Like Tree0Likes

Buy or can I do better

Reply
Old 02-26-2011, 01:36 PM
  #41
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
My Boats: CIGARETTE TOP GUN
Posts: 3,068
Default

i would skip on baja just my opinion...for 28k or so not a lot of boat can be purchased. definitely looking at a single engine sub 30' boat for sure.
1MOSES1 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:09 PM
  #42
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 210
Default

Some good, some not so good advice. Some just taking shots at Poker, not sure why, guess just some have to.

Things to consider/do when looking at a boat.
1. List where you will boat most of time, some limited time and places you might boat in the future. A good river boat may not work well on a large lake (rough choppy conditions, if plan to go in ocean consider closed cooling or plan for heavy cleaning after every trip.)
2. How many people will be going with, any over night plans, open or enclosed head etc.
3. Have a tow truck that can safely get where you want to go. Does tow vehicle need seating for several adults/children?
4. Search, search, search on line for boats of interest.
5. If at all possible take a test ride.
6. I would not buy a boat that I could not see in person.
7. Get a survey for your final selection. (Not a dealer or owner provided survey/surveyor!)
8. In current economy do not pay asking price.

Good hunting.
Sport 280 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:34 PM
  #43
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
offshoredrillin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Maryland
My Boats: 00 Cig Tiger,74 Cig 20'
Posts: 10,945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja555 View Post
It's amazing .. He keeps going and going...And they do nothing about it... Almost like they condone it..
Guys look, the mods aren't condoning anything. Whether or not any of us like what he posts, although very annoying he hasn't broken any rules. Feel free to let him know how you guys feel , but dont start assuming anything with the mods please, I think they do a great job.
offshoredrillin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:07 PM
  #44
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Syracuse NY
My Boats: 1988 sonic 30ss
Posts: 218
Default

http://http://www.boattrader.com/lis...owler-97230893

Last edited by andyt25; 02-26-2011 at 03:09 PM.
andyt25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:08 PM
  #45
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 210
Default

Quote:
dead link?
Sport 280 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:10 PM
  #46
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: new york
Posts: 166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport 280 View Post
Some good, some not so good advice. Some just taking shots at Poker, not sure why, guess just some have to.

Things to consider/do when looking at a boat.
1. List where you will boat most of time, some limited time and places you might boat in the future. A good river boat may not work well on a large lake (rough choppy conditions, if plan to go in ocean consider closed cooling or plan for heavy cleaning after every trip.)
2. How many people will be going with, any over night plans, open or enclosed head etc.
3. Have a tow truck that can safely get where you want to go. Does tow vehicle need seating for several adults/children?
4. Search, search, search on line for boats of interest.
5. If at all possible take a test ride.
6. I would not buy a boat that I could not see in person.
7. Get a survey for your final selection. (Not a dealer or owner provided survey/surveyor!)
8. In current economy do not pay asking price.

Good hunting.
thanks ill try to give you a little more info.
1-i will mostly be on a big lake.lake champlain and some river time.
2-will be 2-5 people.
3-have a 2500hd crew cad for tow vehicle
fctyson0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:12 PM
  #47
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Syracuse NY
My Boats: 1988 sonic 30ss
Posts: 218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport 280 View Post
dead link?
I don't know it just wouldn't come up just go to their site
andyt25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:18 PM
  #48
Registered
 
DirtyMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Murrayville, GA
My Boats: 368 Skater, 33 Scarab AVS(Sold), Fountain 48EC Yanmar/Arneson, Deep Impact 33LS
Posts: 3,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshoredrillin View Post
Guys look, the mods aren't condoning anything. Whether or not any of us like what he posts, although very annoying he hasn't broken any rules. Feel free to let him know how you guys feel , but dont start assuming anything with the mods please, I think they do a great job.
Very well put! Mastercraft240 has it out for the kid and must search his username on the hour to comment on something right after him. Everyone should leave the kid alone because everyone on here gives there opinion on what someone should buy but in the end the buyer can only make that decision himself.
DirtyMoney is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:17 PM
  #49
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: new york
Posts: 166
Default

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...&&ywo=miboats&


any thoughs on this boat or anyone know it?
fctyson0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:41 PM
  #50
Registered
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sudbury Ontario
My Boats: 05 PQ Avenger Poker Run Edition 525EFI's
Posts: 2,771
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fctyson0 View Post
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...&&ywo=miboats&


any thoughs on this boat or anyone know it?
I don't know anything on that particular boat but having 3 years seat time in one I can tell you they are a nice riding boat.
Having discussed the 280 Silencer at great lengths here, the 502 equipped many are claiming 68-70 mph...and some more speed.
The boat is a big 28, actually 27'-7" long to be exact.
Good freeboard height, the cuddy is relatively deep, good sized v birth although not a lot of head room ( you can't sit up on the bed) altogether a very well built boat.
Lots of storage under the hatch, rear seat, the closet in the cuddy holds a lot as well as a huge and I mean huge glove box.
This boat has been for sale for a long time , price has dropped, owner at this point should be motivated.
I have hundreds of pics of my boat I could send you for details and reference.- just sold it last month!!

The bimini and camper enclosure is a bonus imo.
verbi69 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.