Lonseal Floor Project Pics >

Lonseal Floor Project Pics

Notices

Lonseal Floor Project Pics

Old 05-22-2002, 01:03 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Iggy...OSO member Miami has the same floor in his. He's had it for over 600 hours and he says its still great. Every floor manufacturer has said the same thing, but many manufacturers still put it in their boats. I think that on a relative scale, these boats see 40-70 hours a year on the average, and what percentage does the floor get direct sun (clouds, shadows, morning or evening use). I'm not sweating it. Maybe Miami will add his opinions. Pirelli says the same thing and you see it in Cigs, Panteras, Progressions, etc...
Old 05-22-2002, 02:16 PM
Charter Member #971
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The flooring looks great, you did a really nice job from the pics. I think I'm going to try the Activa HP which I believe is the new name for Pirelli. They have the bright red color I want and like you said the stuff is used in other boats and doesn't seem to be an issue as far as exterior use. I was thinking about that, but like was said, "how much actual sun does the boat see in a year?

For those of you who have used the Pirelli, did you have any trouble with it fading on bright colors? and if so how much sun did it recieve and how long did it last?

A question for you Indy, how did you do it? did you make a template out of something first and then cut off the template? and what did you use to cut it?

Les

Last edited by Niuhi; 05-22-2002 at 02:19 PM.
Old 05-22-2002, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Niuhi
The flooring looks great, you did a really nice job from the pics. I think I'm going to try the Activa HP which I believe is the new name for Pirelli. They have the bright red color I want and like you said the stuff is used in other boats and doesn't seem to be an issue as far as exterior use. I was thinking about that, but like was said, "how much actual sun does the boat see in a year?

For those of you who have used the Pirelli, did you have any trouble with it fading on bright colors? and if so how much sun did it recieve and how long did it last?

Les
I would worry about red flooring being hot on your bare feet.
Old 05-22-2002, 02:21 PM
Charter Member #971
Charter Member

Good point, I recieved a sample from Activa, maybe I should leave it out somewhere hot like on the roof and see just how hot it gets.

Les
Old 05-22-2002, 02:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you try leaving it in the sun, don't test it with you hand, use your feet they're more sensitive.
My interior/sun pad vinyl has teal colored sections and I can't walk or sit on it after ten min exposure to the sun. I can guess what red feels like.
Old 05-22-2002, 03:17 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Niuhi...Attached is a picture of the template I made for the floor. It is 1/8" lauan plywood. It cuts easy with a sharp utility knife and can be fine tuned with sandpaper for close and accurate fit. When I dry fitted the floor, it was perfect the first time. Once you lay out the template to the exact fit, you can hot glue it together and take it out of the boat and lay it on top of your flooring. I traced the template onto the floor with a marker and cut the inside edge of the line. I used a sharp utility knife to cut the floor. One other note...I received samples of Activa also, but the coins were smooth. Did you get something else? The Lonseal Loncoin II coins are textured so they will be better for non slip purposes.
Attached Thumbnails Lonseal Floor Project Pics-template.jpg  
Old 05-22-2002, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Guys,
As one of the largest flooring contractors in the country, If you need samples, or pricing on Lonseal Vinyl flooring, or Pirelli Rubber flooring, let me know.
Old 05-22-2002, 04:00 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Hey Andrew...there you are, I figured you'd show up here at some point. Thanks for the Activa samples, I appreciate your help. I liked the Lonseal better and went with that. See you this summer at one of the runs...Steve (I'll be the boat watching your transom until you get too far ahead )
Old 05-23-2002, 12:13 AM
Charter Member #971
Charter Member

Indy, your right they are smooth. I don't mind that though it seems like when it gets wet you don't loose any traction. Thanks for the pic thats a great idea. I had thought about doing it in a poster board and going from there, I'll have to try you template.

I'll have to see how hot it is on the feet, hopejully not too hot.

ActiveFun thanks, I'll do that.

Thanks
Les