Like Tree0Likes

Engine Builder

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2011, 11:26 AM
  #51
Registered
 
PhantomChaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Bell Canyon, CA
My Boats: Formula FASTech 382 Sunseeker Apache 45
Posts: 12,756
Default

Phishing is not illegal, nor is posting with multiple user names (obviously) . A single user posting with multiple user names is against the OSO rules though. Most companies use some type of firewall device and a router that does address translation for protection. I know at our company (for example) we do this. To the outside world, there is one IP address, but internally there is a non routable IP addresses used. I have the same at home! So......I guess if they have a similar IT setup, there could be three different folks at Ateco that have signed up that are......posting, and they would show here on OSO as the same IP address.
PhantomChaos is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 11:50 AM
  #52
Registered
Trade Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Lake of the ozarks
My Boats: 40 Skater 607Ci 14:71 TF Kobelco
Posts: 1,234
Default

WOW UM , Wholly Crap !
I just read this,

I find it best to just talk out loud to myself
IP POLICE GOTTA LOVE EM

Last edited by thumper038; 02-25-2011 at 01:04 PM.
thumper038 is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 02:30 PM
  #53
Registered
 
Back4More's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Lake Michigan
My Boats: 353 Fastech
Posts: 6,624
Default

Since we're talking about IP's. What comes up when I post from my shop puter, then from my IPhone, and also from my home puter?
Would that show three different IP address?
Back4More is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 02:37 PM
  #54
Registered
 
PhantomChaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Bell Canyon, CA
My Boats: Formula FASTech 382 Sunseeker Apache 45
Posts: 12,756
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back4More View Post
Since we're talking about IP's. What comes up when I post from my shop puter, then from my IPhone, and also from my home puter?
Would that show three different IP address?
Yes
PhantomChaos is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 02:39 PM
  #55
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Frankfort,ill
My Boats: 40 SKATER
Posts: 12,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper038 View Post
WOW UM , Wholly Crap !
I just read this,

I find it best to just talk out loud to myself
IP POLICE GOTTA LOVE EM
ya know Thumper they have medication & padded rooms for that ...



It was only a matter of time ...LOL

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 02-25-2011 at 02:40 PM. Reason: cleaned up for Speedy
RunninHotRacing163.1 is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 02:48 PM
  #56
Registered
 
Catastrophe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,936
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomChaos View Post
Phishing is not illegal, nor is posting with multiple user names (obviously) . A single user posting with multiple user names is against the OSO rules though. Most companies use some type of firewall device and a router that does address translation for protection. I know at our company (for example) we do this. To the outside world, there is one IP address, but internally there is a non routable IP addresses used. I have the same at home! So......I guess if they have a similar IT setup, there could be three different folks at Ateco that have signed up that are......posting, and they would show here on OSO as the same IP address.
Thanks for the lesson on IP addresses.

I think the elephant in the room is what is the position of OSO re what has happened here.
Are you saying that perhaps 2 people with computors at the same address talked to one another here ? Without knowing ?

Or are you saying Oh well who gives a chit? No biggie ?
Catastrophe is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 03:17 PM
  #57
Banned
Trade Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: michigan
My Boats: 3600 Nor-tech Super Cat
Posts: 2,106
Default

I gave my daughter $5 to start a thread on the best engine builder/boat rigger in Monroe Michigan. When the IP addy comes up the same remember its not me.
brian41 is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 03:23 PM
  #58
Registered
 
Catastrophe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,936
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian41 View Post
I gave my daughter $5 to start a thread on the best engine builder/boat rigger in Monroe Michigan. When the IP addy comes up the same remember its not me.
I'm bored . I'll go back and forth for ya for $4.00

What do you want to be , the best, the fastest, the cheapest ??

Give me a heads up and I'll start a thread.
Catastrophe is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 03:45 PM
  #59
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Frankfort,ill
My Boats: 40 SKATER
Posts: 12,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post
I'm bored . I'll go back and forth for ya for $4.00

What do you want to be , the best, the fastest, the cheapest ??

Give me a heads up and I'll start a thread.
LMFAO
RunninHotRacing163.1 is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 04:34 PM
  #60
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (4)
 
Velocity Vector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Oklahoma God's country no one else wants it.
My Boats: Old Skool 35' Ocean Express Cat 1700 HP
Posts: 4,340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow View Post
For the record I have no idea who this guy is. Not me.
Gosh guys Brad said it wasn't him what more do you need?
Attached Thumbnails
Engine Builder-286270%7Ebusinessman-caught-his-pants-down-posters.jpg  

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 02-25-2011 at 04:42 PM.
Velocity Vector is offline  
Closed Thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.