Like Tree0Likes

MiniHawk made good on his word - Charity

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2011, 06:34 PM
  #31
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
offshoredrillin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Maryland
My Boats: 00 Cig Tiger,74 Cig 20'
Posts: 10,942
Default

Good letter, and glad they sent it.

I didn't say anything about him on this last bout, but here is my take. I feel that we collectively need to be firm with him and by putting him in time out and calling him out on his antics, is what real/true friends do. He needs to understand that in order to be a part of a community he needs to treat that community with the respect it deserves.
his passion is no less than anyone of us on here that throws money and time at our hobby, as someone said in another post a while back, in a sense we all have taken him under our wing, and any of us would do the same for our kids, part of teaching a young man the way to interact with people that he wants to view as his peers, is to let him know what is acceptable and not. Hopefully he will continue to learn and grow and he will gain the respect that he so desperately wants/needs, but to gain it he must show it.
He needs to stop with the temper tantrums and the outright insults, if someone insults him, then he has the right to defend himself as would any of us. A new beginning happens every day when you wake up, just depends on how you want to make your day turn out.

these are life lessons, not just forum lessons.
offshoredrillin is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 06:37 PM
  #32
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
My Boats: 40 Skater
Posts: 495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fountain40icbm View Post
Its great that you received the donation, but he really has no purpose of posting crap/anything on here. As suggested he should just lurk around and uses the search engine. That poker run whatever should do the same.
You should be the last one to say ANYTHING on this thread.

He is a kid for god sake.
40FlatDeck is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 06:43 PM
  #33
Registered
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sudbury Ontario
My Boats: 05 PQ Avenger Poker Run Edition 525EFI's
Posts: 2,771
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshoredrillin View Post
Good letter, and glad they sent it.

I didn't say anything about him on this last bout, but here is my take. I feel that we collectively need to be firm with him and by putting him in time out and calling him out on his antics, is what real/true friends do. He needs to understand that in order to be a part of a community he needs to treat that community with the respect it deserves.
his passion is no less than anyone of us on here that throws money and time at our hobby, as someone said in another post a while back, in a sense we all have taken him under our wing, and any of us would do the same for our kids, part of teaching a young man the way to interact with people that he wants to view as his peers, is to let him know what is acceptable and not. Hopefully he will continue to learn and grow and he will gain the respect that he so desperately wants/needs, but to gain it he must show it.
He needs to stop with the temper tantrums and the outright insults, if someone insults him, then he has the right to defend himself as would any of us. A new beginning happens every day when you wake up, just depends on how you want to make your day turn out.

these are life lessons, not just forum lessons.
Excellent post.

Glad to hear Mini came through on a promise.
Good luck!
verbi69 is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 06:44 PM
  #34
Registered
 
PhantomChaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Bell Canyon, CA
My Boats: Formula FASTech 382 Sunseeker Apache 45
Posts: 12,756
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40FlatDeck View Post
You should be the last one to say ANYTHING on this thread.

LOL.....isn't fountain40icbm 18 years old or something, and an expert on most things??
PhantomChaos is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 06:51 PM
  #35
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: LI, New York
Posts: 1,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomChaos View Post
LOL.....isn't fountain40icbm 18 years old or something, and an expert on most things??
He's 21. An OL cheerleader, but I don't think his knowledge is questionable.
Mastercraft240 is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 06:52 PM
  #36
Registered
 
wrinkleface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Michigan
My Boats: NT 477!! Ilmors Baby!!!
Posts: 8,022
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikes280 View Post
how many lies you told the head cheerleader to get in her paints
Paints??? So U R say'n U liked art class????????
wrinkleface is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 06:54 PM
  #37
OSO OG
Gold Member
 
DollaBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Blue Martini Hall of Fame
My Boats: Making hot chicks hotter since 2010
Posts: 7,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomChaos View Post
LOL.....isn't fountain40icbm 18 years old or something, and an expert on most things??
+1/2 LOL
DollaBill is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 06:55 PM
  #38
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
offshoredrillin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Maryland
My Boats: 00 Cig Tiger,74 Cig 20'
Posts: 10,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastercraft240 View Post
He's 21. An OL cheerleader, but I don't think his knowledge is questionable.
yes it is, a person cant blindly cheer and remain objective. Ask Jupitersunsation.
offshoredrillin is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 06:58 PM
  #39
OSO OG
Gold Member
 
DollaBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Blue Martini Hall of Fame
My Boats: Making hot chicks hotter since 2010
Posts: 7,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 272bajadriver View Post
+1
You're such a stain. Who invited your joke-azz back?
DollaBill is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 07:00 PM
  #40
OSO OG
Gold Member
 
DollaBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Blue Martini Hall of Fame
My Boats: Making hot chicks hotter since 2010
Posts: 7,031
Default

Too many new douchebags on OSO. Time for some banning.... uhg.
DollaBill is offline  
Closed Thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.