Like Tree0Likes

Wanted: Performance-Boat Upgrade and Restoration Projects

Old 02-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My Boats: "Udderly Fantastic" Motion / 28 Skater 300x's / Bennington Tri-toon 350 Yam

Matt, Please consider "Dueclaws", a 40' Flat Deck Jaguar.

The total project is well documented VIA the Jaguar Forum. I'm sure there is much more supporting information available.

Another similar candidate, Hot Pursuit. Well documented by a skilled individual.

Both of those successful, Ex-Race Boats deserve recognition !!
Old 02-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Registered
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 29 PHANTOM 36 SKATER 38 POWERQUEST

This reminds of why I used to read "Hot Boat" and the likes. Always liked the how-to and project build right ups.

Be cool to do writeups on how unique models came to be - mystic, statement, RF's new models, etc.

Way to think outside the box Matt. I would offer my projects but boats will probably be obsolete by the time mine are done. lol
Old 02-12-2011, 01:00 PM
lifes a bore from shore
Platinum Member

This is a great idea for sure.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My Boats: 2009 Lip-Ship Gladiator; 1995 Cig 20

Any resoration feature would not be complete without a Lip-Ship Cigarette; the 24 Firefox that was recently completed is beyond compare and has a great story behind it as well. There are many other Lip-Ships to choose from and Phil will start an updating project on my new to me 2004 Gladiator after the boat show run is completed.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:04 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by omerta one View Post
Any resoration feature would not be complete without a Lip-Ship Cigarette; the 24 Firefox that was recently completed is beyond compare and has a great story behind it as well. There are many other Lip-Ships to choose from and Phil will start an updating project on my new to me 2004 Gladiator after the boat show run is completed.
starts with "how to install an enclosed head in a Gladiator....."

just kidding....

Any of Phil's redos are spectacular. I really liked that straight bottom gun redo.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:04 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by omerta one View Post
What do you have in mind for the Glad?
Old 02-13-2011, 12:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My Boats: 2009 Lip-Ship Gladiator; 1995 Cig 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbud35 View Post
What do you have in mind for the Glad?
You'll see...but will be done in phases as I don't want the boat out of commission for too long.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:30 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Default Restoration/Project Story Update

All,

I spent the early part of today responding to your suggestions for restoration/upgrade stories. Most of you should have received an email from me.

One reminder: If you did receive an email from me, please do not respond here or via private messaging on offshoreonly.com. The mail server/service here is too cumbersome, and doesn't have the bandwidth, for the volume of email I will have to deal with for this project and others for offshoreonly. com.

So please use the email address I sent in my email for correspondence going forward.

If you did not receive an email from me, it doesn't mean your suggestion didn't have merit or that I won't pursue it at some time. However, the people who have projects currently underway or recently finished and have not already been featured on this site are my first priority. I want to do the best job possible in bringing you fresh restoration/upgrade projects.

Thank you all for you patience. This is a substantial job and, as I said in my email to those of you who received one, I have to be organized and methodical or it will swallow me whole.

Please keep the restoration/project story ideas coming. Best,

Matt
Old 02-15-2011, 05:40 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1985 22' Velocity, 2003 38 Powerplay

Ktrons 20 cig would be a good one as well
Old 02-17-2011, 08:21 AM
Registered

My Boats: Chris craft stinger 375, Custom Baja sport 250, 24 harris flote bote

im about 80% done with a baja sport 250 that i have been meaning to do a build thread on. boat started out as a hull with no interior. no windshield, no motor and after purchase found out the stringers were mush and the transom was getting soft. been working on a custom windscreen, has a 450hp motor that started off a 330hp and has hydaulic steering going on this year.