She talked me into a cruiser!

Notices

She talked me into a cruiser!

Old 04-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
Noce boat, but enclosed helm? That is like driving a living room. Now I don;t feel so bad, at least I can still get tanned while cruising at 22 mph.
It's a bridge boat with a "upper helm" with a nice enclosure that opens up for those sunny days so I can tan..

I dont think I have even driven from the lower ??

Last edited by 2 Trick Rick; 04-04-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:42 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
Honestly most of us use or speed boats like cruisers. Hanging out in the bay all day, then sleep at the bar/dock at night.
Same as us for the last 7 yrs. Have a covered slip with a lift that we kept the Fountain on. (Now the cruiser is kept high and dry ) We live on the dock Thur evening till Sun evening every weekend May till Nov 1st. Party every night on the dock, in the cove during the day. Cruiser=booze cruise with all your buddys having a great time

Have fun!

29 Baja......

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 12-02-2011 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:03 PM
JnT
Registered

Talk about driving a living room... We bought a houseboat ... Stll have the little Apache for a tender though! Have fun
Old 04-04-2011, 06:04 PM
Registered

I guess I'm still a bit green at the performance boating -vs- cruiser boating lifestyle and lingo.
I searched for over a year before making an offer on a boat.
It's a supercharged 38 Special by Baja. Now my differing buddies say I'll have a boat with no designation. One says it's not a cruiser like his because of the lack of room and the other says it's not a cigarette style offshore go fast boat because it's to wide, heavy, and underpowered.

Now I'm totally lost, I thought any 35'plus boat with all the good cruiser amenties like AC/heat, galley, head, hot water etc.. that'll hit the low 70's @WOT was the best of both worlds.

I'm curious, how would you guys and girls define the class that this boat will fall into???
Thanks for y'alls insight, this forum rocks with all kinds of boating knowledge.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 04-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Registered

I just bought a 30ft sundancer can't wait to use it. It is more "family friendly" Also this way I can look for that perfect fountain and build it up. I also paid cash so its nice not having another mortgage payment.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by huskyrider
I guess I'm still a bit green at the performance boating -vs- cruiser boating lifestyle and lingo.
It's a supercharged 38 Special by Baja. Now my differing buddies say I'll have a boat with no designation. One says it's not a cruiser like his because of the lack of room and the other says it's not a cigarette style offshore go fast boat because it's to wide, heavy, and underpowered.

Now I'm totally lost, I thought any 35'plus boat with all the good cruiser amenties like AC/heat, galley, head, hot water etc.. that'll hit the low 70's @WOT was the best of both worlds.

I'm curious, how would you guys and girls define the class that this boat will fall into???
Thanks for y'alls insight, this forum rocks with all kinds of boating knowledge.

See ya,
Kelly
Performance Cruiser would be my guess..depends on the crowd..most novice would just say "cigar boat" or "go fast" boat. Depends which way you take the boat..if you had more high performance you will have a high performance boat..if you add more cup holders and a grille and curtins..you will have a cruiser..as it sets..I would say performance/cruiser. What does baja call it or your insurance?
Old 04-04-2011, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by huskyrider

See ya,
Kelly
Very nice

I call them crossovers.....but you have the right idea IMO. The 38 Sonic fits the same bill, and most likely our next boat.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick
It's a bridge boat with a "upper helm" with a nice enclosure that opens up for those sunny days so I can tan..

Wow, ur up there!

Lower would be a great place for road head no?
Old 04-04-2011, 06:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick

Is that your radar down below the TV antenna?
Old 04-04-2011, 06:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Same as us for the last 7 yrs. Have a covered slip with a lift that we kept the Fountain on. (Now the cruiser is kept high and dry ) We live on the dock Thur evening till Sun evening every weekend May till Nov 1st. Party every night on the dock, in the cove during the day. Cruiser=booze cruise with all your buddys having a great time

Have fun!

29 Baja......
+1 We have lake at the house, just need about 200 ft of dock now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.