Like Tree0Likes

Magic 39ft VooDoo?

Reply
Old 01-25-2011, 12:55 PM
  #11
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
salesmanship's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Cape Coral FL
My Boats: boats
Posts: 2,159
Default

I'm pretty sure that the molds ended up with Ron Debartolo and were then built in MO as a Challenger.
salesmanship is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:25 PM
  #12
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Arlington Tx
Posts: 9,373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernoffshore View Post
do a search for aronow boats on here. here a pic from flpwerbt club I think it's the guggi one http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...gold-37-a.html
No pic.
Catmando is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:28 PM
  #13
Registered
 
thisistank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Channel Islands, So. Cal.
My Boats: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988
Posts: 10,674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBank View Post
I have only seen one out here in Havasu named HEAT WAVE, does anyone know who owns it?
Are you refering to the "Desert Heat", that raced a while? It was like purple with large letters down the side? Teague maintained that boat while it raced, you might want to call Bob, I'm sure he'd be able to help you out.

In the mid 90's there was also "Rock Hard" (a 34 Magic) and "Rock Harder" (a 39 Magic) that ran around Havasu a LOT.
thisistank is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:08 PM
  #14
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victorville Ca./Havasu Az.
My Boats: 06 Advantage 32 Victory/99 Donzi Classic 16
Posts: 114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisistank View Post
Are you refering to the "Desert Heat", that raced a while? It was like purple with large letters down the side? Teague maintained that boat while it raced, you might want to call Bob, I'm sure he'd be able to help you out.

In the mid 90's there was also "Rock Hard" (a 34 Magic) and "Rock Harder" (a 39 Magic) that ran around Havasu a LOT.
Yes that is the boat, yes I remember Rock Hard and Rock Harder I forgot that was a 39 also.So I have seen two of them did Magic make more than those 2? Frank
DaBank is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:30 PM
  #15
Registered
 
thisistank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Channel Islands, So. Cal.
My Boats: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988
Posts: 10,674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBank View Post
Yes that is the boat, yes I remember Rock Hard and Rock Harder I forgot that was a 39 also.So I have seen two of them did Magic make more than those 2? Frank
I'm fairly certain Magic produced a few more. They were pretty popular in the mid to late 90's. There was a really nice used one that was mostly all white for sale not more than a year ago.
thisistank is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:42 PM
  #16
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victorville Ca./Havasu Az.
My Boats: 06 Advantage 32 Victory/99 Donzi Classic 16
Posts: 114
Default

The reason I am asking about the 39 is there is a repo that I may be able to buy (Desert Heat) that needs alot of work just wanted to know if it would be worth dealing with.
DaBank is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:58 PM
  #17
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
northernoffshore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ft. myers, fl.
My Boats: 33 powerplay 20 mako , 30 spectre ,22 velocity,
Posts: 2,387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmando View Post
No pic.
found that one on google images.
northernoffshore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:13 PM
  #18
Registered
 
thisistank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Channel Islands, So. Cal.
My Boats: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988
Posts: 10,674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBank View Post
The reason I am asking about the 39 is there is a repo that I may be able to buy (Desert Heat) that needs alot of work just wanted to know if it would be worth dealing with.
Call Bob Teague at Teague Custom Marine, he'd be able to give you the inside scoop I would think.
thisistank is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:12 PM
  #19
Charter Member #9/ Moderator
Charter Member
 
LakeRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA
My Boats: 99 Advantage 34 Offshore
Posts: 536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisistank View Post
I'm fairly certain Magic produced a few more. They were pretty popular in the mid to late 90's. There was a really nice used one that was mostly all white for sale not more than a year ago.
Tank,
Wasn't there a nice renovated red one at Desert Storm a few years ago? I remember Powerboat taking many pictures of it (Tom Newby R.I.P) and also doing a write up on it and the owner.

Could be wrong but that is what I remember.
__________________
Art
LakeRacer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:41 PM
  #20
Registered
 
thisistank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Channel Islands, So. Cal.
My Boats: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988
Posts: 10,674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeRacer View Post
Tank,
Wasn't there a nice renovated red one at Desert Storm a few years ago? I remember Powerboat taking many pictures of it (Tom Newby R.I.P) and also doing a write up on it and the owner.

Could be wrong but that is what I remember.
I don't recall that but PBM did test the 39 Voodoo w/525SC's in 1994. However, DaBank would have to order it online to see the full article as they're not in print online (waaaaay too much work).
thisistank is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.