Notices

Older cat/cabin question

Old 01-16-2011, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by prostock85
Love the cabin. Never thought of Warlocks. Are they a center pod boat? Was hoping to stay with a true tunnel but will expand my options now.
I believe the warlocks are center pods
Old 01-16-2011, 07:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja555
I believe the warlocks are center pods
They are.
I have been on an American Offshore and found the cabin of those boats (Chris cat, Awesome,AO) to be funky compared to the cabin of the Warlock or Eliminator which have a traditional down the center cabin. If you didn't know, the Eliminator Daytona's have a similar cabin to the Warlock but there is a little less headroom and depth even in the 33 and 36. Good luck with your search.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:43 PM
Registered

this sounds like it would work....

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/boa/2145205388.html

boat is owned by my best friend. Professionally maintained. Very Clean. Nice cabin. Nice trailer. I really think it's worth calling on.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OkieTunnel
They are.
I have been on an American Offshore and found the cabin of those boats (Chris cat, Awesome,AO) to be funky compared to the cabin of the Warlock or Eliminator which have a traditional down the center cabin. If you didn't know, the Eliminator Daytona's have a similar cabin to the Warlock but there is a little less headroom and depth even in the 33 and 36. Good luck with your search.
Those cabins may appear to be funky to you, but both MTI and Nortech have similar cabin designs.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ROTAX454
Those cabins may appear to be funky to you, but both MTI and Nortech have similar cabin designs.
I would say they have similar door placement more than I would say similar cabin design. The aforementioned mti's with a cabin aren't exactly hot sellers either. I dont even know if they have built one since they came out with the 39 RP. I will say the side door feels better as the boat gets bigger. I have been on the big cabin MTI and also a 38 Marres cat as well as the 36 Nortech (actually 38 ft plus) They seem to not seem so funky. The 38 Awesome might fall in the same category but our price range and discussion here seemed to be around 30ft.