Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New Website for Boat Dealers Cost (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/245243-new-website-boat-dealers-cost.html)

salesmanship 01-09-2011 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Turbojack (Post 3292564)
I was wondering where they would get the pricing.

They don't have my pricing so we can continue gouging! :evilb:

mikebrls 01-09-2011 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by salesmanship (Post 3292837)
They don't have my pricing so we can continue gouging! :evilb:

at least he's an honest sale's man :)

mike

jimmy mcfly 01-10-2011 01:14 PM

I like it. When I look for a new boat this spring it will help me feel comfortable with the dealer. I don't expect him to sell it to me for nothing, in fact I think 12-13% over invoice is fair for all the work involved with a boat. Its not like a car deal at all. This site, if it has the brands I am interested in, will be valuable in my decision. Don't you want to be as educated as possible when making a large purchase? My last boat was a used one due to the lack of new boat info like this.

LAriverratt 01-10-2011 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by mikebrls (Post 3292878)

mike

that's gotta be the funniest Oxymoron there is....honest salesman....:lolhit:

VtSteve 01-10-2011 02:39 PM

Yet everyone has access to used boat prices, which are low and Lower. During 2008-last year, I think everyone that paid attention got a good feel for margins and what room they had to haggle.

Rule of thumb is,

New Boats = High Price

Your Boat = Not worth chit

Not only are new boats expensive, people are underwater in 2-4 year old boats even if they paid cost for them new.

Mastercraft240 01-10-2011 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by jimmy mcfly (Post 3293492)
I like it. When I look for a new boat this spring it will help me feel comfortable with the dealer. I don't expect him to sell it to me for nothing, in fact I think 12-13% over invoice is fair for all the work involved with a boat. Its not like a car deal at all. This site, if it has the brands I am interested in, will be valuable in my decision. Don't you want to be as educated as possible when making a large purchase? My last boat was a used one due to the lack of new boat info like this.

12-13%? Jesus thats LOW! I know of a couple people, my self included that got offers on our boats as trade in and easily could've profited over 75% EASY. People only deal with dealers if they have no regard for money or HAVE TO.

RunninHotRacing163.1 01-10-2011 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by mikebrls (Post 3292878)

mike

:lolhit:

tomtbone1993 01-10-2011 04:43 PM

The owners of the website will make money from gathering the leads to the dealers. For example everytime edmunds.com sends a lead to my store it cost us $25.00. Do the math the owners of the site will clean up. Most of the time the invoice pricing is wrong anyways. If it drives the lead to the store it may not be that bad......only time will tell.

DollaBill 01-10-2011 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by mastercraft240 (Post 3293662)
12-13%? Jesus thats LOW! I know of a couple people, my self included that got offers on our boats as trade in and easily could've profited over 75% EASY. People only deal with dealers if they have no regard for money or HAVE TO.

new boats at 12-13 % isn't bad. But you have to make 50+% on trades depending on value of course.