Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

still trying to put a crew together ,,,,
Old 04-04-2011, 06:44 PM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 20outlaw
i shall be running in the slow group, looking forward to it... Matt hope you can make it, should be a good time.
Me too but this project is going slower than expected. Hope to be pulling the block out this weekend and starting on the rebuild. Still planning for a finish time around the first of May but I still have a lot to do. The good news is my stereo is about finished. Machine shop has slowed me down on the motor work.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Registered

I've trying to get ready for this run. Dang machine shop put me behind 2 months. Just started assembling the motor with limited progress. So far the crank is installed, then had to wait on piston ring filer, now the pistons are in, roller cam, timing chain, started installing the heads and broke a Manely head bolt, took head off and removed broke bolt, now waiting on ARP head bolts to arrive, went ahead and degreed the cam in, should be 112 actual is 109, now waiting on a Cloyes adjustable timing chain so it can be advanced 3 degrees.
Thats my progress so far. Got a long ways to go but one way or another it will be ready.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pantera572
Any slower boats attending? From what I've seen so far I could be riding along by myself! and I don't know the lake....
We have a class just for you guys a 25 outlaw with a stock 496 is starting your class all you guys will run together
My first boat was a 26 scarub we have made room for you guys to have your own run
Old 04-05-2011, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I like that positive attitude!! Get that bad boy ready!!
I'll wont be running with the super fast group either...i may outrun Gerald a few times....thats really my only goal for the day LOL!!!

Originally Posted by Hard Charger
I've trying to get ready for this run. Dang machine shop put me behind 2 months. Just started assembling the motor with limited progress. So far the crank is installed, then had to wait on piston ring filer, now the pistons are in, roller cam, timing chain, started installing the heads and broke a Manely head bolt, took head off and removed broke bolt, now waiting on ARP head bolts to arrive, went ahead and degreed the cam in, should be 112 actual is 109, now waiting on a Cloyes adjustable timing chain so it can be advanced 3 degrees.
Thats my progress so far. Got a long ways to go but one way or another it will be ready.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Registered

If you start with the 65mph group do you have to stay behind the pace boat the entire way? Also if the stock Baja is running 65 ,which is just about wide open, does it have the range to cover this course. My range is questionable with just twin 50 gallon tanks.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It is a nice run for all boats. If I did not have a prior commitment, I would not hesitate to bring my little 18 foot Donzi.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Heck no you don't have to stay behind him. We are just having him start the group, once he gets past the congestion of the dam area, you are free to go!

He most likely will make the second stop of the run his first. You are more than welcome to do the same.

QUOTE=Hard Charger;3369314]If you start with the 65mph group do you have to stay behind the pace boat the entire way? Also if the stock Baja is running 65 ,which is just about wide open, does it have the range to cover this course. My range is questionable with just twin 50 gallon tanks.[/QUOTE]
Old 04-07-2011, 05:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic
Steven,
You could not imagine how nice and green it is. Big wide water with great people, friendly people. One day a couple of years ago, I broke down due to crap in my gas tank.

A guy from the shore saw us drifting and fired up his boat and came out to tow us to his private dock. He then threw me the keys to his car so my wife and I could drive down the river 50 miles and get my truck/trailer to tow my boat home! He had to go to a party, so he told me to make myself at home and just leave the keys! This was a total stranger!

There are no more friendly people in the country than the Tennessee crowd. Dan

I can't tell you how many times we have helped people and one another out
We have loaned trailers, drives and some times woman
Lol
Old 04-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Registered

speaking of that, Gerald im gonna need your girlfriends number incase mine cant make it down with me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.