575 sci by valyako and crockett >

575 sci by valyako and crockett

Notices

575 sci by valyako and crockett

Old 04-10-2011, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by custom29scarab
I love it when new guys come on here and post they had all this work done and how great their numbers are and then say oh give him a call. Almost like a cheap advertisement. I'll put my motors up against yours on a dyno anyday and I bet I make just as much if not more than your overworked mills. Have a nice day and thanks for the info.
Kind of harsh don't you think? If you had asked me what kind of money i spent, I would'nt have posted it up here either. Its not fair to the guys like tyler and JimV.

Jim Valakeo has been doing this for a long time, crockett too. I think it's pretty cool that they work together. Alot of builders out there won't work with another builder on a customers build.

As for the numbers, I think 750HP is pretty respectable from a 502 with a small blower. Keep in mind too, what kind of power the engine makes thru the entire powerband. Its useable.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 798 Likes on 366 Posts

I love it when new guys come on here and post they had all this work done and how great their numbers are and then say oh give him a call. Almost like a cheap advertisement. I'll put my motors up against yours on a dyno anyday and I bet I make just as much if not more than your overworked mills. Have a nice day and thanks for the info.
Ryan has been around here for 2 years (June 09) so I wouldn't exactly call him a "new guy", as far as him giving you the dollar details on his build, not everyone is going to give every last detail on exactly what there bill was. At first your "interested" in upgrading your motors similarly then next thing your challenging the guy??? Sounds like you have a Axe to grind with someone. Ryan is a nice guy, I have had my boat tied up next to him before, I don't think his build sounds like a advertisement for anyone, he is just giving credit, Smitty
Old 04-11-2011, 07:24 AM
ENABLER
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats bro----
Old 04-11-2011, 07:01 PM
Registered

Sorry maybe it was a little harsh. Wasn't looking for actual cash value either though. I have done most of this already in previous builds and so has many many others on here. Guess I just get a little excited when guys have a little work done post all these great dyno numbers then say well you can have this done to just call JIMV. Seems a little addy to me I know JIMV has been around a long time maybe ryan is just pumped about his mills. I just never felt the need to post my dyno sheets and talk all about it is all. As for my inquiry as an example my chillers were added and you can look up the cost and the proven performance upgrade they provide as well as most of the stuff crockett does. If the work that ryan had done cost 5k aposed to 2k that makes a big diff as to whether to consider the work being done just as an example. Didn't mean to dis you ryan. Hope your boat runs great this summer.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:39 AM
Registered

Sorry maybe it was a little harsh. Wasn't looking for actual cash value either though. I have done most of this already in previous builds and so has many many others on here. Guess I just get a little excited when guys have a little work done post all these great dyno numbers then say well you can have this done to just call JIMV. Seems a little addy to me I know JIMV has been around a long time maybe ryan is just pumped about his mills. I just never felt the need to post my dyno sheets and talk all about it is all. As for my inquiry as an example my chillers were added and you can look up the cost and the proven performance upgrade they provide as well as most of the stuff crockett does. If the work that ryan had done cost 5k aposed to 2k that makes a big diff as to whether to consider the work being done just as an example. Didn't mean to dis you ryan. Hope your boat runs great this summer.
Jim has done a ton of work for me and like smitty and mild thunder said it's not that I don't want to post the cost but not fair to jim if I post a price only reason numbers were posted is for everyone's info.If you don't want the info then thats fine. Love the b.s. on this site thats why I don't post. Ryan Thanks smitty and mild thunder

Last edited by ryan9154; 04-12-2011 at 12:41 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:01 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by ryan9154
Jim has done a ton of work for me and like smitty and mild thunder said it's not that I don't want to post the cost but not fair to jim if I post a price only reason numbers were posted is for everyone's info.If you don't want the info then thats fine. Love the b.s. on this site thats why I don't post. Ryan Thanks smitty and mild thunder
Keep posting man...Sites like OSO were designed just for what you posted. Sharing engine recipes, tech info, and what not. Congrats on the upgrades, should run like a raped ape!