Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Speakers on the back of the boat? >

Speakers on the back of the boat?

Notices

Speakers on the back of the boat?

Old 01-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Speakers on the back of the boat?

Anyone have pictures of speakers mounted on the back of the boat? I was thinking maybe putting a set on the back so when we are hanging out you could hear the music better. If you have pictures post them up! Will the water and sun destroy them? I wanted to mount them right under the sunpad on the back.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look at some of Jassman's pictures, he had some cool boxes made and painted to match his boat so he could place them where he wanted and plug them in. look like 6 inch round ones, very cool better than cutting holes in the back of the boat.
My next boat will have them like that and I will put plugs up front to because sometimes you want to lay on the bow away from eveybody.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
Look at some of Jassman's pictures, he had some cool boxes made and painted to match his boat so he could place them where he wanted and plug them in. look like 6 inch round ones, very cool better than cutting holes in the back of the boat.
My next boat will have them like that and I will put plugs up front to because sometimes you want to lay on the bow away from eveybody.
thanks Lapse.... NorTech made them to resemble the scoops, then painted them, and made a bowling bag to store them.. It was nice to just plug them in touch the rear remote and didnt have to crank the volume.
Attached Thumbnails Speakers on the back of the boat?-gco%2520-54-.jpg  

Last edited by Jassman; 01-09-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tossed around the idea of making some fiberglass enclosures for some speakers adn have plug ins somewhere in the back. I was going to get some pin cleats with extra pins so I could build them into the speaker enclosure and just mount them when ready so they can not get knocked off the boat and are semi out of the way.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:43 PM
Registered

Here's some nice ones if you want to pay for them. They're a little heavy to move around all the time, too. http://marine.jlaudio.com/products_enclosures_EWS.php
Old 01-10-2011, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

I guess I am going to have to think about this a bit more. I would like something permanent and have them on a switch or something. I really just want to be able to hear the music while we hang out and not have to have the stereo blaring.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:15 AM
Registered

Saw a Donzi 38ZR in Destin that had a pair of speakers mounted above the swim platform facing back. No pictures though.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:57 AM
Registered

On the Formula web site it shows a set of speakers mounted above the swim platform on the 310 Sun Sport. Not bad looking and looks like it would be easy enough to do if you don't mind cutting on your boat.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:41 AM
Registered

+1 to the Formula idea.

I've been on the Formula 310 BR and it works really well, so that could be good inspiration. If you have a 4 ch. headunit just use the rear channels for the back speaker amp. Then you won't need a switch, and you should be able to control volume in the boat and aft seperately. Let us know what you do, and post some pic's.

Oh, and something like the JL marine speakers will have no problem with the sun and water + they sound good. http://marine.jlaudio.com/products_c...php?page_id=22

Happy boating.

Last edited by A.O. Razor; 01-11-2011 at 07:48 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:58 AM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Perlmudder
I guess I am going to have to think about this a bit more. I would like something permanent and have them on a switch or something. I really just want to be able to hear the music while we hang out and not have to have the stereo blaring.

Send a PM to WOTWTE. Not only does he have and install the speakers, but he can also put some controls for the stereo there too. Its very cool to have them accessible at a raft up or sand bar ... or just sittin on the sun pad at the bar

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.