Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Miami vs. Other Boat shows? >

Miami vs. Other Boat shows?

Notices

Miami vs. Other Boat shows?

Old 02-20-2011, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive never been to Miami,, but from reading OSO and seeing pics its completely different than anything you'll ever see out on the west coast......

Its a different lifestyle,, and the shows out west seem to be getting smaller n smaller each year.... Miami seems to be the place to be... I wanna go...!!!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2011, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Miami and Ft. Laud, shows. 2 hours to find a parking spot... Walking 2 miles to the show... 222 minutes to check out the Perf boats... 22 minutes for the rest of show.. spending 2 hours try to find the car... and I do this 2 times a year???? WHY??
22222 pairs of awsome So. Fl. legs in high heels prancing around all week.

Allways good times.

Last edited by PARADOX; 02-20-2011 at 11:37 AM.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 606 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
3rd I think you misread my comment....the Miami show is good for leftovers......being that it is in Oct/Nov every year the new stuff like at NAIAS has already been shown all over the rest of the country for months before it gets displayed in Miami 10 months later.....
OMG! I'm sorry man! Yeah, I misread it and I get a little passionate about our car show being from metro Detroit! Imported From Deeeetroit Baby!!
Old 02-20-2011, 11:40 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,172 Likes on 511 Posts

At one time, it was the largest boat show in the world--with 5 locations around Miami. It's now downsized a little bit, but it's still the boat show in the Western Hemisphere.

It's also GD expensive to participate in shows like this. I don't think the general public knows how much something like this costs.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
That MTI did hit a piling with the port side......ouch! Nothing that the paint guys can't fix. I think that was a rudder boat that makes slow speed manuevering harder.
I felt bad for the guy. I left after his fourth try. It was just too painful.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PokerRun388
Ive never been to Miami,, but from reading OSO and seeing pics its completely different than anything you'll ever see out on the west coast......

Its a different lifestyle,, and the shows out west seem to be getting smaller n smaller each year.... Miami seems to be the place to be... I wanna go...!!!!!!!!
Poker, when you grow up, make it a must. Entirely too many topless women on S Beach for a young buck.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I like Miami, but for me the two top US shows are IBEX and Ft. Lauderdale.. Genoa, IT is reported to actually be one of the largest in the world. I think you will see this year's Dubai show actually eclipse Miami.

One of the things that I noticed more this year was the amount of Chinese vendors selling directly at Miami.. ie, trailer parts...etc.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Miami show is that good..
Afterpartys are even better..
Old 02-22-2011, 04:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 613 Likes on 179 Posts

My first time to the Miami boat show and let me say it is not like any boat show i have been to before.
Just the amount of boats there is staggering. Being able to talk with the owners of the companies was pretty cool also. I met Vic from Formula/ Joe from Hustler/ Skip from Cigarette. but then you put in the night life and it is kind of like Vegas and Havasu combined plus ten.
Parties everywhere and i have never seen so many beautiful women, even at three in the morning ( yes Three in the morning ) they are all over the place.
Then you throw in the boating and it is really over the top. Nice run down to Key Largo for some Ahi tuna sandwiches and few rum runner drinks ( Thanks Tim and Mike)
All the time enjoying the 80 degree temp and no humidity.

My liver has had some serious damage but wow it was a good time.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DirtyJerz
With so many people making their way to Miami this weekend, it makes me wonder.......... Is the Miami boat show that much better than the other shows in the US or is it so popular b/c of the location, first show of the year, etc.??? I have been to the LA, Pomona/Ontario and Long Beach shows a couple years ago and thought they were good, but just dont have anything to compare it to.

In terms of the amount of companies, boats, booths, etc. does LA / LB compare or are they all taking a backseat to the Miami Show?
I would say Miami is biggest for the US/Americas and Genova Italy for Europe and most of the rest of the world.
Thank you
jim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.