Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Good news/ Bad news............ >

Good news/ Bad news............

Notices

Good news/ Bad news............

Old 03-21-2011, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have used Zep degreaser several times in the Fountain on the 525's with no problem. I clean 'em up on a sunny morning, let 'em dry, then reapply the Corrosion X and its all good.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I work for a big hazmat outfit when i was down in louiseana last year we cleaned allof the oil with tide laundry detergent and palmolive dish soap even the wild life was cleaned with this stuff
Old 03-21-2011, 11:49 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 11 Posts

any of the cleaners mentioned and HOT water. Hot water will make much quicker work of the cleanup. Every try and wash a greasy dish with cold water?
Old 03-22-2011, 04:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats too bad Jeremy. Hopefully nothing else went during that short time of no oil pressure. Good luck. I have had good luck with Purple Power, dont know if you guys can get it, it is in Harbor Freights down here. Works pretty well even when you cant scrub.

But how is the hatch actuator working out
Old 03-22-2011, 09:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
If you can't find Simple Green, use some Formula 409.

BTW, your idle water pressure is pretty high. Most people barely see the needle move at idle. If you start getting much above 25psi, then thats too high and you need a relief valve.
Your oil pressure should move some with increased rpm or after it gets hot also. Do you have an oil temp gauge??? Are you sure the oil psi gauge is working properly??? I would hook up a mechanical gauge.
Thanks Griff, the Simple Green HD seems to be doing the trick....

I agree the idle water pressure is high but it does not go above 24-25psi , so far, I have only run it just above 4000rpm until the engine is broken in......if it gets too high I do have a relief valve I can install.

I should have been clearer on the oil pressure, it is about 35psi at idle, 40psi at cruise and almost 45psi at 4000rpm......I stated 40psi as the average. Gauge is working, I put a temperary mechanical gauge on when I first installed. I am looking at an oil temp sender/gauge, just figuring out where and how......
Old 03-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Philm
Thats too bad Jeremy. Hopefully nothing else went during that short time of no oil pressure. Good luck. I have had good luck with Purple Power, dont know if you guys can get it, it is in Harbor Freights down here. Works pretty well even when you cant scrub.

But how is the hatch actuator working out
Thanks for that, actuator works great, as you said, a little slow but not a big deal.....

I think I caught the drop in oil pressure in time, I was actually looking at the gauge when it zero'd out so it was perhaps 5 seconds or so and when I opened the hatch there was a mess but still some oil in the engine, lost about 4 liters or so.....when I fixed the line and topped up with oil it ran fine on the run home......