Notices

Spudguns

Old 05-21-2002, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spudguns

OK,

What is the best one? I looked at www.spudgun.com & it looked good, but wanted to check here before buying....

Is the rifled barrel worth it??
Old 05-21-2002, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I've always had good luck just making my own. I have seen the rifled one on spudguns.com, it looks interesting. I seem to be getting about 150 yds out of mine with pretty good accuracy. It'll do for me.

Buck
Old 05-21-2002, 08:15 PM
Registered

It's tempting to make my own, but I have been told that by the time you buy all of the necessary PVC pipe, couplers, etc.... you almost spend the same amount of money that they charge for the complete gun. The problem is that you need to buy a full piece of pipe when you only need a foot or so...

Rifled barrel could work well for pesky jetskiers......(J/K!!)
Old 05-21-2002, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Just ask around at the local plumbing supply for some left over PVC that no one is using. I had some pieces given to me. I think I had around $20-$25 in mine when I got done. That's with an ignitor too.

If you want a good idea for an ignitor, just let me know. I've got one that works awesome!!

Buck
Old 05-21-2002, 08:59 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I built this one:

Air Cannon

And it works great The air powered ones are also thought to be safer due to the controlled pressure and no explosions It is also about 2 times more powerful than the hairspray type We use a scuba tank with just a first stage attached to fill it-no fuss, no muss.
Old 05-21-2002, 09:20 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

i've been biulding them for years. I perfected the art while summering in Belize central america. I used to work on an archaeological dig during the summer (field school)and thier wasn't much else to do except get ****faced and shoot spuds at cows from a 150 yards out.

you shodul be abel to get all the parts you need to make it at home depot for like 50 bucks. Last summe rI hade a HUG one. 8' barrel 3 1/2' chamber. powered by aqua net and mapp gas. It was pretty neat we had a whole "injector system" so the aqua net and mapp mixxes evently in eth chamber. FYI get the battery powered BBQ ignited works much better than the manual ones.
Old 05-23-2002, 02:00 AM
Charter Member #590
Charter Member

Go to www.spudtech.com They have awesome directions to make your own. I made thier standard gun and can launch potatos 575-600 feet easy! I wish I had bought one of their rifled barrels though. I hear they are good for even more distance.

They're a huge adult kid toy. The only legal "canon' you can own.

SPUDTECH Website

Happy Spud Gunning!!!

Last edited by Laveyman; 05-23-2002 at 02:45 AM.