Notices

Miami Boating

Old 03-15-2011, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wigginout
Thanks for the invite and I believe having any boat in Fl qualifies as awesome. My girl lives in Boca. Try to get down every couple of weeks. My business is in SC but hope to be full time one day. Just hope I'm not 70.
Why? You'll be one of the young'uns then!

Old 03-15-2011, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wigginout
Thanks for the invite and I believe having any boat in Fl qualifies as awesome. My girl lives in Boca. Try to get down every couple of weeks. My business is in SC but hope to be full time one day. Just hope I'm not 70.
I did the move at 32, been 9 years already, My wife(girlfriend at the time went to school at FAU), and I did the flights back and forth for a few years myself. I am currently doing some major work at the house, and havent been running the boat, but will be done soon, I'll let ya know when we are gonna go out.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GoFastScott

Hey Scott,

I live out west with the poor folk, not the grey folk I lived in Lauderdale for a bit when I first moved down, but had to get out of Broward, my first night in FL my moving truck was broken into, moved further north, even though I worked in Hollywood, worked out for the best as my job is now in Palm Beach Gardens. We really need to get a meetup for all the locals, so many south floridians on OSO that have not met.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:49 AM
Charter Member #928
Charter Member

Originally Posted by GoFastScott

Yea, takes getting used to the blue hairs. They're a lil different down here. Mean as s*** and must drive by guessing. Hope they don't boat.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Since your picking it up in Ft Myers a good spot would be from Sanibel out to Cabbage key, it is on the inside, but at WOT, so your protected, but get to haul azz. See my video below, this is heading North just past cabbage key, but you can run the whole way, about 25 - 30 miles. If you get over to the east coast of FL let me know, and maybe we can meet up for a
I will keep that in mind for sure! I have a buddy in Pompano so we may go over, but we are contimplating staying on the west side of FL. I am not so sure we want to make a 60 mile round trip the first day in a boat we dont know, in waters we dont know. haha but then again what better way to learn! haha.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mittens
I will keep that in mind for sure! I have a buddy in Pompano so we may go over, but we are contimplating staying on the west side of FL. I am not so sure we want to make a 60 mile round trip the first day in a boat we dont know, in waters we dont know. haha but then again what better way to learn! haha.
Get Sea tow, or boatUS and a GPS, no problem. The only problem with Pomapano its all no wake on the inside right now(unless you go up north a bit), and ya never know how rought the outside is gonna be until that day.