Notices

Where to Stay in Havasu?

Old 02-15-2011, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic
Thanks everyone for all the good information. I like the idea of a house if I can find one close to the water. I am a little worried about the water on my new Herrings. What is all that about? Heavy minerals? Does it affect any of the anodizing on tunnel tabs, brackets, drives etc. How about the gel. After all this boat is brand new and I am sure I will be freaky about it until the first scratch.
Its high amounts of lye in the water. If your boat is left in for a few days it coats anything stainless with a white, chaukly coating. There is stuff that takes it off but it's a PITA I've found.

Regarding a house, just go on vrbo and you'll find a sh!t load of houses. Get an address and google map it to show you how close to the water you are but in all reality, depending in where you're launching from, it won't matter where you stay...the city isn't that big. By the way, you'll prob launch from Whindsor launch ramp (so you can check that on google maps).

Last edited by thisistank; 02-15-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No problem with the gel or the hardware. After you pull the boat out use performance boat candy or hotsauce. Boat will still look like new. On stainless I use a mix of 50/50 vinegar and distilled water. Use lake water on a towel to wipe down followed by a dry towel and hotsauce for the water spots. I have boated in Havasu for years and don't have any hard water spots on anything. Good luck and have fun. I would suggest you talk to someone about the mouth of the river. It is very shallow and you need to know how to navigate it so you don't mess up your Herring's. The water is still cold in March. The boat should be fast because of the cold water. If you don't stay right on the water I would rent a house.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:25 PM
Registered

Lots of great advice for sure. But since you bought the boat from Tim.... Just get Tim to clean it for you!
Old 02-15-2011, 04:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by patyacht
Lots of great advice for sure. But since you bought the boat from Tim.... Just get Tim to clean it for you!
Well it is coming from Portland all detailed and ready to go and then it is on me to clean it to take it home to Atlanta, I guess after I get done playing with it around Havasu.

Last edited by ElimiNordic; 02-15-2011 at 05:24 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:14 PM

Default hard water

We have a house up there, and last year I spent 65 days on the water. Pull it every afternoon, (We live 5 min. from, nauti where we launch). I just give the Stainless a shot of Diluted CLR and rinse, good to go. In the cooler months not so much water spotting. When it gets hot, spots like crazy! We will be there for DS.
Hope to see ya! Dave
Old 02-15-2011, 05:36 PM
Registered

I knew u'd appreciate that. U must have missed the smiley face.. Hell I'll clean his boat for a ride!
Old 02-15-2011, 11:00 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by blingbling
Stay at the Heat. This time of the year if the water is up you can park your boat right in back of the Heat up aganist the wall and if you stay in the suites on the lower floor your literally 20 steps from your boat. Ask the Heat about the I'm building a house in Havasu deal. Don"t tell them I told you.

Riks a light weight and he's the one throwing up in all the Nauti rooms.
Hey, you can bet your ass if I did puke, it would have been in the same spot 100's had done before me..

Hence... Rent a house...
Old 02-16-2011, 09:27 AM
Registered

Well it is coming from Portland all detailed and ready to go and then it is on me to clean it to take it home to Atlanta, I guess after I get done playing with it around Havasu.
If you need a detail in Havasu, Ron's Custom is the place to go. Amazing work. Not affiliated. Just an impressed repeat customer.

Ron's Custom Detail
(928) 680-1030
1649 Acoma Blvd W, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
Old 03-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Banned

We are now here in Havasu and the renting a house deal worked out great. We got the most beautiful home with a pool and hot tub, putting green, pool table, outdoor kitchen overlooking the water. I do not want to ever leave here. Thanks Rik for recommending the house deal!!
Old 03-04-2011, 10:48 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

We are now here in Havasu and the renting a house deal worked out great. We got the most beautiful home with a pool and hot tub, putting green, pool table, outdoor kitchen overlooking the water. I do not want to ever leave here. Thanks Rik for recommending the house deal!!
Pictures man! We need pictures!

Have fun out there, keep us posted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.