
This post is so timely; I was just thinking about my 1997 911 and suddenly realized how obvious it is that Porsche turned their back on innovation by building virtually the same car for over thirty years and how moronic it is to own such an expensive classic car like that because it doesn't have any cup holders. What a waste of money, even a Hyundai has cup holders. I guess your just overpaying for the name.
omerta one is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:26 AM
  #29
VIP Member
VIP Member
Thread Starter
 
OldSchool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Florida
My Boats: Cigarette CC and Boston Whaler currently
Posts: 10,094
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fountain40icbm View Post
No. I suggested to the guy looking at both that an OL is in his price range. Did you not see where he thought it was out of his range and would of included the OL??? I always said it was my opinion on how the Outerlimits could be a better offering since he was looking for speed and an luxury cabin. Did you not see all the people that own Cigarette's say buy a Cigarette?? Or all the Nor-Tech owners say buy a Nor-Tech? There is no difference between what I said and them.
The price of an Outerlimits is the same as a Cigarette. Its not an exclusive only millionaires club as many think. I also said what I said because I know information about peoples Pantera's that shouldnt be aired on a public forum. I personally thought the 41 Pantera came out nice. I was also just stating, since it was "the best rough water" thread which ended up best build quaity as well, that a Carbon/Epoxy built boat is will be stronger. I have never said Outerlimits is the best creation on the face of the earth. I laugh at myself all the time and its great that you enjoy your Cigarette. In light of this thread you should have been there when Richie Sutphen and I went over this subject for hours on end!!!
OK, fair enough. I'll lay off. I really didn't expect you to "get it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fountain40icbm View Post
Show me another Vee that rolls over(due to hard racing) at close to 120mph and the two walk away unscratched. Just sayin.............
Another stupid phucking comment/post. Keep these up and we'll have to endure yet another post that starts out with....."OK guys, this is the Dad..."
__________________
I can't talk about it right now, it's being handled by the Postal Inspector. Those guys don't mess around!
OldSchool is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:29 AM
  #30
OSO OG
Gold Member
 
DollaBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Blue Martini Hall of Fame
My Boats: Making hot chicks hotter since 2010
Posts: 7,031
Default

Maybe we should start a minimum age for membership. He might get "it" in 5 or 10 years.

Tell Bobby B to bring ID

Last edited by DollaBill; 12-27-2010 at 11:33 AM.
DollaBill is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.