Best Single Engine Cat Design

Notices

Best Single Engine Cat Design

Old 02-22-2011, 10:09 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,067 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja555
You know it's crazy that the MODERATORS wont do something about Pecker Run388 making statements about serious things he know nothing about. It could mean alot of money or a safety factor to anyone who unknowingly listens to him... With that said.. If you are in ILL and boat in rough conditions, wou really want something with a true tunnel, not a pod boat..They do not handle rough water well and will get you in trouble fast.. The problem is there aren't many single engine true cats...Cobra made 1. A copy of a shadow with limited success.. i believe Express does a single 28 also.
Agree with all of that 100%
Old 02-22-2011, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by bobl
We've got a nice 28 Daytona in the classifieds. http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o37614-en.html

This boat handles great, planes nicely and will run 100.
Nice looking ride, Bob.

Bert, good luck in your search. Can't wait to see what you end up with in the cove this summer. Those RPM's are a nice piece.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You know it's crazy that the MODERATORS wont do something about Pecker Run388 making statements about serious things he know nothing about. It could mean alot of money or a safety factor to anyone who unknowingly listens to him... With that said.. If you are in ILL and boat in rough conditions, wou really want something with a true tunnel, not a pod boat..They do not handle rough water well and will get you in trouble fast.. The problem is there aren't many single engine true cats...Cobra made 1. A copy of a shadow with limited success.. i believe Express does a single 28 also.
+ 2

I'm not a fan of the pod boats for bigger water and singles dont really work all that well on a true tunnel. If you're stuck on having a single and will be boating in rougher water, consider a vee IMO.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

RPM is an awesome ride. Never driven one, but have been on one; the quality, design, etc is top notch. If I were in the market for a cat this size that would be my first look.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:28 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The moderators are in a caged death match over it right now. On one side it "could" be dangerous or at least ill-advised if someone took advice from him that was not correct, but on the other hand you could say that about almost any poster on here. Everyone needs to do their homework when taking "interadvice" (TM) . That said, his post count is getting up there and it makes him LOOK like he has something going on.

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Agree with all of that 100%

It's funny, because it is the great participation from younger guys like you and LS2 and others that I think makes us want to give younger guys more of a break. I know I wish my kids were more involved in the sport and think it's cool when a younger guy has the will and desire to learn and participate. You will eventually be the people that move this sport or what's left of it, forward.

My public plea to pokerrun388, as a long time member. Just stop the posts making it sound like you have experience with this boat or that. I know you think by subtly injecting "knowledge" into your posts it will do something for your online "status" . But I can tell you that after the Sunkin fiasco there are a lot of people that are DONE with posers and will just continue to bash until you are gone, ask mini-hawk Sam. Oh, that's right, you can't, because he is GONE. Ask a small amount of questions, read all you want, give a thumbs up now and then, hell go over to one of the social threads and blab all day long, but trying to gain credibility by making small innocuous comments that make it sound like you have personal experience is a REALLY BAD IDEA. On this forum, at this time.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ted G
The moderators are in a caged death match over it right now. On one side it "could" be dangerous or at least ill-advised if someone took advice from him that was not correct, but on the other hand you could say that about almost any poster on here. Everyone needs to do their homework when taking "interadvice" (TM) . That said, his post count is getting up there and it makes him LOOK like he has something going on.

It's funny, because it is the great participation from younger guys like you and LS2 and others that I think makes us want to give younger guys more of a break. I know I wish my kids were more involved in the sport and think it's cool when a younger guy has the will and desire to learn and participate. You will eventually be the people that move this sport or what's left of it, forward.

My public plea to pokerrun388, as a long time member. Just stop the posts making it sound like you have experience with this boat or that. I know you think by subtly injecting "knowledge" into your posts it will do something for your online "status" . But I can tell you that after the Sunkin fiasco there are a lot of people that are DONE with posers and will just continue to bash until you are gone, ask mini-hawk Sam. Oh, that's right, you can't, because he is GONE. Ask a small amount of questions, read all you want, give a thumbs up now and then, hell go over to one of the social threads and blab all day long, but trying to gain credibility by making small innocuous comments that make it sound like you have personal experience is a REALLY BAD IDEA. On this forum, at this time.
100% agree
Old 02-22-2011, 10:40 AM
Registered

BTW Sam aka Mini hawk is not gone. He is on this site alive and well. He has learned to keep his posts to a minimum and listen. Keep Sam out of your commonts when you dont know what your talking about. Period
Old 02-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SVL-WARLOCK
BTW Sam aka Mini hawk is not gone. He is on this site alive and well. He has learned to keep his posts to a minimum and listen. Keep Sam out of your commonts when you dont know what your talking about. Period

Sorry, I really have not had the time or desire to keep up with the Sam chronicles. He is on and off again so much he should have his own section. He has benefited from the same thing I stated, I think most member WANT to have younger guys on the board learning and even interacting, but games and poser posting are not tolerable. We spent a TON of time on him over at Serious and he is not my problem over here. And trust me when I tell you I know EXACTLY what I am talking about.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:56 AM
Registered

everyone of us has been inexperienced at one point in time..The difference is that most of us , watched, listened ,and learned .. that has gotten us all where we are today.. Sure none of us know everything and thats why we ask others that do..The problem arises when we ask something of people more experienced than us , and a kid that not everyone knows is a kid gives an answer as factual knowledge.. because he read it or heard it... thats not experience...that can or could get another inexperienced person in trouble.. where do you draw the line.?
Old 02-22-2011, 11:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SVL-WARLOCK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.