Like Tree0Likes

Surprising find in my Barrett media kit

Reply
Old 01-22-2011, 11:20 PM
  #71
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: LI, New York
Posts: 1,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1 View Post
heres a lil reading material for ya Mastercraft from Rich a OSO brutha on the board .. i pasted it 4 ya
been to any auctions lately ????


BJ is a no reserve auction, meaning that you have to sell the car no matter what the high bid is. When you enter the car for sale you sign paperwork that effectivelly transfers ownership over to BJ once the car crosses the auction block. If the high bid on a $100k car is $25k, BJ doesn't care they sell it. Your only other option is to essentially "buy the car back" by paying both the buyer fee and the seller fee of the high bid. I don't remember off hand what the fees are , but I want to say that the buyer fee is 8% and the seller fee is 6%.
Never been to an auction. Good read. Learn something new every day.
Mastercraft240 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:29 PM
  #72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
animalhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Warwick, RI
Posts: 985
Default

Another 121,500 in fees
animalhouse is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:56 PM
  #73
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
fountain4play's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Omaha - LOTO
My Boats: Nor-Tech 3600 SuperCat "Suppression"
Posts: 1,386
Default

Someone needs to let Bob Varsha know that their not corvette engines in...lol...it's amazing how they know every little detail about the cars but are clueless when it comes to boats...
fountain4play is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:03 AM
  #74
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
animalhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Warwick, RI
Posts: 985
Default

I enjoyed listening to them try to come up with the self contained engine cooling water within the boat.....it's amazing that they weren't briefed at all about the details. Also funny when they were comparing it to Neil bonnets bass boat
animalhouse is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:16 AM
  #75
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
fountain4play's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Omaha - LOTO
My Boats: Nor-Tech 3600 SuperCat "Suppression"
Posts: 1,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalhouse View Post
I enjoyed listening to them try to come up with the self contained engine cooling water within the boat.....it's amazing that they weren't briefed at all about the details. Also funny when they were comparing it to Neil bonnets bass boat
LOL....exactly I know they had to have a sheet on the boat but they're just try and wing it...whew...75 mph bass boat quite a comparison....lol...I'll give the other guy's a pass cause their just car guy's but Varsha should know better...he drives me nuts in his F1 commentary...
fountain4play is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:57 AM
  #76
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: toledo ohio
My Boats: feathercraft,Profile 308,Hydrodyne jet deck, hondo runner bottom,24 python,33 elimanator dry sixes
Posts: 852
Default

If it's being compared to a bass boat then the insurance will only be 195.00 a year as a rider on your home owners ha ha
lightning jet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:19 AM
  #77
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ - Scottsdale,AZ
My Boats: 04' Nordic Rage & 06' JC TriToon
Posts: 97
Default

You guys are something else,LOL

I was right there with Woods, Derrick, Scott and gang when this all happened. He felt it it was worth it at that price, so there.

You'd think he knows a thing or two about what he's doing.

Also, the boat was repowered with brand new 1075's recently.

I can't post pics, or i'd share some of the eye candy Stu placed around the boat all week.
todd969 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:33 AM
  #78
Member #9
Charter Member
 
hp500efi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Pewaukee, WI
Posts: 4,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by richanton View Post
BJ is a no reserve auction, meaning that you have to sell the car no matter what the high bid is. When you enter the car for sale you sign paperwork that effectivelly transfers ownership over to BJ once the car crosses the auction block. If the high bid on a $100k car is $25k, BJ doesn't care they sell it. Your only other option is to essentially "buy the car back" by paying both the buyer fee and the seller fee of the high bid. I don't remember off hand what the fees are , but I want to say that the buyer fee is 8% and the seller fee is 6%.
I have seen multiple BJ auctions where cars roll off the floor unsold. There are many times where they are on the phone with the owner asking them to lower the reserve so that the car will sell...??? perhaps there are different BJ auctions with different circumstances?
__________________
Member of the Liquid Jungle
hp500efi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:45 AM
  #79
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Chuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
My Boats: None, but paid for one! Beware of Frisini / Sonic / Arrow Powerboats
Posts: 2,910
Default

I'm glad I just read this thread today. I opened the thread and clicked on the link to the boat description and it reads that the selling price for the boat and trailer was $247500.00. I was shocked to say the least!!! I would like to sell my boat but if that boat sold for that price, I figure mine is worth maybe 70-80K. Whew
Chuck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:10 AM
  #80
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
GLH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Burlington, VT
My Boats: Azimut
Posts: 15,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I'm glad I just read this thread today. I opened the thread and clicked on the link to the boat description and it reads that the selling price for the boat and trailer was $247500.00. I was shocked to say the least!!! I would like to sell my boat but if that boat sold for that price, I figure mine is worth maybe 70-80K. Whew
The boat was part of three lots. The Boat, the trailer and a Corvette, they split the total sale along the three items...
So it's a deal at $250k for the boat ( http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...303&pop=0&it=1 ) but a Vette ( http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...3.2&pop=0&it=1 )for $245k is a little steep and a trailer ( http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...3.1&pop=0&it=1 )for a quarter million is a serious azzrape!
GLH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.