Like Tree0Likes

About ready to buy..

Reply
Old 01-31-2011, 10:02 AM
  #51
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member
 
Stormrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Long Island, NY
My Boats: 2003 28 Pantera - SOLD
Posts: 8,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheer Insanity View Post
I would like to be able to cruise around 70 which is why I specified the top speed.
You'll need a higher top end of 90, to be able to cruise 70.
(cruise = 3800-4200rpm).
Stormrider is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:29 AM
  #52
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
My Boats: 1990 Eliminator 234 Edge, 1980 Nordic Blown Jet Boat, Rochelle Craft 20' Bowrider Jet Boat 2008 Eliminator 36' Speedster-Charter member of the "Too Damn Many Boats At One Time Club"
Posts: 811
Default Can't wait any longer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheer Insanity View Post
I appreciate it and reactly wrongly to your comment.

I have been saving and running my older Center console. I decided that my pasion for boating cannot wait any longer. I want to enjoy life while im young enough. I have 25+k cash saved up and have everything else paid off with a good business to back up my debit. I had to sell my 25 checkmate to relocate to fl. 6 years ago and have been working my butt of to get where I am. READY!

My credit is good and I shouldnt have a problem. I am just a hands on type of person and paper work, loans and secretarial stuff stresses me out badly..

I will be setting aside some time this week to look into other loan options.
I do know what you mean. I do not know how old you are, but one factor for me in moving forward with my new boat is a friend/business associate I knew who two weeks ago at 43 years old dropped dead with a heart attack, no warning at all. I am 53 and my whole life I always felt there would be another tomorrow. I now realize that there are a limited number of years that anyone can enjoy high performance boating and I did not want to miss one day. If you are ready, go get it. I am not sure how this got off track with others giving their opinion of what you can afford, but this is a part of OSO, I have found. I am a newbie here but it can be a wild place at times.
ElimiNordic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:22 PM
  #53
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fort Myers Fl./Annapolis Md.
My Boats: 31' Active Thunder Performance Fish
Posts: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElimiNordic View Post
I do know what you mean. I do not know how old you are, but one factor for me in moving forward with my new boat is a friend/business associate I knew who two weeks ago at 43 years old dropped dead with a heart attack, no warning at all. I am 53 and my whole life I always felt there would be another tomorrow. I now realize that there are a limited number of years that anyone can enjoy high performance boating and I did not want to miss one day. If you are ready, go get it. I am not sure how this got off track with others giving their opinion of what you can afford, but this is a part of OSO, I have found. I am a newbie here but it can be a wild place at times.
I am 36 now, grew up in the getto suburbs of Washington DC. My family and a few still lives there and havent progressed with their lives one bit.

Without a winning Lotto ticket who is ever ready for a 100,000 toy? I work hard and this is what its all been for.

I got approved at Wachovia bank today for $70,000 Good thing I didnt let all of the negitive comments bring me down, huh?
Sheer Insanity is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:29 PM
  #54
Registered
 
rlj676's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Royal Oak, MI
My Boats: 28 Powerplay - HP500
Posts: 1,820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheer Insanity View Post
I am 36 now, grew up in the getto suburbs of Washington DC. My family and a few still lives there and havent progressed with their lives one bit.

Without a winning Lotto ticket who is ever ready for a 100,000 toy? I work hard and this is what its all been for.

I got approved at Wachovia bank today for $70,000 Good thing I didnt let all of the negitive comments bring me down, huh?
What kind of year restrictions did they put on you? Makes a big difference if you can go back 10 years vs 5. Frankly, a properly maintained 10 year old boat is a better buy than a beat 5 year old boat for the same price in my mind......

I'll finance my little boat and don't really care what the financial wiz's here say about it. I know the time value of money, and to me the time value of boating for 3-5 years instead of saving and looking longingly from the shore is worth it. (my story would change if I had friends w/ boats to mooch from though)
rlj676 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:14 PM
  #55
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fort Myers Fl./Annapolis Md.
My Boats: 31' Active Thunder Performance Fish
Posts: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlj676 View Post
What kind of year restrictions did they put on you? Makes a big difference if you can go back 10 years vs 5. Frankly, a properly maintained 10 year old boat is a better buy than a beat 5 year old boat for the same price in my mind......

I'll finance my little boat and don't really care what the financial wiz's here say about it. I know the time value of money, and to me the time value of boating for 3-5 years instead of saving and looking longingly from the shore is worth it. (my story would change if I had friends w/ boats to mooch from though)
They ran the loan for a 2003 30' baja boss. I just wanted to see if I could get approved. Came up approved. They will go older but im not sure how far. There system did not specify a year? She looked for several minutes..

I agree. I have seen several like new 2000-2001 30' boats with 500 efi's for 50,000 with 200 to 300 hours.
Sheer Insanity is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:42 PM
  #56
Registered
 
exmark31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Mount Juliet, TN
My Boats: 2002 31SS Sonic
Posts: 154
Default

I bet none of them were 31 sonics
exmark31 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:49 PM
  #57
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fort Myers Fl./Annapolis Md.
My Boats: 31' Active Thunder Performance Fish
Posts: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmark31 View Post
I bet none of them were 31 sonics
Nope. Sonics are 10 mph slower with the same power. Not interested.
Sheer Insanity is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:55 PM
  #58
Registered
 
exmark31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Mount Juliet, TN
My Boats: 2002 31SS Sonic
Posts: 154
Default

Good luck sounds like you have it all figured out.
exmark31 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:59 PM
  #59
Registered
Trade Score: (4)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Bowling Green, Kentucky
My Boats: DCB F-32
Posts: 1,860
Default

The 30 Eliminator is a nice boat. Fast, nice size cabin. Is pretty roomy. I can't remember how fast with 500's, but seems was in the 80's. They perform well. I think there was one for sale recently that looked good. High on the cool factor. Offshore performance would not be as good as Sonic......
SkiDoc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:17 AM
  #60
Registered
 
sleek1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
My Boats: 2001 Formula Fastech 353
Posts: 1,195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheer Insanity View Post
Nope. Sonics are 10 mph slower with the same power. Not interested.
IMO. Sheer you won't be the fastest with the budget you've specified. 31 Sonic is a very nice boat and of course more modern than the SS (think resale). You're inadvertently slamming a lot of boats/owners with your responses.
sleek1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.