Like Tree0Likes

Skater 368/388 difference

Reply
Old 01-12-2011, 11:34 AM
  #11
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Frankfort,ill
My Boats: 40 SKATER
Posts: 12,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blume View Post
The 388 is two and a half foot longer than the 368, the 388 sponson is one and a half wider, the 388 has a little deeper tunnel at the bow and the 388 is two and a half inches wider than the 368. I have both ready to start rigging/paint and will be ready for early summer.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner Tell em Blume
RunninHotRacing163.1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:13 PM
  #12
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
blume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Sherman, Texas
Posts: 2,524
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by stainless View Post
I agree with you on the tunnel extention part, however I was referring to the piece that comes off the deck to make the transom a little sexier and more aerodynamic looking. That's what I was referring to as the bussle
The bussel is not included in the info I gave on the difference in the two boats. It would make both of them longer from front to back but no difference in wet surface. Here's a few pics of bussels, two on a 368, one 388 and a 40'. Most of the Skaters have the bussle/tunnel extension as shown below.
Attached Thumbnails
Skater 368/388 difference-img_6520.jpg   Skater 368/388 difference-img_6522.jpg   Skater 368/388 difference-photo-800x597-.jpg  

Skater 368/388 difference-3884.jpg  

Last edited by blume; 01-12-2011 at 12:38 PM.
blume is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:19 PM
  #13
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
blume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Sherman, Texas
Posts: 2,524
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1 View Post
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner Tell em Blume
RHR.......................It's not hard when you get the correct information from the right person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Skater 368/388 difference-gus20.jpg  
blume is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:23 PM
  #14
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
My Boats: 40 Skater
Posts: 495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blume View Post
RHR.......................It's not hard when you get the correct information from the right person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The man!!!!

I may be wrong, but I thought I remember Pete telling me the tunnel extension did not do anything, strictly there for cosmetic purpose.
40FlatDeck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:23 PM
  #15
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,067
Default

Ah....... a pic of the infamous slw 388! Sweet!
stainless is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:22 PM
  #16
Charter Mod
Charter Member
 
BLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: E Dock
My Boats: Cigarette - "90MPH" Edition
Posts: 6,551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stainless View Post
I agree with you on the tunnel extention part, however I was referring to the piece that comes off the deck to make the transom a little sexier and more aerodynamic looking. That's what I was referring to as the bussle
Yeah I knew what you meant, but was trying to clairify for the others that may have been confused. Didn't mean to sound like I was disagreeing with your comment.

I think of a bustle more as what MTI can add to their 42 that make them a 44. The top portion that covers the drives, etc, but stops just before the chines:


Last edited by BLee; 01-12-2011 at 03:34 PM.
BLee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:47 PM
  #17
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,067
Default

Gotcha B lee!
Looks like the top secret 388 slw pis has poofed!
Guess well have to wait!
Looked sweet though!
stainless is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:32 PM
  #18
Registered
 
KNOT-RIGHT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Providence,RI
My Boats: Turbine 46 Skater
Posts: 3,172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40FlatDeck View Post
The man!!!!

I may be wrong, but I thought I remember Pete telling me the tunnel extension did not do anything, strictly there for cosmetic purpose.
Peter told me the same thing when i inquired about the 50 over the
46. Come to think of it I ran with Danny Desantos new 2010 40ss
this summer. A couple of weeks ago i Complemented Peter on how Bad A$$ the tunnel extension and the extended decks above the transom. Quote " its all cosmetic makes no difference in performance."

Im with Blee on the tunnel extension theory so I was somewhat
surprised on Peters response.
KNOT-RIGHT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:00 PM
  #19
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SoCal
My Boats: Eliminator
Posts: 2,228
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by blume View Post
The bussel is not included in the info I gave on the difference in the two boats. It would make both of them longer from front to back but no difference in wet surface. Here's a few pics of bussels, two on a 368, one 388 and a 40'. Most of the Skaters have the bussle/tunnel extension as shown below.
thanku for the pics and response....
PokerRun388 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:01 PM
  #20
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SoCal
My Boats: Eliminator
Posts: 2,228
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLee View Post
Yeah I knew what you meant, but was trying to clairify for the others that may have been confused. Didn't mean to sound like I was disagreeing with your comment.

I think of a bustle more as what MTI can add to their 42 that make them a 44. The top portion that covers the drives, etc, but stops just before the chines:

44 MTi... spinetingler... its for sale.... 1350hps
PokerRun388 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.