Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Want to Purchase Nordic 22E 496HO >

Want to Purchase Nordic 22E 496HO

Notices

Want to Purchase Nordic 22E 496HO

Old 03-26-2011, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

25 pitch Mirage Plus. Anything over 75 and the boat is probably going to be hard to control and will also be unsafe with out hydraulic steering.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice looking boat, The graphics are cool. I would think the place doing the repower would do the testing for you, I have seen quite a few single engine 496ho setups with a 4 blade bravo 1 26 pitch, would probably start there imo.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1

Originally Posted by picklenjim
25 pitch Mirage Plus. Anything over 75 and the boat is probably going to be hard to control and will also be unsafe with out hydraulic steering.
+1 to the above ^

I'm also a 22E owner (2010) and can't wait for your first ride feedback! We love ours and EVERYONE will be admiring your Nordic.
I'm in the same position as you with the lake I'm on in WI; mostly ski and fishing boats.
I'd way rather drop that coin on a Nordic than a MasterCraft!
I have 4 kids and we can ski & tube just like those guys but then we can cruise around faster (& in style ) than their 50MPH ski boat that cost the same as our Nordic.
Even when doing poker runs on the Mississippi the big fast guys may pass us up on the water, I only have the 350 MAG, but they all come over when we hit the dock and check out our west coast custom.
It's kind of like a harley and all that fancy polished billet has to be kept up on, especially if you keep it out on a lift...I guess for you and only one month usage it won't be.
Besides that You'll love it!
Chad
Old 08-26-2012, 11:36 AM
JFT
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just for the completeness of this thread, I thought I should add this video for the record.

Regards

JF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8tIj...e_gdata_player