Notices

A decade on OSO

Old 12-29-2010, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All this means is that we are all just a decade older than when we joined!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkk!
Old 12-29-2010, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dang Nort - it's been that long....................

I've been here since Oct 2000. I was also on the old "WAGE WAR" Board that spiraled out of control which crashed and burned. Which then produced this board that we all know today.

Thanks Jeff & Steve!
Old 12-29-2010, 02:44 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

After lurking for a year or so, I finally signed up in December of 2001. There was talk of people getting together in Miami for the boat show. There was also talk by this one retard that he was going to beat the chit out of DaveP and BajaBob38 at the party. I told my wife "We've gotta go, This could be FUN!!!" We got some free "standby" passes from my Brother in law (He's a Delta pilot) and head out. Fly first class to Atlanta early in the AM....then get bumped off of 14 flights in a row. PHUCK!!!! i finally rented the last car in the Atlanta airport, which was a three cyl. Chevy Geo or something and ran wide open for 10 hours. Got to the RIU-Miami @ 4AM.

Upon getting there, we knew not one person.

The next morning we met BillR, Macklin, C-Spray, BajaBob38, Frank Civitano, Reckless32 and a bunch of others that were staying at the hotel. What a hoot!!! The next night was the OSO party. When Catmando saw the size of DaveP and BajaBob (They are both 6'5" or so) he almost chit himself. It was hilarious!!!!! Frank slept with a bottle of JD and a bush one of the nights that weekend.......but that's another story!!

Ahhhh, the good ole days!!!!!!
Old 12-29-2010, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
After lurking for a year or so, I finally signed up in December of 2001. There was talk of people getting together in Miami for the boat show. There was also talk by this one retard that he was going to beat the chit out of DaveP and BajaBob38 at the party. I told my wife "We've gotta go, This could be FUN!!!" We got some free "standby" passes from my Brother in law (He's a Delta pilot) and head out. Fly first class to Atlanta early in the AM....then get bumped off of 14 flights in a row. PHUCK!!!! i finally rented the last car in the Atlanta airport, which was a three cyl. Chevy Geo or something and ran wide open for 10 hours. Got to the RIU-Miami @ 4AM.

Upon getting there, we knew not one person.

The next morning we met BillR, Macklin, C-Spray, BajaBob38, Frank Civitano, Reckless32 and a bunch of others that were staying at the hotel. What a hoot!!! The next night was the OSO party. When Catmando saw the size of DaveP and BajaBob (They are both 6'5" or so) he almost chit himself. It was hilarious!!!!! Frank slept with a bottle of JD and a bush one of the nights that weekend.......but that's another story!!

Ahhhh, the good ole days!!!!!!
ahhhhhhhhhhhh they were the good ole days!!!
Old 12-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Time flys when you're having fun.
OSO is by FAR the most informative website ever, not just for boating but also for everything else.
A collective and diverse group of individuals from all walks of life.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:13 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Oso Old Days !

BAJABOB38 just resurfaced last week he now owns a motor home and he made up with and eloped with CATMANDO.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:24 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

some good times fo sho
Old 12-29-2010, 05:47 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow!!! Looks like it has been a decade for me also!! Always good to see the originals online! Miss the good ole days, but being 10yrs older, maybe I couldnt keep up those days! LOL!

So nice to have been on this board all those years.. hopefully 20-30yrs or more before I tip over...
Thanks to all the great people I have met and communicated with!

Happy boating in 2011!!!

Dick
Old 12-29-2010, 06:18 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice to see the originals on this thread. I've seen alot of crazy things on here.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:40 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Oso Future !

It's only going to get worse with me hanging around and offering words of wisdom.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.