Like Tree0Likes

OSO get together for Smoke on the Water weekend?

Old 06-08-2002, 01:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2001 Daytona 26, 1992 SCARAB 34, 1989 25 Checkmate Convincer, 1977 Glastron Carlson CVX 18

PLAYN - Why arn't you bringing the boat? I too will be in GH Sat. morning.
Old 06-08-2002, 07:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: A boat?....What boat??? How about a galvarnized warsh tub wit a toranady strapped own da rear!

Well gang, I was at SOTW Saturday night and they've certainly got a lot of nice looking hardware sitting in the water. Saw the rig that "TomCat" pulls his boat with---geeze that thing is unreal---I mean what a set-up! Going back to Grand Haven this AM to watch them all take off. I saw Wally's boat "Stress Test" sitting there. Lots of cats in the run. Lake Michigan is flatter than a board! Some of these boats can really sing a tune too boy! I hope everyone has a fun and safe time.
Old 06-09-2002, 10:16 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

My Boats: 1993 Sonic 31ss

Well we had a great time!!!watched them leave G.H and run into Muskegon, hung out about 1.5 miles south of Muskegons channel and watched them Fly by!!!!!and Mark it was a long way from flat!!!!!Id call it 3-5's but what a show!
Don
and by the way the wife says she aint watching next year!!!!I got the green light to run!
Old 06-10-2002, 12:14 AM
Registered

My Boats: 1998 PowerQuest 240 Antera SX

Green light to run? Cool, someone else to cheer for
Old 06-10-2002, 12:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: A boat?....What boat??? How about a galvarnized warsh tub wit a toranady strapped own da rear!

Dyno, I made a mistake/typo actually refering to the lake being as "flat as a board" on FRIDAY evening vs. Saturday. Plus I know that it's usually much more choppy around the harbor entrances. When I was down at Saugatuck it sure looked like 1-2 footers out there---very close chop and I was watching the waves break right on the beach and there wasn't anything to the size of them. It sure looked like 1-2's down that way---it usually gets calmer as you go south on some days. But hey I could be totally wrong--I know the waves can be decieving unless you;re actually out there in the water.

Last edited by KAAMA; 06-10-2002 at 12:39 AM.
Old 06-10-2002, 09:20 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by KAAMA
Dyno, I made a mistake/typo actually refering to the lake being as "flat as a board" on FRIDAY evening vs. Saturday. Plus I know that it's usually much more choppy around the harbor entrances. When I was down at Saugatuck it sure looked like 1-2 footers out there---very close chop and I was watching the waves break right on the beach and there wasn't anything to the size of them. It sure looked like 1-2's down that way---it usually gets calmer as you go south on some days. But hey I could be totally wrong--I know the waves can be decieving unless you;re actually out there in the water.
KAAMA,

I have a friend with a place on the lake just south of Douglas. Early Saturday morning he refered to the lake as "calm" but I know it doesn't take long for the conditions to change. I was in GH and it looked like it was picking up.