Notices

Look Out Powerboat.....

Old 04-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Padraig
It is still ugly but I quess it would make a good lake boat where you wouldn't have to worry about it filling the bow with water.

Wasn't it Boating Mag that let Eric Colby go for some BS reason? If so, the hell with them.
Yeah, I guess you wouldn't want to stuff it but I've always wondered what would happen if you stuffed a west coast style deck boat.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Padraig
Sorry but IMO that is one ugly boat. What a horrible thing to do to a Donzi.
I agree, Nordic did this to a 35 Flame, gave me nightmares for months.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only part of the boat I don't like is the "styling" of the open bow. It look like they didn't put any thought into it. Just basic seats, looks like a weird shape old style hot tub plopped in the bow. I think Sunsation has the sharpest looking open bow in the market, this Donzi would have been the bomb if they put 1/2 the effort in the styling in the bow as they did int he cockpit.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Probably the most tasteless application of a brand name on the side of a boat I've ever seen. The open bow section looks like someone wanted to install a do it yourself hatch, slipped on the deck, and the sawzall wouldn't stop cutting.

Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder, and my eyes say this boat is absolutely heinous. I'll bet that red paint reminds you of something else if it were in the hot Florida sun.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:20 PM
Banned

I wonder what they mean calling us "Freaks" on the front cover of their magazine?
Old 04-10-2011, 09:21 PM
Registered

Glad to see Powerboat giving the speed boats some love. Also recently picked up an issue of Sportboat, by the publishers of Hot Rod Magazine, that wasn't bad.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:06 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Freak: c. An enthusiast.

I don't care for an open bow. If I could afford this boat I would want the long sleek deck to look over and a larger cabin (Yes, I would use the cabin). Actually I would pop for a 38ZR. However, I disagree with the harsh remarks and think that it looks well thought out and designed. If there is a market for this style than I would rather see that than west coast deck boats that resemble troop landers or center consoles that were designed for fishing. Anyway, my intent in starting this thread wasn't really to discuss this particular Donzi but more to point out that this months issue looks a lot more like a performance boating magazine than a typical copy of "Boating" and I hope that trend continues.