Like Tree0Likes

She talked me into a cruiser!

Reply
Old 04-11-2011, 07:33 PM
  #81
Registered
 
custom29scarab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Oneida Lake
My Boats: 2008 38 Fountain Hair Trigger 2004 38 Fountain and 29 Scarab Sold
Posts: 248
Default

4bus you can take a ride with us when ever you get the itch to go fast. See you soon! Duke
custom29scarab is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:44 PM
  #82
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
donzi matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Moultonborough NH
My Boats: 95 Cigarette Top Gun
Posts: 1,328
Default

I reluctantly sold our 26 Sonic with a 500 HP for a 32 regal with twin 454's and Bravo 3's. I never once looked back. The regal is laid out extremely well and has plenty of power, for a cruiser. I have seen 51 on GPS, and with the B3's, it gets right out of the water. I find we mostly cruise around 30 with it, so going from one end of the lake to the other does take a while.

I campaigned hard this year for a 29 or 31 Formula to add to the fleet, but was shot down for another year. Either way, I think the Regal is going to be in the family for quite a while, it is just so versatile when you have 3 girls and want to spend a full day on the water.

I believe you will love your new cruiser.
donzi matt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:33 PM
  #83
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: CNY
My Boats: On The Dock
Posts: 342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4bus View Post
Nolan.....how the hell you been? Don't think I won't run this pig in the swamp run hahah
We would be disapointed if you didn't, back in 2004 the very 1st Swamp Run a guy in a 30' Carver won the whole thing and recieved a ticket in brewerton on the way down from DEC, and in the beach at the end of the run. But they had a great time and the $2000 they won more then covered the tickets. I've been well tring to get wedding plans together as well as possibly buying another house and been super busy at the shop......LOOOOOONNNGGG Winter!! How is the 4bus?
NY POWERBOAT INC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:36 AM
  #84
VIP Member
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
Quinlan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Tulsa, GLOC
My Boats: 02 38 T/S GUN-SMITH POWER 43 Wellcraft Portifino
Posts: 3,143
Default

She is happy and I still GO FAST!
Well when its running!
Attached Thumbnails
She talked me into a cruiser!-photo373.jpg  
Quinlan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:14 PM
  #85
Registered
Thread Starter
Trade Score: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oneida Lake NY
My Boats: 38 Fountain Lightning 575sci xr
Posts: 3,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom29scarab View Post
4bus you can take a ride with us when ever you get the itch to go fast. See you soon! Duke
Thanks Duke! I am going to hold you to that!!!
4bus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:22 PM
  #86
Registered
Thread Starter
Trade Score: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oneida Lake NY
My Boats: 38 Fountain Lightning 575sci xr
Posts: 3,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY POWERBOAT INC View Post
We would be disapointed if you didn't, back in 2004 the very 1st Swamp Run a guy in a 30' Carver won the whole thing and recieved a ticket in brewerton on the way down from DEC, and in the beach at the end of the run. But they had a great time and the $2000 they won more then covered the tickets. I've been well tring to get wedding plans together as well as possibly buying another house and been super busy at the shop......LOOOOOONNNGGG Winter!! How is the 4bus?
Wow Congrats.....gotta love those Chittenango girls huh?? hahaha

You are always buying something! I am good bro, and yes this winter was too long.

Let me know if you see any large lifts for sale on the North Shore, I would rather keep this thing in the water behind the house....it tows like a big marshmallow

This pic is before the air leveling suspension kicked in, just wierd towing a boat this tall

4bus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:23 PM
  #87
Registered
Thread Starter
Trade Score: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oneida Lake NY
My Boats: 38 Fountain Lightning 575sci xr
Posts: 3,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
She is happy and I still GO FAST!
Well when its running!
Don't say that, I thought cruisers don't break???
4bus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:30 PM
  #88
Registered
Thread Starter
Trade Score: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oneida Lake NY
My Boats: 38 Fountain Lightning 575sci xr
Posts: 3,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pullmytrigger View Post
I used to hang with a bunch of cruiser guys....said "used to" because almost all of their boats are now either dry docked or sold.....but what I find with those things is their just waterborne mobile party platforms.....you can eat/sleep/party on them really well but they are no fun to drive whatsoever.....take a fast corner and there is s hit flying all over the place.

They used to say that my boat "is too one dimensional"...I would say "NO....your boat is too one dimensional....the only thing that thing does well is party".....theres no comparison between going for an all day cruise (actual boating!) in my boat compared to a cruiser....the speed/handling/acceleration, no comparison.....in actuality they almost never went on an all day cruise.....their idea of a "run" would be to cruise out to the various nearby party spots (no more than an hour of actual "boating") and party all day then come back...it gets old.....in reality many cruisers in our Marina never leave the dock.....we have a lot of water up here and my idea of a run is to be out for 9 or10hrs with at least 5 or6 of it underway, the bulk of it at my economical 35 - 40mph cruise speed taking in the sights with occasional blasts to 65....actual boating!...the cruiser guys would do something like that once a summer and it would be their "big trip".....we do this every weekend

They overnight more comfortably than me but as my wife once said "its not about how much stuff you can bring its about how much stuff you can leave at home....."
I can't imagine driving any boat for 9-10 hrs, I drive enough all week.

Keep in mind I live on a 22x5 mile lake, we drive to a bay...meet up..then go home or to our destinahahaation when the sun goes down. The part I am scared about is the roar of thru hull and the site of rooster tails at the end of the day.

Get this....the charplotter has a max speed memory of 46.8 MPH, but the boat came from Niagra Falls area, so there is a good chance that speed came from going over the falls hahahaha
4bus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:32 PM
  #89
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Underwood ND
My Boats: 1996 Fountain fever 27 650hp
Posts: 273
Default

Well it is way better than what my wife wants to do she is thinking fishing boat I don't thinks so That does look like a nice boat.
pokey27 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:38 PM
  #90
Registered
Thread Starter
Trade Score: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oneida Lake NY
My Boats: 38 Fountain Lightning 575sci xr
Posts: 3,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by donzi matt View Post
I reluctantly sold our 26 Sonic with a 500 HP for a 32 regal with twin 454's and Bravo 3's. I never once looked back. The regal is laid out extremely well and has plenty of power, for a cruiser. I have seen 51 on GPS, and with the B3's, it gets right out of the water. I find we mostly cruise around 30 with it, so going from one end of the lake to the other does take a while.

I campaigned hard this year for a 29 or 31 Formula to add to the fleet, but was shot down for another year. Either way, I think the Regal is going to be in the family for quite a while, it is just so versatile when you have 3 girls and want to spend a full day on the water.

I believe you will love your new cruiser.
Nice,

Ya we also peeked at a Formula 330SS which is about the closest thing I have seen to being both a cruiser and some kind of go fast. However it needed new vynil, had queer colors (go figure) and had a smell in a cuddie that we knew whould never come out. Take a homeless mans dirty sock and store it in the a$$ crack of another homeless man for a few months and you will get an idea of what that boat smelled like. Also had a 10 ft beam and the dealer refused to put it on the trailer, told me they would drop in the water and then I would be on my own.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...33-SS-97612199

This boat will chose will be easy to move I think.....yes already thinking ahead
4bus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.