Young Performance Marine -- A Dying Breed

Notices

Young Performance Marine -- A Dying Breed

Old 02-28-2011, 07:39 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Oh, I almost forgot......I did not start this thread, I don't personally know the person that started this thread, nor did it start from the same IP address as mine.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
LMAO..... Should I check the IP or are you telling the truth!
Old 02-28-2011, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to agree Eddie answered a email about my small block vortec heads and setup and said call any time if i need help. Now i want to bring my boat from ct to him to do the work.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

this thread needs to slow down.....compliments raise the hourly rate all seriousness though eddie is exceptional at what he does and has great people skills. It's not often you find someone in business who can handle both. I can also tell you he will not let anything leave his shop until it is working perfectly...no matter how bad you want it back lol
Old 02-28-2011, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector
I carry a Eddie Young doll on the dash of my boat. One time his little head fell off when I jumped a wave. I stopped as quick as I could and turned off my engines to fix him but a kept hearing a reving noise. I looked down inside his neck into his head and there was a little bitty V-8 in there turning at least 9,000 RPM's. Brings me good luck....
Does anyone sell a Eddie Young blow up doll??? I'd like to have him on board in case my engine's need tuning or i need someone to talk to. Chicks would dig it.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Does anyone sell a Eddie Young blow up doll??? Chicks would dig it.
NO....all the chicks would want to hump it.
It come 2 ways.....both are lifelike and anatomically correct. One is the tripod version and the other is a 2 legger with a kickstand.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SpeedGirl
LMAO..... Should I check the IP or are you telling the truth!
I learned long ago that I'm a terrible liar. I can't lie to save my life, so I just don't do it.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:17 PM
Registered

If I may ask, Eddie where did you get your training?
Old 03-01-2011, 11:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by drpete3
If I may ask, Eddie where did you get your training?
I grew up with my family racing inboard hydoplanes since before I was born. As soon as I was able to walk, I was in the shop helping my dad and asking questions. When I was 15, we got a blown alcohol flatbottom. The engine was a little over our head, so we contacted a local engine builder and boat racer. Shortly after at the age of 15, I started working for that builder. I worked for him off and on (more on than off) for the next 15 years. After I realized that I wasn't going any further, I went out on my own. I wanted to get into efi and the builder I worked for wanted nothing to do with it. I knew that efi would dominate some day and I didn't want to be left behind.
After losing everything in Katrina, I pick up the pieces and moved to TN. I have had the good fortune of having some great people help me along the way with questions that I had. That's why I am so eager to help others. I love to read and will read anything I can get my hands on. I love to learn, so a bunch of what I know was learned through either reading or self taught. Some was learned through trail and error. I don't mind doing some research before I build an engine for the first time. The first Quad Rotor engine I built was built on paper and researched for 6 months before I ever bought the first part, and it turned out just as expected.
I don't pretend to know it all and I still learns things on a regular basis. That's what keeps it fun.
Thanks everyone for the support and kind words.
Eddie
Old 03-02-2011, 06:10 AM
Registered

i called eddie about a pair of 548s that i am building to make sure that i was on the correct track with my parts selection. he spent atleast half of a hour talking to me and confirmed that my cam,heads,etc were correct for where i wanted to be. he was awesome !!!! i told him that i wanted to pay him for his time, but he said that there was no charge. i think that says alot about eddie as a person.