Like Tree0Likes

Make Offer!

Reply
Old 02-15-2011, 11:32 PM
  #21
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SoCal
My Boats: Eliminator
Posts: 2,228
Default

Look,, I havent bought or sold alot of boats in my life,, however im smart enought to know that NO FOOL pays full price for anything used,, however most ads say " no reasonable offered refused..." So just spend what its worth to you,, the worst the seller can say is NO.....

Nice happy meal pics RHR
PokerRun388 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:11 AM
  #22
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Desert Hills, AZ
My Boats: 2007 DCB F-29
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerRun388 View Post
Look,, I havent bought or sold ANY boats in my life,, however im not smart enought to know that NO FOOL pays full price for anything used,, however most ads say " no reasonable offered refused..." So just spend what its worth to you,, the worst the seller can say is NO.....

Nice happy meal pics RHR
I fixed your post for U!
patyacht is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:12 AM
  #23
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: LI, New York
Posts: 1,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerRun388 View Post
Look,, I havent bought or sold alot of boats in my life
Correction. You probably haven't sold any boats in your life. By the way, when you say "life", how many years are we talking here? 12? 15 at most? Did you do these deals or did you watch daddy do them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerRun388
,, however im smart enought to know that NO FOOL pays full price for anything used,,
Wrong, again. Some of those "full priced" ads you see are steals as is. Just another one of your opinionated answers (based on zero experience might I add) you're trying to state as facts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerRun388
however most ads say " no reasonable offered refused..." So just spend what its worth to you,, the worst the seller can say is NO.....
Something tells me you read that somewhere......
Mastercraft240 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:37 AM
  #24
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
My Boats: 1990 Eliminator 234 Edge, 1980 Nordic Blown Jet Boat, Rochelle Craft 20' Bowrider Jet Boat 2008 Eliminator 36' Speedster-Charter member of the "Too Damn Many Boats At One Time Club"
Posts: 811
Default Poker Run

Hi Poker,
This would be an example of the type of thread to read and enjoy but do not post unless you have personal experience to add. As a teenager, I used to hate when my grandfather gave me advice and told me how it was cause I thought I knew way more than an "old fart". He passed away without me realizing that he was actually ten times smarter than me in a subject called wisdom that I could have never known much about at a young age. I missed a chance to learn from him all he had to offer. Please don't make the same mistake. This people on this website probably have the largest collection of knowledge and wisdom about your future passion you could ever find. Don't make them mad or loose respect here. It is an asset to you if you want to be in performance boating one day .
ElimiNordic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:46 AM
  #25
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Frankfort,ill
My Boats: 40 SKATER
Posts: 12,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraft240 View Post
Correction. You probably haven't sold any boats in your life. By the way, when you say "life", how many years are we talking here? 12? 15 at most? Did you do these deals or did you watch daddy do them?

Wrong, again. Some of those "full priced" ads you see are steals as is. Just another one of your opinionated answers (based on zero experience might I add) you're trying to state as facts.

Something tells me you read that somewhere......


RunninHotRacing163.1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:15 AM
  #26
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Ptufaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Metairie, La.
Posts: 660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerRun388 View Post
Many ppl selling their used boat in todays market are desperate for money,, so get them as low as you can... Normally you'll just meet them somewhere in the middle....

Buyers market..!!!! especially if you have cash...


They also may be selling to take advantage of other deals and not out of desperation.
Ptufaro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:22 AM
  #27
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
LAriverratt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Springfield, Louisiana
My Boats: 32 Sunsation SSR, 308 skater,( #1-28 skater sold), 24' Xpress
Posts: 3,411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptufaro View Post
They also may be selling to take advantage of other deals and not out of desperation.
correct ran into that when I was buying...just let me know when you get desperate to move your MTI
LAriverratt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:25 AM
  #28
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Ptufaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Metairie, La.
Posts: 660
Default

Look at every comp available this usually gives you a good idea of what it is worth. Then make an offer based on what you are planning to do with the boat. If you just want a boat to use for a couple of years and unload understanding that you will loose some money, then look at comps that are a few years older. Nothing is in stone and different boats hold their value better than others, but this has helped me in the past.
Ptufaro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:43 AM
  #29
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
36Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cedar Rapids Iowa, LOTO, Cape Coral Fl.
My Boats: Formula 37SS, 28 Skater 300x's 2400 Bay Ranger, 20' Cigarette, 18' Charger
Posts: 1,013
Default

A boat, or anything for that matter is worth EXACTLY what the buyer is willing to give, and the seller is willing to take. As a seller, if you can make the value of the boat in the buyers eyes higher than the price you are asking, it can be a done deal. This includes giving it the best presentation possible.

To base an offer on the asking price is nuts. The seller may be asking $20,000 too much in your eyes, so offer them that. I have also run into cases where the seller underpriced what they were selling, based on the value that I put on it. If I would have followed some ridiculous "rule of thumb" I would have missed out on a great opportunity to own something that I really wanted. True value is never based on an asking price.

For credibility purposes, over the past 30 years I have bought boats, cars, houses, rentals, and companies amongst other things, and I have never felt like I have paid too much. I don't fall in love with stuff and will walk if the deal is not right for me and my needs.
36Tango is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:23 AM
  #30
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Ptufaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Metairie, La.
Posts: 660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAriverratt View Post
correct ran into that when I was buying...just let me know when you get desperate to move your MTI
Not there yet but I'm sure it wont be long
Ptufaro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.