Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone have a Merc 525 single Rig kit Wiring Harness? >

Anyone have a Merc 525 single Rig kit Wiring Harness?

Notices

Anyone have a Merc 525 single Rig kit Wiring Harness?

Old 02-03-2011, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
The engine will run with the 496 harness. You will need an adapter for the main connector, you will need to cross some wires to get trim to work. You will not have gauges but the 525 has built in safe guards. You will know when you bump the rev limiter, it will beep first.
Yep, the rigger started the engine and everything looks fine but neither of us feel comfortable running the boat without the guages. We have everything that is needed to make everthing work but that one darn harness. We'll probably have it next week but here comes another weekend in Syberia instead of sunny Florida. Oh well, I should have known better than to risk a last minute engine swap.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Yep, the rigger started the engine and everything looks fine but neither of us feel comfortable running the boat without the guages. We have everything that is needed to make everthing work but that one darn harness. We'll probably have it next week but here comes another weekend in Syberia instead of sunny Florida. Oh well, I should have known better than to risk a last minute engine swap.
Would appreciate updates. I installed the new harness and the entire helm was dead. I played around quite awhile before giving up and going back to the original harness. I've driven the boat without tach, temp or oil pressure gauges for two years. I plan to try to figure out the harness again this spring. There is the main harness and a smaller gauge harness and I think I need an AGI (analog gauge interface) box to mount behind the dash. The computer must be flashed for analog gauges. It's not so easy.......
Old 02-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Well if you don't have the AGI box that's probably that problem. You need both the harness and the AGI. My boat has the AGI box so I"ll let you know how it works out when I get the harness.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Well if you don't have the AGI box that's probably that problem. You need both the harness and the AGI. My boat has the AGI box so I"ll let you know how it works out when I get the harness.
That's possible but I didn't have power to trim or ignition or anything. Like I said, I will try again this spring but any updates from you would be helpful. If the 525 didn't have built in safe guards I would not run it without gauges. It's time to get it right though. This is the last piece of the puzzle to getting my boat where I want it. BTW, you will love the HP525 EFI!