Notices

Snap-on / Matco Tools

Old 12-09-2011, 08:38 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 87MagnumII
Its all good. Doesn't matter what tool company you are with, if you go out, chances are you are gonna lose your ass. Just the nature of the beast. All of the big four have law suits against them.

could'nt agree more

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mac dealer here(4 years) and it is rough out there..
Old 12-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.unhappyfranchisee.com/mat...se-complaints/

The "Cardshark" thread of the tool business.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:34 AM
Registered

I am a tech by trade....having said that, the best weekly service gets my business. I have ALOT of tools! Snap-on, matco, cornwell and very little mac. What I have experienced over and over...craftman don't hold up in my kind of business, they are junk and break all the time, sure they (most) of them have life time warranty but dont want to go to sears every week. They would be fine for tools at the house but I do not buy them for work...they don't hold up. If you want to buy good quality tools to last years and years, buy from a tool truck. Snap-on are great tools but very pricey.. I am very serious in my tools and the selection, thats what i make my living with. I buy from the big 3 snapon-matco-cornwell. Cornwell arn't big in some areas but i have been using their tools for years and they hold up just like the rest of them but much less. Mind you I have broke all of them at one point or another!!
Old 12-11-2011, 08:30 AM
Registered

All the big Franchise truck,s are dropping like flies I'm 100% independent and biz is booming everyone is sick of the outrageous prices and **** service . When I was a snap on dealer for 12 years I took very good care of my customers. when everything was paid off all Snap on wanted is you to buy another franchise and run 2 trucks. They did everything they could to put me out of biz. Snap on make a tone of money on the 6000 dealers paying hem 11% of there loans they owe I begged for help and got ****ED!!!!!!!

I now sell tools like Ingersol rand OTC KD Gearwrench and on and on and most of these Co. tools are re branded for the other guy,s and just as good. they each have there best like snap on wrenches but I could sell you a awesome set of Gearwrench combination box open end form 1/4 to 1 1/4 for $179 and you get the met. 7 to 24 mm free. sold 30 sets in one week, Mac hardly makes anything and same with Cornwell.

My prices are 1/2 -2/3 the price of the other guys I have been independent for 5 months and have over 154 people on the books as of Fri. AND I OWN IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O ya and over the year I found out the tool doesn't make the tech.

Last edited by Velocity Tom; 12-11-2011 at 08:32 AM.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
http://www.unhappyfranchisee.com/mat...se-complaints/

The "Cardshark" thread of the tool business.

OMFG

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Registered

I'm a dealership technician and matco and snap-on have their highs and lows. IMHO matco makes a better ratchet with a lower profile and more teeth. they have soe innovative tools and have the same warranty, and are a little cheaper than snap-on. but snap on has some awesome ratchet wrenches, prybars, screwdrivers, picks... snap on boxes are good. i have one. i love it. matco claims to be stronger. but i dont care for the detent locks in the matco boxes. the snap on boxes with the grip latrch is the way to go!

we also have mac, and cornwell tool trucks that stop by. i dont buy anything from either lol

I say a mix and match of matco and snapon is fine. pepper in a little craftsman, lysle, and otc tools and you will have all the brands i have.

And a harbor freight ball joint press. I keep breaking that damn thing. they keep replacing it.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Fixxxer22
I'm a dealership technician and matco and snap-on have their highs and lows. IMHO matco makes a better ratchet with a lower profile and more teeth. they have soe innovative tools and have the same warranty, and are a little cheaper than snap-on. but snap on has some awesome ratchet wrenches, prybars, screwdrivers, picks... snap on boxes are good. i have one. i love it. matco claims to be stronger. but i dont care for the detent locks in the matco boxes. the snap on boxes with the grip latrch is the way to go!

we also have mac, and cornwell tool trucks that stop by. i dont buy anything from either lol

I say a mix and match of matco and snapon is fine. pepper in a little craftsman, lysle, and otc tools and you will have all the brands i have.

And a harbor freight ball joint press. I keep breaking that damn thing. they keep replacing it.
Believe it or not but Matco, craftsman, gearwrench(kd tool), and Armstrong are all owned by the danaher corp. a Matco ratchet is identical to a gearwrench and an Armstrong, only difference might be a more comfortable handle and the price tag. But they all come fom the same place. On average I would say the Matco is three times the price of the other two for the same product. Snap on ratchets may not be perfect but are far superior in many ways. they are not a commodity, the only place to get one is from snapon, you won't find them rebranded and sold thru other outlets.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 87MagnumII
Believe it or not but Matco, craftsman, gearwrench(kd tool), and Armstrong are all owned by the danaher corp. a Matco ratchet is identical to a gearwrench and an Armstrong, only difference might be a more comfortable handle and the price tag. But they all come fom the same place. On average I would say the Matco is three times the price of the other two for the same product. Snap on ratchets may not be perfect but are far superior in many ways. they are not a commodity, the only place to get one is from snapon, you won't find them rebranded and sold thru other outlets.
no disrespect, but i dont really care who makes the matco stuff. as long as it helps me pay my bills. and i think you pay the extra with matco (still a little less than snap-on) for the truck comming every week and being able to warranty your tools that you break every week. i have many of both. prob more snap-on than matco but you cant beat the ratchets profile, the pinless swivel impact sockets, and impact allens by matco.

I break both matco and snap on stuff. But i am fixing things every day all day. so, im hard on tools.

i did just grill by matco guy withe the info you provided me
Old 03-05-2012, 12:13 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Fixxxer22

i did just grill by matco guy withe the info you provided me
I bet he loved that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.