Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   State Farm Insurance Sucks (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/25041-state-farm-insurance-sucks.html)

Uncle Toys 05-23-2002 03:58 PM

HavasuCat - Call Buzz at PMA. He got my rate down from $3,500 to $1,900 on my cat and it is not a thin policy. He completly understands the high-performance industry!

THRILLSEEKER 05-23-2002 04:06 PM

I have had State Farm Insurance for 3 months now on my 28cig I picked them because they were the only ones that would insure me. I checked w/all the specialty marine companies and various others they all said that they wouldnt cover me because my driving record was too bad (1 speeding ticket) and my age(19) they said good luck finding somebody kid. So when I called State Farm I told them numerous times about the whole age, driving record, fast boat situation and showed them pictures and a copy of a survey and they said no problem. After hearing this post I am going to call and verify my policy again. Can anybody recomend another company if State Farm drops me?

27 FOUNTAIN 05-23-2002 04:30 PM

I have State Farm, and yes they know what boat I have. Haven't had to make a claim yet though. I have a friend that took off his outdrive at Cumberland, across a log. State Farm took care of him completely on the repair. That's my storey, so far no complaints.

ssherman 05-23-2002 04:31 PM

I had similar problems with a claim in 99 and then last year was going to switch eveything cars, houses, boats, motorcycles 2 mill in life insurance and company insurance about 25k per year in premiums and the local agent ran an MVR report all was fine then after cancelling American Family State Farm then two weeks later decided they overlooked a 4 year old speeding ticket and couldnt save on the cars and wouldnt even think about the bike??? Whant a mess and American Family let the whole account walk over the bike insurance (in their defense they said they would insure it for $4300 per year) I was amazed and that went all the way to the top (I was an agent in 97, 98) and because of incidents like this and the aforementioned i resigned.

HavasuCat 05-23-2002 04:34 PM

I just got off the phone with a fellow board member that works for blackadar (sp) (I will let him chime in if he wants to identifiy himself) and sy goldberg. both great guys and I think my problem will be solved shortly. thanks for the advice from others.;)

BryanTuvell 05-23-2002 06:17 PM

Wow, some bad state farm stories...

We have experienced just the opposite with State Farm.
We have been with them 22 years, same agent for 17 years.
They have insured both my ZX Donzi's, HP is listed on my policy, we have agreed value on the boat and agreed value on the trailer.
We are also covered for personal injury and liability.

My last claim was a CrabPot (outdrive upper/lower) and they hired a marine surveyor and stroked me a check within 3 days minus my $500 deductible for a new out of the box drive.

I think the key is a good angent, and everyones situation is different, longevity and number of policies are key issues too.
They insure everything from jewelry to my house etc.
Bryan

Playn 05-23-2002 06:18 PM

I've had our boat insured with State Farm for the last couple years. Granted it isn't a HP boat. We claimed some drive work and they responded without any problems. Maybe we have just been fortunate

Secretformula 05-23-2002 07:36 PM

Had a beer bottle thrown from a parking deck onto deck of my Formula 303. State Farm wrote a check for $1500 and never came to look at the damage.:cool:

packinair 05-23-2002 10:02 PM

I have posted several times that the same thing happened to me. when I was looking into buying a cat I was quoted like $44 a month for full coverage. well needless to say now I am paying alittle more than that. e-mail me if you want the good hook up

Tinkerer 05-23-2002 10:12 PM

I have LIBERTY MUTUAL and am very happy. good prices and they handle claims very fast. They won't take you if you have more than a few tickets though.