Like Tree0Likes

Magic 39ft VooDoo?

Old 01-25-2011, 12:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: boats

I'm pretty sure that the molds ended up with Ron Debartolo and were then built in MO as a Challenger.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernoffshore View Post
do a search for aronow boats on here. here a pic from flpwerbt club I think it's the guggi one http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...gold-37-a.html
No pic.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:28 PM
Registered

My Boats: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBank View Post
I have only seen one out here in Havasu named HEAT WAVE, does anyone know who owns it?
Are you refering to the "Desert Heat", that raced a while? It was like purple with large letters down the side? Teague maintained that boat while it raced, you might want to call Bob, I'm sure he'd be able to help you out.

In the mid 90's there was also "Rock Hard" (a 34 Magic) and "Rock Harder" (a 39 Magic) that ran around Havasu a LOT.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:08 PM
Registered

My Boats: 06 Advantage 32 Victory/99 Donzi Classic 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisistank View Post
Are you refering to the "Desert Heat", that raced a while? It was like purple with large letters down the side? Teague maintained that boat while it raced, you might want to call Bob, I'm sure he'd be able to help you out.

In the mid 90's there was also "Rock Hard" (a 34 Magic) and "Rock Harder" (a 39 Magic) that ran around Havasu a LOT.
Yes that is the boat, yes I remember Rock Hard and Rock Harder I forgot that was a 39 also.So I have seen two of them did Magic make more than those 2? Frank
Old 01-25-2011, 09:30 PM
Registered

My Boats: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988

Quote:
Yes that is the boat, yes I remember Rock Hard and Rock Harder I forgot that was a 39 also.So I have seen two of them did Magic make more than those 2? Frank
I'm fairly certain Magic produced a few more. They were pretty popular in the mid to late 90's. There was a really nice used one that was mostly all white for sale not more than a year ago.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:42 PM
Registered

My Boats: 06 Advantage 32 Victory/99 Donzi Classic 16

The reason I am asking about the 39 is there is a repo that I may be able to buy (Desert Heat) that needs alot of work just wanted to know if it would be worth dealing with.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 33 powerplay 20 mako , 30 spectre ,22 velocity,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmando View Post
No pic.
found that one on google images.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:13 PM
Registered

Quote:
The reason I am asking about the 39 is there is a repo that I may be able to buy (Desert Heat) that needs alot of work just wanted to know if it would be worth dealing with.
Call Bob Teague at Teague Custom Marine, he'd be able to give you the inside scoop I would think.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:12 PM
Charter Member #9/ Moderator
Charter Member

My Boats: 99 Advantage 34 Offshore

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisistank View Post
I'm fairly certain Magic produced a few more. They were pretty popular in the mid to late 90's. There was a really nice used one that was mostly all white for sale not more than a year ago.
Tank,
Wasn't there a nice renovated red one at Desert Storm a few years ago? I remember Powerboat taking many pictures of it (Tom Newby R.I.P) and also doing a write up on it and the owner.

Could be wrong but that is what I remember.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:41 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeRacer View Post
Tank,
Wasn't there a nice renovated red one at Desert Storm a few years ago? I remember Powerboat taking many pictures of it (Tom Newby R.I.P) and also doing a write up on it and the owner.

Could be wrong but that is what I remember.
I don't recall that but PBM did test the 39 Voodoo w/525SC's in 1994. However, DaBank would have to order it online to see the full article as they're not in print online (waaaaay too much work).