eddie marine powder coat/ paint codes >

eddie marine powder coat/ paint codes

Notices

eddie marine powder coat/ paint codes

Old 03-16-2011, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default eddie marine powder coat/ paint codes

has anyone tried to match eddie marines powder coat colors? i have a bunch of their purple parts on my boat and would love to powdercoat or paint some other stuff to match. i emailed them and they wouldnt give me info but said i could send them my parts and they would do it and to send info for a quote. i am guessing they are not cheap but i sent info anyways and they never responded.... second time i have dealt with them through email and they didnt respond but thats besides the point. i am on a tight budget and i have equipment to paint or powdercoat so i would rathr do it myself.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Try matching the paint with a Kandy color from house of kolor. It may take a few spray puts to get it right but it should come close
Old 03-16-2011, 08:47 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Take a part to your local paint shop with a color scanning machine. I'm not sure of the device's formal name, but it will scan your part and spit out an exact paint mix, including pearl or metallic additives if necessary.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by redsled33
Try matching the paint with a Kandy color from house of kolor. It may take a few spray puts to get it right but it should come close
+1,,that is what i have done in the past.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:32 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,783 Likes on 884 Posts

The local powdercoat guy I used has candy purple powdercoat and it matches all my other purple stuff just fine.
He is located in the Idustrial Park off 72nd and Cedardale Rd in Papillion. He only charged me about $20 to do my shifter bezel.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:46 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The parts have to be buffed first to match the fusion coat they put on. The paint has a very low pigment so is almost transparent. Thats what make it pop.

Just call and talk to JC. I`ve always had good luck dealing with them.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

I just had EM strip and pc my trim tabs and a handle. They even made some custom steps for me. I found them very easy to work with. No, it's not cheap. But, they do quality work. I've always dealt with Chris Flores, [email protected].
Old 03-16-2011, 03:22 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The color scanner camera thingy didn't come up with the right code for me, twice. Comes out lambo blue, very pretty but not even close. My painter just mixed it up himself. I have to scuff up the blue tonight so he can paint my sticks tomorrow.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the house of color option is a no go for me, thats a 3 stage paint job there, i have shot candy before and wont do it again. it is for the pros . griff i may look into him. the vents i was trying to have coated were blue, i stripped them and they are polished under that so i am gonna go with polished this summer and maybe do the powder coating during the winter time. i found some tanslucent/candy purple online that i may try. i am a do it yourself type of guy and hate sending stuff out or paying people to do my stuff unless there is no other option, just the way i am and is how i can afford to build a boat.