Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OSO get together for Smoke on the Water weekend? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/24922-oso-get-together-smoke-water-weekend.html)

Intolerant1 05-21-2002 10:40 PM

OSO get together for Smoke on the Water weekend?

I will be with some friends in South Haven Michigan the weekend of the Smoke on the Water poker run. We plan on watching the boats come by near South Haven or Saugatuk and then spending some time partying maybe at the cove on the river by Saugatuk. If anyone else would like to meet up let me know. We will be in the water all weekend.

Playn 05-21-2002 10:59 PM

We could be up for that.

Anybody else??

Mr Gadgets 05-21-2002 11:10 PM

I am up for that if my boat is running.. Saugatuck is in my back yard..
What is the date on that run any way??

Thanks
Dick

Tinkerer 05-21-2002 11:14 PM

I too would go - when is it?

Playn 05-21-2002 11:16 PM

June 7 & 8

http://www.smokeonthewaterpokerrun.com

26scarab 05-21-2002 11:18 PM

My girlfriend and I along with another couple will be there , to spectate and ride along if we can . I will be in there boat and am staying somewhere in Holland .
I would definitly like to try and hook up with some people. We have no clue about the area so we will be following

MACTONITE 05-22-2002 03:17 PM

HE Y 26 SCARAB

I AM COMING TO THE RUN WITH MY 29 POWERQUEST, NOT SURE IF WERE GOING TO DO THE POKER RUN OR JUST BOAT AROUND THE AREA AND HANG OUT. I WAS TOLD THAT WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO PURCHASE A WRIST BAND FOR $150 A PERSON WHICH ENTITLES YOU TO ALL THE BENEFITS OF THE RUN ACCEPT PARTICIPATING IN THE OFFICIAL POKER RUN. MIGHT BE A GOOD WAY TO GO! YOU CAN REACH ME AT 248-866-2530. I HAVE SOME CONNECTIONS IN GRAND HAVEN TO HELP GUIDE US BEGINNERS...
MICHAEL

Rambunctious 05-22-2002 03:47 PM

Waterfoul, and I will be there with our "SEA100 Powerboat club" from our work. hanging around a fellow sea100 member who is the Holland card stop, then trying to get directly to Grand Haven before the fast boats do via South Haven , and Whitehall, . LOL

Charlie, the Holland card stop, only got 9 miles north of Holland (1/2 way to Grand Haven) after passing out his last card. when the front runners passed him!! THEY HAD ALREADY BEEN TO SOUTH HAVEN, PICKED UP THIER CARDS, AND PASSED HIM AT 140+, OUTRUNNING THE HELICOPTERS

.... COOL.....:cool:

hail OSO members on channel 69 "with the fishermen"

dyno 05-22-2002 08:45 PM

hey macktonite where did you hear that? I might throw $150 to attend the festivities.....what about it Boat me is that deal legit?
anyone want to hook up at the northern end of the run?I will be in whitelake all weekend....

BTJ88 05-22-2002 09:54 PM

I will be hanging out somewhere - probably north part (G.H. or Whitehall) Currently boatless so will be observing land.:(

I also thought about being a volunteer. I think it would be fun plus, you get full access as a volunteer.:cool: Waiting to hear back from BoatMe.

It would be great to get together somewhere during the weekend.

Brian

Intolerant1 05-22-2002 10:05 PM

Theres no stop in Saugatuk but the little cove on the river would be a great place to meet after the run. Usually some pretty good partying going on there as well. Calm water and not too far from everywhere. We have a place in S.H. so we will likely watch the boats from that area.

Our boat is white/marroon Liberator named Miss Demeanor if you see us.

MitchStellin 05-22-2002 10:29 PM

I plan on being there. June 7 & 8 is too close. The water is only 45 deg and by then it might be 50. The wind chill factor will be -20 at 100mph. I hope you bring a helmut. Last year we were about 40 deg warmer. We were about 100 feet from Tom Cat when he blew by at 140mph "just cruising" man that is fast.

Red Stripe 05-23-2002 02:31 AM

We will be out and about as well for the run. Not sure where yet but probably around Grand Haven to Muskegon area. Anyone going to be around there? I would be great to have a little get together to hang out!

Playn 05-23-2002 07:22 AM

We can meet anywhere in the area as the wife has family in Grand Haven and we have friends between South Haven and Douglas. I don't know if we'll bring the boat over or not though, but it would be nice to get together with OSO people

jafo 05-23-2002 07:53 AM

We would definitely like to see the run- our AT is still in Holland, so meeting up with you folks would be fairly easy.

Intolerant- where are you at in no. IL? we'll have to get together this summer.
Jim

RonS 05-23-2002 09:29 AM

Since all of you are going to be there anyhow, why don't some of you buddy up and enter the run, that would help minimize the cost. Not sure who's got what for boats but if mactonite's got a 29 powerquest and Jafo's 28 Active thunder thats at least eight of you that could split costs for the run in those two boats.

Just a thought:)

Intolerant1 05-23-2002 01:37 PM

Jafo, we are in Streamwood. Boat on the lake, the chain, Illinois river, Lake Geneva. Anytime you want I'm ready to go out boating. Im off all summer :cool:

cardshark 388 05-23-2002 06:49 PM

We are in the Poker Run.We are coming over on Thursday am. meeting up with Boathead and plan on sight seeing and partying on Thursday and Friday.We are staying on our boat so look us up. We have a 38 Hustler and Boathead has a 38 Powerquest. We can all get together and have a great time. Hope to see you all there.
Mrs. Cardshark

BTJ88 05-23-2002 08:37 PM

Cardshark, where will you be docked at?

cardshark 388 05-23-2002 09:17 PM

BTJ88
Have not gotten our well number from Marc yet. We are at the Grand Haven Marnia. As soon as we get it I will post so you can stop by and say Hi. Look forward to seeing you.
Mrs. Cardshark

Red Stripe 05-24-2002 12:50 AM

Originally posted by RonS
Since all of you are going to be there anyhow, why don't some of you buddy up and enter the run, that would help minimize the cost. Not sure who's got what for boats but if mactonite's got a 29 powerquest and Jafo's 28 Active thunder thats at least eight of you that could split costs for the run in those two boats.

Just a thought:)

If someone has the cash burning a hole in there pocket for the entry fee, and has a boat big enough to run on the big lake, then I will be more than happy to tag along for the ride :eek: :D
Seriously though, Out of my league, BIG TIME:eek: :D :p

ActiveThunderTodd 05-26-2002 10:23 AM

We're still not sure if we're going over or not. I think if the weather looks good for a boat trip across then we may join up with Ron and boat across. Other wise I don't think we would go over then.

Ron I'm sending u a PM as well.

BTJ88 05-27-2002 09:42 PM

BoatMe - What about being a volunteer?

KAAMA 05-27-2002 10:06 PM

Dang....I wished my boat was in running condition---that way I would either love to watch from my boat or participate in the SOTW poker run. Well, we're trying to get the boat finished soon I hope. Anyway, I will be around the docks at the harbor site....it would be nice to meet all of you OSO guys.

Lake Michigan weather was fantastic on Sunday and Monday....the lake had laid right down with hardly any wind at all. I saw several offshore boats out of St.Joseph, Michigan today (Monday) including a 42' Tiger. It was all white with the American flag painted all over it----looked good and sounded good---didn't know where he came from but saw him in the St.Joe River heading out to the Lake---he went North towards South Haven.

Rambunctious 05-28-2002 08:06 AM

maybe an informal meeting time of 12:00-12:30 on the wall in Grand Haven. bring your weenies, burgers and little grills for lunch?

as previously posted, we are watching them arive and depart from Holland, then heading to Grand Haven to await their final return. We should be in Grand Haven around 12:00 or so?

Kaama, you are welcome to hook up with us if you feel the need to get on the big lake. My Formula isn't as fast as your boat, but it WILL be floating that day:D . Maybe even Waterfoul will have things running, otherwise I'm sure he will be with us too.

MACTONITE 05-28-2002 02:53 PM

HAVE BOAT, LOOKING FOR PAYING RIDERS!

HEY THERE FOLKS, HAVE A BOAT AND 2 PEOPLE, LOOKING FOR 2 MORE EXPERIENCED FUN BOATERS(MALE OR FEMALE) TO SHARE EXPENSES WITH. BOAT IS A 29 POWERQUEST AND HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT SHE SHOULD HANDLE THE LAKE FINE AS LONG AS THE WIND DOESN'T REAR IT'S UGLY HEAD TO BAD! WOULD LIKE TO SECURE PLANS ASAP! HAVE LODGING ALREADY RESERVED IN TOWN. PLEASE, ANY OTHER "SERIOUS" BOATERS THAT WANT TO GO TO THIS EVENT BUT DON'T HAVE A RIDE CONTACT MIKE AT 248-866-2530. LEAVE A MESSAGE IF I DON'T ANSWER, WILL RESPOND ASSAP. THIS IS GOING TO BE AN AWESOME EVENT! CATCH YOU LATER!

Intolerant1 05-28-2002 05:22 PM

Sounds like those of us spectating will be pretty spread out on Saturday. Anyone interested in meeting at the south end of the route let me know. We can exchange cell numbers or other means of contact.

Maybe Sunday would be better for a group get together. Again, I think of the cove on the river leading to Saugatuk as wavews wont be an issue.

Playn 05-28-2002 05:40 PM

Originally posted by Intolerant1
Sounds like those of us spectating will be pretty spread out on Saturday. Anyone interested in meeting at the south end of the route let me know. We can exchange cell numbers or other means of contact.

Maybe Sunday would be better for a group get together. Again, I think of the cove on the river leading to Saugatuk as wavews wont be an issue.

Were planning on being in Douglas/Saugatuk on Saturday. Might go up to Grand Haven on Sunday.

dyno 05-29-2002 11:28 AM

I'll be at the north end waiting at WhiteLake I'll run back with them to G.H anyone else want to run along let me know...cell phone # 616-403-4482 or radio channel 69 call for Liberty 2 . I rack store in Muskegon I will make a run down to G.H on friday night to check things out (weather permitting) or take the truck down... maybe we can hook up at GreatLakes with Crazyhorse and SuperV on Friday anyone interested?????

Wally 05-29-2002 11:54 AM

Well.......I have been bought out of my Scarab! :( But i will be on It for the Smoke On the Water Run!!! :D And there is also one possibly two spots open on the boat!!! So if anyone wants to chip in for the cost of the run (split equally of course) Let me know ASAP and anyone whos there stop by and say HI!!!! :D
Look for Stress Test at Grand Haven on Fri. :D

BTJ88 05-29-2002 10:10 PM

Anybody going to watch from the shore? I'm still boat shopping and won't be able to go out to watch.:( I'm thinking that the GH channel will be the best place to be. It would be nice to hook up with some OSO'ers on Sat.

Brian

RonS 05-30-2002 12:44 AM

Wally will you be boating across or are you trailering around. We are planning on leaving milwaukee Friday morning, weather permitting, AT Todd may be coming along also. Thinking we could possibly hook up and run across together.

If anyone else is planning on crossing Fri morning it might be fun if we all ran together.

ActiveThunderTodd 05-30-2002 02:17 AM

Ron,

I got your email. What time are you planning on leaving Milwaukee? If the weather is not good for crossing we won't be going. If you have your seats all filled up then we can just habg out and watch the show. I'll give you a call early next week.

Todd

P.S. How's that new baby doing?

fred 05-30-2002 06:43 AM

I have my daughters graduation that day (the 8th) otherwise I would be there on Fri. and Sat. oh well next year....yes the wife would kill me if I skipped out of the graduation......Fred

Wally 05-30-2002 10:47 AM

Originally posted by RonS
Wally will you be boating across or are you trailering around. We are planning on leaving milwaukee Friday morning, weather permitting, AT Todd may be coming along also. Thinking we could possibly hook up and run across together.

If anyone else is planning on crossing Fri morning it might be fun if we all ran together.

Ron,
Karl(SidebySide) is leaving Fri morning out of Racine harbor and crossing the lake weather permitting. We also may cross with him but again it all depends on the weather. If its anything over 3'ers we are both gonna trailer it around.
You can give either me or Karl a call on the cell's and see whats going on.

Karl-847-778-9330
Wally-847-420-3244

RonS 05-31-2002 06:29 PM

At todd, we are planning fri morning, won't know exatctly what time until wed.

Wally, I'll give you a ring middle of next week probably wed evening or thursday morning.

ActiveThunderTodd 05-31-2002 09:04 PM

Ron,

I have a new cel number....608-207-8320

Give me a call when you know what time you'll be heading out.

Todd

Intolerant1 06-03-2002 10:47 PM

Does anyone know where exactly the stop in South Haven is at. Just in case the water is too bad for floating we can go to the dock and watch em idle in.

jafo 06-03-2002 11:02 PM

Looks like we will be heading up to Muskegon from Holland with the Active Thunder if the weather permits- might just tow it and splash there. Hope to see some of you over the weekend!
Jim

Red Stripe 06-03-2002 11:41 PM

Hey Jafo,
Where you going to be at in Muskegon? Are you stopping in Grand Haven on the way up? (if you go by water)