Like Tree0Likes

About ready to buy..

Old 01-31-2011, 10:02 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

My Boats: 2003 28 Pantera - SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheer Insanity View Post
I would like to be able to cruise around 70 which is why I specified the top speed.
You'll need a higher top end of 90, to be able to cruise 70.
(cruise = 3800-4200rpm).
Old 01-31-2011, 10:29 AM
Banned

My Boats: 1990 Eliminator 234 Edge, 1980 Nordic Blown Jet Boat, Rochelle Craft 20' Bowrider Jet Boat 2008 Eliminator 36' Speedster-Charter member of the "Too Damn Many Boats At One Time Club"
Default Can't wait any longer

Quote:
I appreciate it and reactly wrongly to your comment.

I have been saving and running my older Center console. I decided that my pasion for boating cannot wait any longer. I want to enjoy life while im young enough. I have 25+k cash saved up and have everything else paid off with a good business to back up my debit. I had to sell my 25 checkmate to relocate to fl. 6 years ago and have been working my butt of to get where I am. READY!

My credit is good and I shouldnt have a problem. I am just a hands on type of person and paper work, loans and secretarial stuff stresses me out badly..

I will be setting aside some time this week to look into other loan options.
I do know what you mean. I do not know how old you are, but one factor for me in moving forward with my new boat is a friend/business associate I knew who two weeks ago at 43 years old dropped dead with a heart attack, no warning at all. I am 53 and my whole life I always felt there would be another tomorrow. I now realize that there are a limited number of years that anyone can enjoy high performance boating and I did not want to miss one day. If you are ready, go get it. I am not sure how this got off track with others giving their opinion of what you can afford, but this is a part of OSO, I have found. I am a newbie here but it can be a wild place at times.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:22 PM
Registered

My Boats: 31' Active Thunder Performance Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElimiNordic View Post
I do know what you mean. I do not know how old you are, but one factor for me in moving forward with my new boat is a friend/business associate I knew who two weeks ago at 43 years old dropped dead with a heart attack, no warning at all. I am 53 and my whole life I always felt there would be another tomorrow. I now realize that there are a limited number of years that anyone can enjoy high performance boating and I did not want to miss one day. If you are ready, go get it. I am not sure how this got off track with others giving their opinion of what you can afford, but this is a part of OSO, I have found. I am a newbie here but it can be a wild place at times.
I am 36 now, grew up in the getto suburbs of Washington DC. My family and a few still lives there and havent progressed with their lives one bit.

Without a winning Lotto ticket who is ever ready for a 100,000 toy? I work hard and this is what its all been for.

I got approved at Wachovia bank today for $70,000 Good thing I didnt let all of the negitive comments bring me down, huh?
Old 01-31-2011, 07:29 PM
Registered

My Boats: 28 Powerplay - HP500

Quote:
I am 36 now, grew up in the getto suburbs of Washington DC. My family and a few still lives there and havent progressed with their lives one bit.

Without a winning Lotto ticket who is ever ready for a 100,000 toy? I work hard and this is what its all been for.

I got approved at Wachovia bank today for $70,000 Good thing I didnt let all of the negitive comments bring me down, huh?
What kind of year restrictions did they put on you? Makes a big difference if you can go back 10 years vs 5. Frankly, a properly maintained 10 year old boat is a better buy than a beat 5 year old boat for the same price in my mind......

I'll finance my little boat and don't really care what the financial wiz's here say about it. I know the time value of money, and to me the time value of boating for 3-5 years instead of saving and looking longingly from the shore is worth it. (my story would change if I had friends w/ boats to mooch from though)
Old 01-31-2011, 09:14 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlj676 View Post
What kind of year restrictions did they put on you? Makes a big difference if you can go back 10 years vs 5. Frankly, a properly maintained 10 year old boat is a better buy than a beat 5 year old boat for the same price in my mind......

I'll finance my little boat and don't really care what the financial wiz's here say about it. I know the time value of money, and to me the time value of boating for 3-5 years instead of saving and looking longingly from the shore is worth it. (my story would change if I had friends w/ boats to mooch from though)
They ran the loan for a 2003 30' baja boss. I just wanted to see if I could get approved. Came up approved. They will go older but im not sure how far. There system did not specify a year? She looked for several minutes..

I agree. I have seen several like new 2000-2001 30' boats with 500 efi's for 50,000 with 200 to 300 hours.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:42 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2002 31SS Sonic

I bet none of them were 31 sonics
Old 01-31-2011, 09:49 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmark31 View Post
I bet none of them were 31 sonics
Nope. Sonics are 10 mph slower with the same power. Not interested.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:55 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2002 31SS Sonic

Good luck sounds like you have it all figured out.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:59 PM
Registered
Trade Score: (4)

My Boats: DCB F-32

The 30 Eliminator is a nice boat. Fast, nice size cabin. Is pretty roomy. I can't remember how fast with 500's, but seems was in the 80's. They perform well. I think there was one for sale recently that looked good. High on the cool factor. Offshore performance would not be as good as Sonic......
Old 02-01-2011, 02:17 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2001 Formula Fastech 353

Quote:
Nope. Sonics are 10 mph slower with the same power. Not interested.
IMO. Sheer you won't be the fastest with the budget you've specified. 31 Sonic is a very nice boat and of course more modern than the SS (think resale). You're inadvertently slamming a lot of boats/owners with your responses.