Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   State Farm Insurance Sucks (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/25041-state-farm-insurance-sucks.html)

supercrash 05-23-2002 10:20 PM

Hey Secret....That IS damn fine service...They must think it's cheaper to just cut checks for claims under $2000.00....Rather than send a slacky out on a half day damage confirmation...:D

rainmn 05-23-2002 10:29 PM

I hate State Farm - had them for about 12 years on all my cars. Switched everything over to USAA when I got married. (Wife has a military family.) Now, my house, jewelry rider, car, truck, and boat costs less than my last policy with State Farm did, which was just for one truck.

MitchStellin 05-23-2002 11:12 PM

I have state farm on everything. Never a problem.Hit the bottom with my Dozi and they paid dearly. My wife works for an insurance agency now and I won't change.:D

hotbeek 05-23-2002 11:21 PM

I've had nothing but good luck with State Farm too ! Last year I took my drive out they paid the claim($4500) without even seeing the boat !!!

Knock on wood !!!

Many times it's the agents who'll make or break you ! You'd be surprised what they can do ;)

HavasuCat 05-23-2002 11:41 PM

I have nothing bad to say about the agent I dealt with, he tryed his best to work things out for us. It was the underwriters and their boss that were the problem. The agent is actually a boater himself and was very sorry about the whole situation.

cwolv 05-23-2002 11:44 PM

I've had no trouble yet with State Farm, no claims either. They have seen my boat, know it 's 500h.p., 24', 70mph+...$254.00 a year for 16K agreed value on boat/trailer. HAD to get renter's policy(or homeowner) and carry boat as a rider policy, additional $152.00 a year. They have my 88 Sub too, $$508.00 a year for $8K agreed value. On the other hand. My boss was with them for 25+ years but they wouldn't cover his 33' Formula with twin HP500's, SF lost 15+ policies on that one. Strange, they will insure me(31 years old, single ) in a faster, less stable, more dangerous boat, but won't insure a 65 year old guy that's been boating for 35-40 yrs without incident in a slower, safer boat that also had a ferarri, corvette, STS Northstar, 3 other regular cars, 4 seadoos,2 houses, and 3 or 4 businesses already insured with them??? Bad way to treat your best customers.

THRILLSEEKER 05-24-2002 12:08 AM

The bad thing is that insurance companies like State Farm are so big that they don't give a sh!t if they loose several thousand dollars worth of policies from an induvidual because they will make up for it with all new ones they write and sell every other day.

Laveyman 05-25-2002 04:10 AM

HavCat,

Give Sawyer Cook Insurance a phone call. They have a division that writes nothing but marine policies, and have an A+ rating. I can't recall their underwriter, but when I did the research a few years back, their underwriter has been in the marine insurance business for almost 100 years. They insure your boat for "replacement value," not what some schmuck with a NADA Guide says it's worth. They also have 1st rate service and are located in the Inland Empire.

Their number is (800) 655-2814. I have always dealt with "Gayla" in the marine division.

Congrats on the new Top Gun!

SHARKEY-IMAGES 05-25-2002 06:43 AM

WWW.TOTALDOLLARINSURANCE.COM I believe they just came out with a new CAT POLICY A second company that insures HP Boats would be CAMPISANO MARINE INSURANCE Good Luck!;)

Sydwayz 05-29-2002 10:58 AM

I sent a link to this entire post to my very friendly and helpful State Farm Agent. I asked them to investigate things for me before I switch. In other words, I am going to be a very hard sell for them. I was told that the entire Insurance Industry is 'tightening the belt' across the board, which could be reasons why things like these bad experiences are happening. I am still not sure whether to switch to State Farm or not, but I will keep you all updated on what I find out from the inside.